What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That mist is liquid and liquid is heavier than air. Therefore it is not going to hang in the air waiting to come up and get you. It will reach its height capacity stopped by the lid and start its return trip to down. :angel:

What about osmosis?
:ROFLMAO:

Speaking of germs, to this day, something I started as long ago as I can remember, if I see a dead animal in the road driving I stop breathing for a spell so I don't breathe in any nasties that might be picked up in the car.
Of course they would be picked up by the car's air vents and probably trapped to be breathed in later, but it's just one of those habits.

I am doing a happy dance right now! And that isn't easy for someone as crippled up as me! ;) :LOL:

I was very happy with the room arrangement with me getting the smallest room for my craft/cake studio. That was until I realized how much stuff I have for all my projects. However, I still love the room and have been working on getting it organized.

We got new neighbours upstairs from us and they have 4 adults and 3 little ones. The noise is okay everywhere except over our bedroom, which is also along the wall where the stairs go up (we have our own entrance but the upper suites have a stairwell and hallway). We got used to that sound, but now we hear everything from their main floor bedroom and the bathtub which seems to run a couple of hours straight every morning!

Dad's old room will be our new quiet bedroom and TB was going to take the current bedroom for his office and computer storage. Today he told me the hookups in my current room are all set for the router, modem, etc. and that there is enough room for his stuff so he will move in here and I get the biggest room in the house for my studio! It is only 9" wider than what will be our bedroom (but that IS 9" of closet space). I never even thought of this and made sure he was okay with less space, which he is!

I can't wait to get started! :)

What about osmosis?
:ROFLMAO:

Speaking of germs, to this day, something I started as long ago as I can remember, if I see a dead animal in the road driving I stop breathing for a spell so I don't breathe in any nasties that might be picked up in the car.
Of course they would be picked up by the car's air vents and probably trapped to be breathed in later, but it's just one of those habits.

When we were kids we were told to do that when driving through highway tunnels, to protect us from carbon monoxide poisoning! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

...to this day, something I started as long ago as I can remember, if I see a dead animal in the road driving I stop breathing for a spell so I don't breathe in any nasties....

I do the same thing pac, but only because my nose knows skunk! Himself and our daughter smell it but aren't bothered, our son can't smell it at all, and I can smell 'em before I see em! If the speed bump ends up being something else I start breathing again.

I'm stalling - should start supper. Not even a big one, cheating with Trader Joe.

Last edited:
Just finished making a recipe of Belgian-style Yeast Waffles. They'll be the "cake" for fresh strawberry shortcake. The area strawberries are just now coming in and, this year, are wonderfully pump, juicy and sweet. Takin' the waffles to Glenn's daughter's house tonight. We'll cook out first, then.....yum!

Have a look-see:

Wow, they look amazing Katie, not to mention very tasty :yum:

The lawn mower guy has just been, always love the look of the lawns once they have just been done :)

I have washed all the sheets, they are hanging out in the lovely sunshine, it is cold here this morning, but sunny!

I have made the bed with clean sheets. Now about to go and make some tuna mornay for lunch and then I have a load of ironing to do!

I also have to clean the oven....may leave that till tomorrow :LOL:

All the tuna mornay is made...I have already had some for lunch, delicious!

Done a heap of ironing, not much left to go and then relaxing on the lounge to watch some UK soaps :)

Watching the special news report of a bridge collapse about 45 miles south of us. This bridge is on the major north/south interstate ( I-5) from Canada to Mexico. It crosses the Skagit River. Thank goodness they are now reporting no fatalities, and only 3 people taken to hospital. Miraculous .......since 71000 vehicles cross this bridge daily. I cross it often myself. The river is fed by a glacial lake and is very cold at this time of year, likely 40-45 degrees. The currents are extremely dangerous this is not a swimming river, at least not in the area of the bridge. I am just so amazed that so few vehicles were on it at the time if collapse.

image-2714672561.jpg

image-3827831350.jpg

image-1442182713.jpg

Last edited:
All the tuna mornay is made...I have already had some for lunch, delicious!

Done a heap of ironing

wouldn't be easier to iron one thing at a time? :mrgreen:

Watching the special news report of a bridge collapse about 45 miles south of us. This bridge is on the major north/south interstate ( I-5) from Canada to Mexico.

the bridge goes from canada to mexico? man, that's a big bridge... :huh:

sorry, just goofing around. i keep reading things very literally tonight.

yep. :sleep:

but i'll bet there's a few newfies out there who thought for a minute, "there's a bridge to mexico?" :mrgreen:

I have been watching some TV, all rugged up on the recliner with a quilt, so comfy and warm...and fell asleep :mrgreen:

Feeling a little out of it now...must wake up, time for dinner :)

lol, is it dinner or supper in your parts, starting so early.

scratch that.

erm, 2 bad choices of words.

aren't you a bit early?

geez, can i get a break with the double entendre?

what time do you have to start the stroganiff?

ok, i quit.

have a nice day...

He he :LOL:

Dinner is our main meal for the day, the evening meal...we usually have that around 5pm :)

Last edited:
I'm sitting in my car outside my pharmacy waiting for this rainstorm to blow through. It's pouring and there's a lot of wind. The last time I was here in high wind, it almost blew me down. The neuropathy in my feet makes it hard for me to withstand it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom