"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-06-2011, 04:25 PM   #531
Certified Cake Maniac

Getting up the energy to go do the shopping that I have been needing to do since Saturday! I would much rather do what the rest of the household is doing right now....take a nap!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:34 PM   #532
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Winding down. Interviewed a new Doctor today. She is great and she is glad to have a patient who knows what they want and is not afraid to ask for it. I'm off the Metformin and on Victoza, it's what I wanted to begin with. Now maybe I can see some good results with my blood sugars.

Old 12-06-2011, 10:39 PM   #533
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Honey, have you never seen a beaver pelt? They're BROWN!
Made me think of this for some reason

Old 12-06-2011, 10:48 PM   #534
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60
Winding down. Interviewed a new Doctor today. She is great and she is glad to have a patient who knows what they want and is not afraid to ask for it. I'm off the Metformin and on Victoza, it's what I wanted to begin with. Now maybe I can see some good results with my blood sugars.
Yes!

Anxiously awaiting pics of the nephew, PF!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:49 PM   #535
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Sitting here with a cup of coffee telling myself I will not take a pain pill,I won't i won't ,i won't. Darn this arm and the ache.When does this end?
kades
My son who is a Physician Assistant told me that it is very difficult to become addicted to pain medication when you are in real pain. I believe him, but I am still hesitant to take pain meds when I really need them for my hip and spine. I keep trying to work through the pain, but eventually end up taking at least half the prescribed dose.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:52 PM   #536
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Yes!

Anxiously awaiting pics of the nephew, PF!
T'will be tomorrow...he stayed home today because we had meetings in which he would NOT be the star of the show. No meetings tomorrow and we can play all day!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:55 PM   #537
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I'm off the Metformin and on Victoza, it's what I wanted to begin with. Now maybe I can see some good results with my blood sugars.
I was waking up in the middle of the night with very high spikes in my sugar. Went on Metformin and it solved the problem. But once the job was taken care of I started to become sick from them and was taken off them immediately. Haven't needed them since. Great drug when you need it. But once the problem has been solved, not so great.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:58 PM   #538
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My son who is a Physician Assistant told me that it is very difficult to become addicted to pain medication when you are in real pain. I believe him, but I am still hesitant to take pain meds when I really need them for my hip and spine. I keep trying to work through the pain, but eventually end up taking at least half the prescribed dose.
Take that half pill, when your pain is at 4 out of 10. It has to work harder to ease your pain if you keep letting it gang on you. You are actually hurting yourself more and making the pain worse by trying to work through it. Pain makes you stand, sit and walk in an abnormal posture. I know, you don't know me, but I am an RN and work with our wonderful elderly and watch them daily trying to NOT take pain meds...breaks my heart when I know it would do them only good. Good Luck, Addie!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #539
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I was waking up in the middle of the night with very high spikes in my sugar. Went on Metformin and it solved the problem. But once the job was taken care of I started to become sick from them and was taken off them immediately. Haven't needed them since. Great drug when you need it. But once the problem has been solved, not so great.
Victoza is actually considered to be the best starter for those newly diagnosed, we just need to convince most Doctors now. I'm glad I was able to pick an MD who thinks the same as I do. I've been borderline for so long, treating with diet. With no changes in my diet, I tipped over the line...rats!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:18 PM   #540
Chef Extraordinaire

I have been trying to catch up with three days postings. Went into the hospital Saturday night. Came home today. Felt lousy all day after shopping. So I still had and have groceries to put away. But I would rather sit here with friends. Did go down to the Community Room for our regular Tuesday Night tea party. I was going to do a load of laundry. That is waiting for my attention also. As Scarlet would say, "There is always tomorrow."

For Christmas, with 17 grandchildren (6 of them great gk's.) I stopped giving presents. Give to one, you have to give to all. And I no longer cook a big meal for the holidays. I let the kids do it and invite me to eat. And I then let the presents roll in just for me.