What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds great! When you are fully reclined and the doorbell rings, you'll be painfully aware of how long it takes to get out of the recliner.

No problem .. we got that covered .. ordered up a sign for the front door that says by appointment only unless you have bacon :LOL:

This is not the color we have coming .. our color is a creamy coffee color. You can see how nicely it reclines when fully extended, and the loveseat picture shows how incremental it will go ... it's so comfy !

img_1266945_0_278eeb1ba341c6b74d530b062e8a973f.jpg

No problem .. we got that covered .. ordered up a sign for the front door that says by appointment only unless you have bacon :LOL:

This is not the color we have coming .. our color is a creamy coffee color. You can see how nicely it reclines when fully extended, and the loveseat picture shows how incremental it will go ... it's so comfy !

That looks soooo comfortable! Nice, MrsLMB!

I took mum to the doctors this afternoon and went in with her. Her ankle had really swollen and the doctor said that she has a strained ligament, so he bandaged it up and told her to take some Mobic to get the inflammation down. If it is still sore and swollen by Friday he will set up some x-rays in case it is the bone

Nice recliner. I'll bring the bacon.

I'm putting a new hard drive in my work computer. I noticed a Win 7 disc came with it, so I'm installing Win 7 instead of XP Pro. I'm hoping it will fix my "windows compatibilty issue" that I have here on that pc.
I'm guessing I'm at 25% installed now... I hate waiting for that stuff. You never know when to be there to press Enter or not.

I took mum to the doctors this afternoon and went in with her. Her ankle had really swollen and the doctor said that she has a strained ligament, so he bandaged it up and told her to take some Mobic to get the inflammation down. If it is still sore and swollen by Friday he will set up some x-rays in case it is the bone

i hope your mum's ankle is not broken, and begins to feel better real soon, kylie. i'm curious to know the reason for the wait on the x-rays. in the u.s. x-rays would be taken immediately in most cases where a fracture is suspected as a possibility.

Hi, Vit. I think it's actually a better practice to wait for an x-ray, unless the doctor can feel or see an obvious break. I fell in January and went the next day to an urgent care center, where the doctor did an x-ray. He said it was strained ligaments because the x-ray didn't show a break. A week or so later I was in my regular doctor's office for another reason and told him my foot still hurt and was swollen. He ordered another x-ray, which showed a tiny hairline fracture. Turns out, many times, a small fracture doesn't show up till you've walked on it for a while. The treatment was no different - one of those "boot" things that keeps your foot from flexing. So it might make sense to hold off on the x-ray if it's not obviously broken during the initial visit.

Just a guess :) Kylie may have a different explanation. But that's one of those things that increases the cost of health care - too much possibly unnecessary testing.

wistfully reading about recliners, for two reasons. I brought out some very comfortable living room furniture from Ohio, but of course it is in my storage unit:mad:. My furnished tiny apartment has a small table with two wooden chairs, one of which I am currently occupying. I just returned from my weekly Tuesday morning hike with a group of women. It was a very strenuous hike and a comfortable chair would be heaven. Think I am heading for the bed and a nap.

wistfully reading about recliners, for two reasons. I brought out some very comfortable living room furniture from Ohio, but of course it is in my storage unit:mad:. My furnished tiny apartment has a small table with two wooden chairs, one of which I am currently occupying. I just returned from my weekly Tuesday morning hike with a group of women. It was a very strenuous hike and a comfortable chair would be heaven. Think I am heading for the bed and a nap.

I have a studio apartment. And my youngest son bought me a chair with just enough seat depth so that my feet hit the floor. But always thinking of his mom, he also bought me the footstool. But my apartment is just big enough that I too have a table with two dropleafs and when completely closed, the table is only ten inches wide. The support legs swing from closed to support one or both leaves. It is an old Colonial design. :angel:

Hi, Vit. I think it's actually a better practice to wait for an x-ray, unless the doctor can feel or see an obvious break. I fell in January and went the next day to an urgent care center, where the doctor did an x-ray. He said it was strained ligaments because the x-ray didn't show a break. A week or so later I was in my regular doctor's office for another reason and told him my foot still hurt and was swollen. He ordered another x-ray, which showed a tiny hairline fracture. Turns out, many times, a small fracture doesn't show up till you've walked on it for a while. The treatment was no different - one of those "boot" things that keeps your foot from flexing. So it might make sense to hold off on the x-ray if it's not obviously broken during the initial visit.

Just a guess :) Kylie may have a different explanation. But that's one of those things that increases the cost of health care - too much possibly unnecessary testing.

excessive and unnecessary lab testing is what I had in mind when I asked this question, gg. I believe our doctor's and hospital's fear of patient law suits account, at least in part, for a widespread practice of over-testing and costly duplication of medical procedures in this country.

Last edited:
i hope your mum's ankle is not broken, and begins to feel better real soon, kylie. i'm curious to know the reason for the wait on the x-rays. in the u.s. x-rays would be taken immediately in most cases where a fracture is suspected as a possibility.

Thanks V :)

The doctors here seem to like to wait and see how it goes, as he felt around the whole ankle and couldnt feel a break or anything in the bone, so like GG said, probably just waiting to see and then x-rays are done if necessary :)

I have phoned mum this morning and she said the swelling has gone down a fair bit and it feels a bit better, she took a Mobic tablet last night so that would certainly have helped :)

most bones don't brake cleanly, and any trauma of a bone will cause tremendous swelling that a manual examination is useless.

only an x-ray can help. waiting for a better time to do one has no merit. unless she's had a few x-rays in the past year, then there's no concern about it for any reason.

good luck with your mum, kylie.

Kylie, I totally agree with Bucky. The other day I had a heavy box fall onto my wrist, which is already weak from arthritis and fibromyalgia, and it went all the way backwards. We went to the ER and they immediately did x-rays. It was twisted and the bone was bruised. I would make sure they do x-rays ASAP.

What am I doing? Enjoying a little down time in my favourite place. I will be sure to pop in as much as I can. Love to you all.

Thanks guys :)

I phoned mum tonight and she said the swelling has gone down somewhat and it doesnt feel "as" sore as yesterday, I have suggested though that she may still want to get it x-rayed though if it is still swollen at all tomorrow

:mad: :wacko: You know those farm fresh eggs my youngest son Poo is supposed to bring me? Well I am still waiting. I got my new saute pan to make scrambled eggs. But no eggs.

So I sent him a picture of some Fabrege Eggs and told him if he couldn't get me farm fresh ones, a dozen of those would do very nicely. :angel:

On another note about the x ray thing...sometimes there is too much swelling to see if there is a break or not. Casting while swollen is a big no no as well. My eldest smushed up her ankle pretty badly sliding into second (safe though!) and we had to wait several days to get a definitive x ray.

Healing thoughts Kylie!

We have a children's museum here where parents can let their kids run free once you go through the front door. It is not a daycare, they actually learn things according to their age. As a girl scout myself, we used to go there. And right next door is the transportation museum for Dad. Well, the whole family. But Dad goes crazy when he sees the 1800's cars. :angel:
Sounds like a fun museum. I woder if the 15 year old age group is included? We take a summer vacation every year. We close the cafe for 10 days & just go somewhere. This year with all of our mounting medical bills we have to stay a little closer to home, Omaha Ne this year, still need to check out some museums in the area. I've always wanted to go to Salem to see the witchcraft museums. It would be interesting to start a thread on what each state has to offer for museums. Anyone else game? :angel::angel:

Sounds like a fun museum. I wonder if the 15 year old age group is included? We take a summer vacation every year. We close the cafe for 10 days & just go somewhere. This year with all of our mounting medical bills we have to stay a little closer to home, Omaha Ne this year, still need to check out some museums in the area. I've always wanted to go to Salem to see the witchcraft museums. It would be interesting to start a thread on what each state has to offer for museums. Anyone else game? :angel::angel:

The City of Salem has an official witch. She wanders the streets during the day. The do have a witch museum. The official seal of the city is a witch riding her broom. You see it on all the signs. Even on the sides of the police cars. I think your daughter would love Salem. It is a very old city and has some 1800 homes of whaling captains. Absolutely beautiful. They also have a park that offers swimming and all kinds of activities,. My sister and I would get some to go lunch and go sit down by the pier. You could almost imagine the whaling ships tied up there. Lots of antique shops. There is also a shipyard where they build wooden boats.

Salem also has an Iron Works museum. In front of the 1600 house, they have a garden planted with the wild herbs that the Pilgrims used. There are labels telling you what the wild herb is. I told my sister one time that instead of pulling the weeds out in her garden in front of her house, just label them.

My youngest son is now working at Boston University School of Medicine but lives forty-five minutes away. So they are talking about selling their home and moving to Salem. He lived there before and loved it. :angel:

The City of Salem has an official witch. She wanders the streets during the day. The do have a witch museum. The official seal of the city is a witch riding her broom. You see it on all the signs. Even on the sides of the police cars. I think your daughter would love Salem. It is a very old city and has some 1800 homes of whaling captains. Absolutely beautiful. They also have a park that offers swimming and all kinds of activities,. My sister and I would get some to go lunch and go sit down by the pier. You could almost imagine the whaling ships tied up there. Lots of antique shops. There is also a shipyard where they build wooden boats.

Salem also has an Iron Works museum. In front of the 1600 house, they have a garden planted with the wild herbs that the Pilgrims used. There are labels telling you what the wild herb is. I told my sister one time that instead of pulling the weeds out in her garden in front of her house, just label them.

My youngest son is now working at Boston University School of Medicine but lives forty-five minutes away. So they are talking about selling their home and moving to Salem. He lived there before and loved it. :angel:
Sounds like a great place to take a vacation, maybe next summer.Airfare isn't affordable for us this year with all of the extra medical bills. Sounds fun though, thanks for sharing!:angel:

Back
Top Bottom