What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did another Costco run...yep, cost me more that $60 to get out of there.

I envy your restraint, PF. I can't get out of Costco with less than $#%€ in purchases. Thankfully our nearest one is now 45 minutes away, used to be 3.5 hours.

Trying to decide what to fix for supper. DH keeps checking the fridge, nothing new magically appears.

Last edited:
I just finished putting EVOO, lots of diced garlic, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and crushed red pepper flakes in a glass :)

And I'm waiting to spread it on some French bread.
Whenever the spagetz is done.

Full day, got our daughter all signed up for summer programs this morning, then off to a mamogram. We got a new fairway foods grocery store that just opened up in town a couple of days agao so went & did a little shopping. Once i got home around 3 I was just going to lay down & take a nap. Could not believe it when I woke up it was almost 11 pm! So, guess I will be up for awhile on DC

I didn't buy any clothes today when I was out, I wanted some clothes that were a bit warmer, but I am thinking the will be coming out closer to Winter..I must be feeling the cold more these days

Contemplating the various things I have to do today. Just a weird week. Take my Zumba class, get a hair cut, visit a friend in the hospital. The garage is being re-roofed and for some reason I wound up being the point of contact for that (I do hire a general contractor and he came by yesterday). My doggie for some reason wanted to go out three times, and I hear her coming downstairs now. it is 4 a.m. and I've been up for an hour (yes, I'm an insomniac). I'll go back to sleep for an hour or two before getting up and starting the day anew.

Full day, got our daughter all signed up for summer programs this morning, then off to a mamogram. We got a new fairway foods grocery store that just opened up in town a couple of days agao so went & did a little shopping. Once i got home around 3 I was just going to lay down & take a nap. Could not believe it when I woke up it was almost 11 pm! So, guess I will be up for awhile on DC

That is just one of the side effects of surgery. I am glad your family is letting you sleep through. It sure does mess up your sleep pattern though. The good side is that your body uses that sleep to promote the healing and after in a day or two you begin to notice each time you have a long sleep like that, you are feeling even better. :angel:

Last edited:
Trying to wake up enough to toddle off the work. I bought some plain black water shoes with lots of stretch to wear over that darn toe. Doc says no infection and he is happy with it.

Trying to wake up enough to toddle off the work. I bought some plain black water shoes with lots of stretch to wear over that darn toe. Doc says no infection and he is happy with it.

Not trying to scare anyone but.....

My sister had a problem with her big toe. She wore a pair of socks that the seam across the toes was rubbing and rubbing. She refused to go without socks and didn't have any that wouldn't aggravate her toe. (Stubborn as hell.) Infection, diabetes complications, and she had to have the toe removed. She even fought that event from happening. Within 12 hours of the surgery, sepsis set in and she was gone from us. I blame her, her daughter blames the doctors and hospital. She lives in NJ and wasn't here to see her stubbornness and refusal in allowing them to treat her toe sooner. And since she had been taken off her insulin, she had the great idea that she had been cured of diabetes. Sorry folks, once a diabetic, always a diabetic. If you are going to have complications from diabetes, it is most likely going to start in your feet and with the toes. And usually in your small toe. It is the last place your blood flows to.

But being a nurse I know you know all this. I am always checking my feet. My toes nails grow really slow and I tell Winthrop when I think I need to see the foot doctor, I will let them know, and I do. I just had my six month evaluation and have made an appointment with the foot doctor. Even though I know my feet are fine. It doesn't hurt to have them checked. :angel:

Did I miss something? What's up with your toe?

Had a nail removed permanently, been hobbling for the last two weeks. Since it was still very painful I went in yesterday with fears it was infected...but it's fine. Just really hates being in a shoe...

Not trying to scare anyone but.....

My sister had a problem with her big toe. She wore a pair of socks that the seam across the toes was rubbing and rubbing. She refused to go without socks and didn't have any that wouldn't aggravate her toe. (Stubborn as hell.) Infection, diabetes complications, and she had to have the toe removed. She even fought that event from happening. Within 12 hours of the surgery, sepsis set in and she was gone from us. I blame her, her daughter blames the doctors and hospital. She lives in NJ and wasn't here to see her stubbornness and refusal in allowing them to treat her toe sooner. And since she had been taken off her insulin, she had the great idea that she had been cured of diabetes. Sorry folks, once a diabetic, always a diabetic. If you are going to have complications from diabetes, it is most likely going to start in your feet and with the toes. And usually in your small toe. It is the last place your blood flows to.

But being a nurse I know you know all this. I am always checking my feet. My toes nails grow really slow and I tell Winthrop when I think I need to see the foot doctor, I will let them know, and I do. I just had my six month evaluation and have made an appointment with the foot doctor. Even though I know my feet are fine. It doesn't hurt to have them checked. :angel:

Doc said that his nurse patients are the ones that come in before things get bad. Since he is also the facility podiatrist he has offered to check my toe every other Thursday when he is on-site. I went to him in the first place for a baseline on my feet and he says I have diabetic feet that are at low risk at this time, I plan on keeping it that way.

Back
Top Bottom