What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had a nail removed permanently, been hobbling for the last two weeks. Since it was still very painful I went in yesterday with fears it was infected...but it's fine. Just really hates being in a shoe...

My daughter has had her toenails removed a couple of times. He feet are a mess from wearing stupid fashionable high heels. And then dancing the night away in them. She is now into flats for the rest of her life. Doctors orders. If she wants to keep her toes. :angel:

I am checking DC and email, etc. on my phone. I spilt wine on the keyboard of my main computer, my laptop. Now I'm waiting nervously for it to dry. I figure maybe 12 hours or so. Not happy with this one fingered typing on the phone.

I am checking DC and email, etc. on my phone. I spilt wine on the keyboard of my main computer, my laptop. Now I'm waiting nervously for it to dry. I figure maybe 12 hours or so. Not happy with this one fingered typing on the phone.

Tip it upside down so it all drains out. And then when you think it is really dry, use the hair dryer on low to finish the job. :angel:

Sadly, wine will dry sticky and may well gum up the keys. Good luck.

P.S. running the keyboard through dishwasher doesn't work.

Tip it upside down so it all drains out. And then when you think it is really dry, use the hair dryer on low to finish the job. :angel:

Stirling, my personal computer geek, says not to tilt it at all, so the wine won't get to places it hasn't gotten to yet.

I watched a friend pop the keys off her keyboard, then she was able to wipe it and the keys clean. How she remembered where to replace all those keys, I have no idea.

I watched a friend pop the keys off her keyboard, then she was able to wipe it and the keys clean. How she remembered where to replace all those keys, I have no idea.

I could take a photo of the keyboard. But, it's a "chiclet" keyboard and the keys aren't easy to pop. I have no idea how to reattach them. :(

I could take a photo of the keyboard. But, it's a "chiclet" keyboard and the keys aren't easy to pop. I have no idea how to reattach them. :(

They actualy snap right back into place. They have a spring over a post that is attached to the base and the key itself has a hole that fits right over that spring. I have done that on my regular computer. I take rubbing alcohol with a Q Tip and clean the sides of my keys often. The alcohol evaporates almost instantly. I very rarely have liquids around my computer. And if I do, it is a solid base container like a cup. My problem is with ashes from both me and Spike. I recently cleaned them and the keyboard looks like new. Every so often I tip the board over and shake it like mad. Ashes fall out like you wouldn't believe. I never eat at the computer. I do have two test strips that have fallen down under the keys. :angel:

This morning I am going over to mums to colour her hair for her as she has decided to stop going to the hairdressers as it is costing her a fortune!

I will be doing it every month for her now :)

When cleaning keyboards or anything that requires fussing around with the keyboard, Word is your friend. It doesn't care what you press or how many times :)

I am sitting here researching a purchase I am probably going to make. Actually, I'm probably going to try to trade for what I want. I have two likely candidates in mind.
I attribute my Google skills to the DC pic game we used to play all the time. I can find just about any information I want online now. Especially because most of want I want to see is in picture form.

Dh working late again. The daughter & I just finished a frozen pizza, now I will get entertained listening to her practice piano.

almost every keyboard that i've ever worked on over the oast 30 years has a trick to be able to pull off the keycap.

of the literally hundreds of different kinds, less than a single handful have have sealed keycap switch combinations that have to be soldered out and a replacement in. and they wrre on now ancient, proprietary keyboards, or more recently really cheap chinese crapola.

the real bitch is after pulling all of those keycaps, remembering where each one goes back. lol.

yeah, qwertyuiop is easy, but can you quote the slashes, brackets, dots, and so on?

Last edited:
Just got back from colouring mums hair...I also did a bit of grocery shopping at 2 different supermarkets, lots of specials today :)

almost every keyboard that i've ever worked on over the oast 30 years has a trick to be able to pull off the keycap.

of the literally hundreds of different kinds, less than a single handful have have sealed keycap switch combinations that have to be soldered out and a replacement in. and they wrre on now ancient, proprietary keyboards, or more recently really cheap chinese crapola.

the real bitch is after pulling all of those keycaps, remembering where each one goes back. lol.

yeah, qwertyuiop is easy, but can you quote the slashes, brackets, dots, and so on?

If you studied touch typing in school before computers you know where all the keys go. When we were doing typing drills, we had to call outloud the keys we were touching. It all starts with the home row. Those dang drills have stayed in my head all these years. :angel:

If you studied touch typing in school before computers you know where all the keys go. When we were doing typing drills, we had to call outloud the keys we were touching. It all starts with the home row. Those dang drills have stayed in my head all these years. :angel:

As BT wrote, the letters are easy, it's the other stuff that's hard. I took typing in school. The typewriter didn't even have a "1", you used a lower case "l". It certainly didn't have { or [ or Alt, Ctrl, or AltGr.

As BT wrote, the letters are easy, it's the other stuff that's hard. I took typing in school. The typewriter didn't even have a "1", you used a lower case "l". It certainly didn't have { or [ or Alt, Ctrl, or AltGr.

I checked on a key I don't use...yes the keys on a laptop do come off and snap back on. Take a pic of the keys in place, remove keys, clean and replace once it has air dried making sure they match the picture.

Back
Top Bottom