"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-06-2011, 11:25 PM   #541
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Pain makes you stand, sit and walk in an abnormal posture. I know, you don't know me, but I am an RN and work with our wonderful elderly and watch them daily trying to NOT take pain meds...breaks my heart when I know it would do them only good. Good Luck, Addie!
I did give in tonight. I have arthritis in my hips and spine. I have finally decided that at my age, I don't need to have pain and since I came home from the hospital today, I have been taking the Vicodin like it has been prescribed for me. Two pills three time a day. I can get more accomplished when I do things right. Now I just need a magic pill to get past my lazy streak and stubbornness.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:27 PM   #542
Cook

Addie - you're circumstances are the same as my MIL - 8 wonderful kids, 17 amazing grandkids and 6 truly great grandkids ... I wish she was as able as you! I miss her advice and input. Probably TMI - but I don't believe in co-incidences.

Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #543
Cook

Princess is right - please make yourself comfortable - you deserve it. I don't know you either, but one word or act of kindness is what I'm hoping for - so I'm long-winded and don't have only ONE word - maybe we can start a new thread?
Old 12-06-2011, 11:38 PM   #544
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I did give in tonight. I have arthritis in my hips and spine. I have finally decided that at my age, I don't need to have pain and since I came home from the hospital today, I have been taking the Vicodin like it has been prescribed for me. Two pills three time a day. I can get more accomplished when I do things right. Now I just need a magic pill to get past my lazy streak and stubbornness.
Don't make me go all Rehab nurse on you! A little more every day, just take it easy, you've earned some downtime. Then when the pain seems to be a bit under control, take just one three times a day. Baby Steps!
Old 12-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #545
Cook

Quote:
Don't make me go all Rehab nurse on you! A little more every day, just take it easy, you've earned some downtime. Then when the pain seems to be a bit under control, take just one three times a day. Baby Steps!
Right you are Princess -I got too excited with the similar circumstances - take your medical team's advice first.
Old 12-07-2011, 02:42 AM   #546
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Every year I make the same resolution. Not to make any resolution. And I always keep it right through the year. This year I am going to make a new one. "Not to be so dang stubborn" My husband told me once that he never met anyone as stubborn as me.

Here it is 2:30 Wednesday. I have been up since 4:15 Tuesday morning. Why? Stubbornness. There was nothing I had to do that couldn't have waited until tomorrow. But that stubborn streak raised it ugly head. I just had to debone those chicken thighs and get them into the freezer. Do all the trash. Change my sheets on the bed. Do a load of whites. And a few more chores that I felt just couldn't wait. I am now so overtired, that I will have to shut off all the lights and the TV. I usually put the TV on sleep and go to sleep while it is still on. So starting right now, I am going to work on my streak of stubbornness and say "Good Night friends." The first thing I am going to work on is try to get on a regular schedule and stop pushing myself so hard. Ther is still more work I could have done, but it all can wait until tomorrow.l
Old 12-07-2011, 03:01 AM   #547
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
T'will be tomorrow...he stayed home today because we had meetings in which he would NOT be the star of the show. No meetings tomorrow and we can play all day!
Reminds me of Monday when I took Dad to his Falls Prevention clinic. It is held at an assisted living complex and when we came out there was a woman walking her little poodle outside. I asked if she would mind showing the dog to Dad because it had (though much smaller) the exact face of his beloved poodle whom he had to put down five years ago because at 18 she was just not well any more. The lady said she was so glad that Dad had two knew dogs to love (our Violet and Joie) and that she brings the dog every day to see her husband, but all the residents and staff adore "Benjamin" and he soaks up all the attention!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:05 AM   #548
Chef Extraordinaire

oh, so you're slacking off, eh addie????

just kidding. g'night.

even though i feel like crapola, all of the talk about hot dogs recently has me in my truck, ready to go to gray's papaya on 72nd for a couple o' dogs with kraut and mustard.

curse you, tasty wieners...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #549
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Every year I make the same resolution. Not to make any resolution. And I always keep it right through the year. This year I am going to make a new one. "Not to be so dang stubborn" My husband told me once that he never met anyone as stubborn as me.

Here it is 2:30 Wednesday. I have been up since 4:15 Tuesday morning. Why? Stubbornness. There was nothing I had to do that couldn't have waited until tomorrow. But that stubborn streak raised it ugly head. I just had to debone those chicken thighs and get them into the freezer. Do all the trash. Change my sheets on the bed. Do a load of whites. And a few more chores that I felt just couldn't wait. I am now so overtired, that I will have to shut off all the lights and the TV. I usually put the TV on sleep and go to sleep while it is still on. So starting right now, I am going to work on my streak of stubbornness and say "Good Night friends." The first thing I am going to work on is try to get on a regular schedule and stop pushing myself so hard. Ther is still more work I could have done, but it all can wait until tomorrow.l
I was the night nurse for 13 years, I want you to get some good sleep and stay out of my hair!!! Seriously, you can't hope to get stronger if you keep wearing yourself out, that's not the way to do it. Do you realize, for every day people our age stay in the hospital it takes one week of recovery? That means you have at least two or three weeks to get yourself back on track. Take it easy, all of what you worked on all night is all for naught if you end up back in the hospital. {{{{{Addie}}}}}
Old 12-07-2011, 08:54 AM   #550
Senior Cook

Making my mum a cheesecake as a belated birthday present :)