What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello guys :)

I have not been up for long, bit of a sleep in this morning!

It is the last day of a mini warm wave of weather we have had over the last 5 days....temps all at about 30c...very strange for Autumn, been a bit warm overnight trying to sleep etc

It is Mothers Day here tomorrow, so today I am making a Classic Baked Cheesecake for dessert tomorrow, should be wonderful :)

Time for some breakfast now!

Good for you. Don't give up on that shoulder. What did you do in the first place that required you to have surgery? :angel:

Thanks Ads :)

I think it was caused by the job I had at the time, lots of repetitive movements with my left arm over a 2 year period. I just woke up one morning and couldnt go to work as I couldnt move my arm at all :ohmy: It all started with a frozen shoulder

Taxy, you could also just get a keyboard with a number pad you like, and just plug it into the laptop.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have just the number pad available by now.
Yes, they do have numeric keypads that attach with USB. I actually bought a separate numeric keypad for my first laptop, back in 1995.

But, I don't want a separate one. That's what the guy at the store suggested. I don't like having to have something off to the side of the 'puter all the time. I don't even use a mouse because of that. I don't want things dangling every time I move the 'puter.

dangling things can be intriguing though, like a dangling thread, f'rinstance. whereas, a hanging thread is pretty much a hopeless thing. now, a thread about hanging things, on the other hand....:)

Yes, they do have numeric keypads that attach with USB. I actually bought a separate numeric keypad for my first laptop, back in 1995.

But, I don't want a separate one. That's what the guy at the store suggested. I don't like having to have something off to the side of the 'puter all the time. I don't even use a mouse because of that. I don't want things dangling every time I move the 'puter.
If your keypad and mouse are attached via a dongle they do not dangle.
My only problem with my dongle attached numeric keypad is that it does not have keys for +/- and 1/x.

Last edited:
Mothers Day here today :)

Mum will be here for lunch in 2.5 hours, so I will have to make the garlic bread soon and do the prep for lunch

all i can say is splurge and go wireless: mouse, keyboard, audio, internet, etc..
in america, you can write them off as a business expense, then depreciate their value as further in later years.

not sure how canucks do that.
how many pucks can you write off lost in a spring thaw?

Mum came over today for a nice lunch to celebrate Mothers Day..we all really enjoyed all the lovely food we made and a nice bottle of white wine :)

Mum left about an hour ago with all her presents and we have just been on the recliners, snuggled up under a quilt watching TV, it is raining too and quite cold...lovely :)

First day back to work for me today after 30 days off. I only worked 5 hours with 2 breaks. It felt good to get back to work, slow going though.

I'm ready to go out & do something tonight. Dh is so exhausted after working 30, 16 hour days in a row, he is so exhausted. I'm feeling guilty so maybe I should cook.

If you feel up to it after working, try to pamper him for a change. A nice back rub will do wonders for his exhaustion. And it sure won't hurt your marriage and relationship. Concentrate on the shoulders and the back of his neck. That is where the tension builds up. Don't be surprised if he falls asleep in the middle of it. A hot shower (maybe for the two of you together) and then a back rub for him.

Just a thought. Would it make it easier for him if you showed up at his busiest time and then put in your five hours? Don't make the mistake of pushing yourself too hard. You still need time to get back to your regular hours. I am glad that you took those two breaks. They will be needed for a month or two, regardless of how good you feel. I am so happy to hear that you are doing well and taking it slow. Keep up the good work. :angel:

Thanks Ads :)

I think it was caused by the job I had at the time, lots of repetitive movements with my left arm over a 2 year period. I just woke up one morning and couldnt go to work as I couldnt move my arm at all :ohmy: It all started with a frozen shoulder

Cashiers, accountants, and folks who use just one part of their body for a long period of time run into that problem. Folks who work with figures all day long on a keypad damage their fingers and wrist. Cashiers damage their wrists because of the constant waving the bar code over the reader. And it usually their right wrist. Repetitive work damage to the body is a very serious problem in the working world. :angel:

Hunh? Does it clip on to the side of the computer?
A dongle is a miniature USB radio receiver, about 1/8 the length of a flash drive. I have a Logitech mouse and numeric keypad which communicate with my laptop through a single dongle. Because both the mouse and numeric keypad each have an on / off switch, I can turn off these devices when the laptop is not in use. Consequently, I have not yet had to replace the single AA cell battery that has powered each of them since March 2011.

The little town I live in has 5 museums that are all open free to local residents every Sunday. I have been concentrating on one, an architecturally significant house/museum that my builder recommended I study, and today I will move onto a different museum.

The little town I live in has 5 museums that are all open free to local residents every Sunday. I have been concentrating on one, an architecturally significant house/museum that my builder recommended I study, and today I will move onto a different museum.

oh well, my builder seems to be working today so I think it is in my best interest to stay home and be available to answer his questions...ground breaking is predicted to be in 2 to 3 weeks..

I love to go to museums too. My DH had never been to one but this year when we were in Denver, Co. he reluctantly went in to the Denver Art Museum with the rest of us. Well, he loved it, it was hard to get him to leave.

I'm sitting here watching the Red Sox while SO is out working in her garden. I hope she is never forced to decide between her garden and me. I'd be the loser. She really loves working out there. As a result, her Mothers Day gift was easy. I bought her a hydrangea bush. It's one of her favorites.

I have not been up long and it is really cold here this morning :)

I have got a few things to get from the shops, then going to drop by and see mum, then the rest of the day relaxing at home, lovely cold day to do so :)

A dongle is a miniature USB radio receiver, about 1/8 the length of a flash drive. I have a Logitech mouse and numeric keypad which communicate with my laptop through a single dongle. Because both the mouse and numeric keypad each have an on / off switch, I can turn off these devices when the laptop is not in use. Consequently, I have not yet had to replace the single AA cell battery that has powered each of them since March 2011.

But, I don't understand why that doesn't dangle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom