What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just realized, Munky, that you might have wanted to know what to do with the cooked meat:

What I do is slice off the "face" (the part not covered in skin/fat), and make some gravy with the drippings. I then cook the slices in the gravy for a nice main dish.

The rest, I separate the meat into hunks for the freezer which I use up in various dishes such as shredded pork BBQ, cut into small dice for fried rice (marinated in pineapple, ginger and soy), stew, etc.

If you don't care to use beer, water works fine. I don't add salt, but often use thyme. It makes a great gravy when braised this way.

I don't braise in apple juice any more because it ruins the drippings for gravy IMO.

You can also use beef or chicken stock or broth. You can treat it as you woud a beef roast. ZH gave you the simplest way to cook it. You can't fail. And it is delicious. Any left over gravy is great for open faced sandwiches also. :angel:

I'm watching Spartacus, the original one.
I might head to the grocery store in a couple hours and beat the Sunday crowd.

I'm planting the purchases from yesterday's greenhouse run, along with taking the overwintered hibiscus, spikes, and rosemary outside. It's a beautiful day, finally!

Watching my husband tally up the damage done to our car last night. As we were driving to the theatre awards function a young guy in a pick-up truck nearly T-boned us but, instead because of Glenn's driving skills, ran us off the road. Came close to rolling the car but avoided that and wound up jumping a big ditch and taking someone's mailbox off with our passenger side rear view mirror. Unfortunately, in doing so both passenger doors are roached, along with the mirror.

It's going to be a costly repair because our car is a big Lincoln and the paint is a stinker to match. Glenn says, if the insurance company gets involved, they will likely total our car. NOOOOOOOO!!! I love Speedy, named so because we acquired it so quickly. I'm hoping for the best. At least neither one of us was hurt.

We made it to the awards show and had a lovely time.
Sorry to hear about the accident. Like you said...Thankfully nobody was hurt.Cars & parts can be replaced, not our loved ones. Take care!:angel:

The hummingbirds are back! DH and I both got the word straight from the birds, "Where is our food?" Heard the whirring. Mixed and hung the food up.

Apparently they always return to where they were hatched and grew up.

Just been out to the shops to get a few things...soon going to head out to mums to catch up as I have not seen her since she has come back from her holidays

I just ordered another remote probe thermometer off Amazon. My other one had the probes replaced a couple times and I still didn't fully trust anymore. It was time for a new one. And the range is supposed to be better now, too.

Since I had never paid attention to the "Closed - Sunday" sign at the Costco Pharmacy, I need to run back out there today to pick up my prescription. Also back to the podiatrist, this toe just is not healing. So eating toast before heading out.

i can't sleep. got baseball on the brain.

we have a game tonight against a team that has despicable coaches. they yell at their players on the field, run up pitch counts over the alotted limits and days rest for the age restrictions, and otherwise cheat any way possible to win games. their poor kids. we want to crush their team tonight, but only because of the coaches.
one of their kids trash talked me the other day, but i don't blame him. ge's got bad influences.
i hope we win.

i can't sleep. got baseball on the brain.

we have a game tonight against a team that has despicable coaches. they yell at their players on the field, run up pitch counts over the alotted limits and days rest for the age restrictions, and otherwise cheat any way possible to win games. their poor kids. we want to crush their team tonight, but only because of the coaches.
one of their kids trash talked me the other day, but i don't blame him. ge's got bad influences.
i hope we win.

Your team has already won Bucky. Congratulations!:LOL:
The kids probably heard that kid trash talk you. I'm sure it was in their minds unacceptable. Kids have a way of settling the score. Yours will do it on the field fair and square. Did the parents of that kid hear that? I'd be embarrassed if I head my son doing something like that. I probably would have taken him home. Washed the uniform, gather up any and all equipment. Take it to the coach. Tell him when you all grow up let me know, until then my son is no longer playing the game.

We once heard after the fact that one of mine gave a game store manager a hard time because he refused to sell my under aged son a game. My husband took him back to the store and thanked the manager for saying no. Had our son apologize to him. No,he still didn't get the game.

When Poo was in Little League, he was the only left hander on his team. So I bought him a left handers glove. One of his coaches was also left handed but didn't have his own glove. So he was always borrowing my son's. As a result my son spent a lot of time on the bench and not able to play without a glove.

One night I went to see one of the games. His coach had Poo's glove and was on the field waiting for the game to start. There was another coach out there with him.They were throwing rocks at each other and using the gloves to block them. I was horrorfied. I went out on the field, asked for my son's mit and told them I thought they were the most horrible examples to be working with children. They need to clean up their language and stop throwing rocks at each other. I never let my son go back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom