"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #5431
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
glad to hear your glenn is on the mend, kth.

only 10 carats? did donald trump stop by?

i just finished losing a game of war (the card game) with my family. it was my boy's first homework assignment of the new school year. well, to be specific, he was supposed to play a game with his family as his assignment, to promote family unity.

i sure hope tomorrow's assignment is texas hold'em. papa needs a new pair of shoes...
bt what are you teaching your lovely child?

No, DT did not stop by. My son did. He works for a jeweler. If you could see him and know what he does for the jeweler, you wouldn't believe your eyes. If you were in a jewelry store and saw him walk in, you would think he was there to rob the place. He looks so ratty, that when a customer does come in, he has to hide. Dirty paint covered overalls, torn sneakers, long hair, beard. Would you trust someone looking like that to wait on you?

Old 09-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #5432
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Thank you ladies! It is a good stress reducer, specially with my heart tests tomorrow and Friday. I am working on a cupcake one right now (of course, there has to be a cake reference)
I hope your heart tests go well tomorrow LP

Old 09-06-2012, 03:59 AM   #5433
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
No heart problems in my immediate family. I am unique
You are Fiona

We do in my family, sadly my dad passed away at 58, he had many heart attacks
Old 09-06-2012, 04:20 AM   #5434
Chef Extraordinaire

Heart/heart related diseases are our family's choice for illness. My maternal grandmother died of a stroke. A year later her husband had a heart attack. My mother and all her siblings died of heart related diseases. And now my generation also. Me, my sisters, all my cousins. I am the last of my generation still alive. I am the only one alive from both sides of my family. All my aunts, cousins, uncles, etc. are gone. And all from heart disease.

My son started his generation and my daughter is following in the same footprints. The next generation (fourth one) is heading that way also. Diabetes is rampant among all of the family. Anytime there is more than three of us together, the conversation comes around to what our sugar readings were that morning. I don't think I will be alive to see the cycle broken.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #5435
Everymom

Its a beautiful sunny day out there. I've just finished my breakfast of leftover spaghetti and am now enjoying my coffee. Mmmmm, what a combo! I've cruised through BAR and now I'm zipping through here before I get off my duff and do some work around here. I've promised myself if I get the house spiffed up and have enough time I can go sit on the patio and read a bit before I leave for work.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #5436
Certified Cake Maniac

So here I am at the hospital. They said to only have some fruit or toast with my pills before I came. Then I get an injection andam told to go to the cafe and have a fatty muffin with lots of butter. This is after being told to go on the same low cholesterol diet as DH. It apparently helps the pictures. Anyway I picked a carrot zucchini muffin and it tasted great! Tomorrow I will try the blueberry!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:48 AM   #5437
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper
For the record, my dog that models for me is Cooper. Maddy is also my dog, but she doesn't like to wear anything but her own fur, and Cooper's spit if they have been playing. Bailey is my grand-dog, and he is a chihuahua. He wouldn't wear any hats or masks or anything. . ..
Sorry Chopper, I meant Cooper. Someone else around here also has a Bailey, I thought.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #5438
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
So here I am at the hospital. They said to only have some fruit or toast with my pills before I came. Then I get an injection andam told to go to the cafe and have a fatty muffin with lots of butter. This is after being told to go on the same low cholesterol diet as DH. It apparently helps the pictures. Anyway I picked a carrot zucchini muffin and it tasted great! Tomorrow I will try the blueberry!
Don't you just love it when they give you permission to be naughty?
Old 09-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #5439
Chef Extraordinaire

I just took a ride on my scooter to the store to buy a new comb. The three I have now, have a lot of teeth missing. The world was out to get me and my scooter. No matter which side of the street I was on, there was some sort of construction going on and I had to go out into traffic to get around it. The cop at one site wasn't too happy with me. I made him do his job. He had to stop traffic until I could safely get back on the sidewalk. Then when I got back I went downstairs to vote. Voting has been very light today. It should pick up around five tonight when folks get out of work. I really want to go outside again. It is not too hot. Overcast and just cool enough to enjoy it.

What I really need to do is get out in the kitchen and clean it up. Not much to do, but it looks awful. If your kitchen looks dirty, the rest of your home does also. The same with an unmade bed. It can make the bedroom look like a disaster hit it.
Old 09-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #5440
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

No. I just remembered. All telephone lines in this state, even if there is no service to it, anyone can plug in a phone and call 911. I can walk into an abandoned building that is half falling down, and the phone jack will have a dial tone for 911 calls. Even pay phones (you remember them, don't you?) allow a 911 call without depositing or charging any money. So I will still be able to make a 911 call from a land line phone. (Thanks for the memory jog.)
I think that it is that way most everywhere now, if the jack is hooked into the phone grid than it has to be accessable to 911.

I haven't had a land line in almost 10 years and don't miss it at all. It's nice to have one number that goes with me when I travel.

http://bakingbetter.com
bakechef is offline   Reply With Quote