What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Munky, we have a recycle program here in Boston that can drive a person right over the edge. Empty cans, bottles, etc. have to be washed before the recycle truck will pick them up! Huh? Are they going to look through each container and check to see if they are clean?

We also have to get a sticker from the city if we wish to toss out an electronic equipment. Included the mouse of your computer. I just put mine in a kitchen bag, tie it up tight and then put it in a large green bag. And in this building there is no way they can know who tossed it out. Some cities here charge you to put out large items for pickup. Sometimes you just can't win. So I refused to fight the war. :angel:

Munky, we have a recycle program here in Boston that can drive a person right over the edge. Empty cans, bottles, etc. have to be washed before the recycle truck will pick them up! Huh? Are they going to look through each container and check to see if they are clean?

We also have to get a sticker from the city if we wish to toss out an electronic equipment. Included the mouse of your computer. I just put mine in a kitchen bag, tie it up tight and then put it in a large green bag. And in this building there is no way they can know who tossed it out. Some cities here charge you to put out large items for pickup. Sometimes you just can't win. So I refused to fight the war. :angel:

I throw my old pills out with the dog poop, sans container so you probably couldn't even tell what it is. Let em try and salvage those!

I'm on my way to have my annual mammogram. (Squeeeeish!)

Please, please remember to do this, for yourself and your families. Besides, why should I have all the fun. =o)

I checked on a key I don't use...yes the keys on a laptop do come off and snap back on. Take a pic of the keys in place, remove keys, clean and replace once it has air dried making sure they match the picture.

Actually, it depends on the type of laptop keyboard. I could pop the keys on a previous laptop, but this one had "Chicklet" keys and they aren't easy to pop or to reattach (I asked).

However, the question is moot because "It's dead Jim."

I went to look for a new laptop today (it will be my birthday pressie). There's a new gotcha - the keys on the numeric key pad were too narrow on all the reasonably priced laptops. They were only full sized on games machines. Since I enter lots of numbers by touch typing them, this is a big deal to me.

Last edited:
Actually, it depends on the type of laptop keyboard. I could pop the keys on a previous laptop, but this one had "Chicklet" keys and they aren't easy to pop or to reattach (I asked).

However, the question is moot because "It's dead Jim."

I went to look for a new laptop today (it will be my birthday pressie). There's a new gotcha - the keys on the numeric key pad were too narrow on all the reasonably priced laptops. They were only full sized on games machines. Since I enter lots of numbers by touch typing them, this is a big deal to me.

Oh no, RIP keyboard of Taxlady. I was afraid that would happen. :(

That's certainly a big concern, TL.
You've gotta hit those numbers without looking, although you would probably get used to a new one.

I'm on my way to have my annual mammogram. (Squeeeeish!)

Please, please remember to do this, for yourself and your families. Besides, why should I have all the fun. =o)

Mammograms ladies!!! Get it done! I get a set every year for my Birthday! The first one I ever had found that bugger and we took care of it. Save the Ta-Tas!!!!!!!

And fellas...save a life, Grope your Wife!!!

That's certainly a big concern, TL.
You've gotta hit those numbers without looking, although you would probably get used to a new one.
I'm looking elsewhere to see if I can get a decently priced laptop with a decent numeric keypad. I bet the guys who came up with that clever idea don't "touch type" their numbers. Stirling bought a new laptop about a year ago and his has full sized keys.

I was wondering why gamers would want full sized numeric keys, but Stirling pointed out that the numeric key pad is often used for going left or right, etc. in games.

I'm old enough that I don't want to have to learn this again.

TL why do you use a laptop as to a desk computer? I hate using a laptop. I hate their mouse and the feel of the keys. I guess it is what you are used to. Sorry about your LT. Here's hoping you find just what you are looking for at a really great price. Have fun installing all your software AGAIN! :angel:

I'm looking elsewhere to see if I can get a decently priced laptop with a decent numeric keypad. I bet the guys who came up with that clever idea don't "touch type" their numbers. Stirling bought a new laptop about a year ago and his has full sized keys.

I was wondering why gamers would want full sized numeric keys, but Stirling pointed out that the numeric key pad is often used for going left or right, etc. in games.

I'm old enough that I don't want to have to learn this again.

That's a skill I had to develop right out of college when we had 10-key desktop "adding machines" at my first job.

You have to have ten key pad on your computer. There may not be enough demand for what you want so stores don't display it. Check online at the computer manufacturers' websites.

That's a skill I had to develop right out of college when we had 10-key desktop "adding machines" at my first job.

You have to have ten key pad on your computer. There may not be enough demand for what you want so stores don't display it. Check online at the computer manufacturers' websites.

Gee Andy, in HS I took the Secretarial Course and one of the classes was Office Machines. I remember them. We were timed on how fast we could key in the numbers as the teacher called them out. I had typing in the ninth grade. Then I changed schools and you started typing in the tenth grade. So I already knew my keyboard and had my speed of 65 wpm. As a result I got to take Office Machines twice a day. Got my speed and accuracy up there really fast as my fingers were already flying from the typewriter. Plus having taken piano lessons over the years didn't hurt either. :angel:

I have already started looking online. I suspect that the guys who came up with this brilliant idea don't really use the numeric keypad. But, even my computer geek husband uses the numeric keypad without looking and touch types.

TL why do you use a laptop as to a desk computer? I hate using a laptop. I hate their mouse and the feel of the keys. I guess it is what you are used to. Sorry about your LT. Here's hoping you find just what you are looking for at a really great price. Have fun installing all your software AGAIN! :angel:
I have a desk top computer in my office. I'm using it right now. I use the laptop in the living room, where I can sit comfortably on the sofa. I also use the laptop at the homes and offices of clients. The laptop was newer than the desktop machine and more powerful. Laptops have come a long way.

I don't even bother with the mouse. I just use the touch pad. If I wanted to use a mouse, I could buy one that I liked.

Taxy, you could also just get a keyboard with a number pad you like, and just plug it into the laptop.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have just the number pad available by now.

have you given any thought to a color for your computer, taxy? your grounds look lovely laced in purples and lavenders. i mean, once you've dealt with the numeric keypad issue and all...just sayin' :)

First day back to work for me today after 30 days off. I only worked 5 hours with 2 breaks. It felt good to get back to work, slow going though.

I'm ready to go out & do something tonight. Dh is so exhausted after working 30, 16 hour days in a row, he is so exhausted. I'm feeling guilty so maybe I should cook.

Back
Top Bottom