"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #5511
Certified Cake Maniac

Sounds like a nice day, Addie! Glad your daughter is starting to feel a bit better. It will take some time.

Hope you have a restful nap and the pain goes away.

I had a visit from an RCMP officer this morning. The grocery store reported the incident - they had to for liability reasons. We had a brief talk, I said I wasn't pressing charges and he left. The woman obviously has anger issues and needs help, not an arrest.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #5512
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
Sounds like a nice day, Addie! Glad your daughter is starting to feel a bit better. It will take some time.

I had a visit from an RCMP officer this morning. The grocery store reported the incident - they had to for liability reasons. We had a brief talk, I said I wasn't pressing charges and he left. The woman obviously has anger issues and needs help, not an arrest.
Clearly, you are a much nicer person than I.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #5513
Chef Extraordinaire

This morning I am heading out to do the grocery shopping and then I am going to drive over to mums for a coffee as she is getting back from her holidays today
Old 09-12-2012, 06:01 PM   #5514
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

All of the surgery and medicines she was on really messed up her thinking. She couldn't put words together to make a complete thought. Now that she is off the steroids she is doing much better. But she is not back to normal quite yet. The heavy steroids she was receiving really messed up her thought process. She is not allowed to drive. When her husband was driving her to the bank, she asked her husband what the stop sign was for.

Did I miss something? What incident are you talking about? I looked back to see if I could find a post regarding that woman. Tell the RCMP he can come knock on my dor anytiime. Full uniform please!
Old 09-12-2012, 07:28 PM   #5515
Executive Chef

Got mugged by 2 chipmunks, 3 gray squirrels, and 6 or so chickadees at this morning's feeding. Enjoying the cooler weather and mid-week peace and quiet. Enjoyed the sunset watching a half dozen mourning doves come for their evening drink, a few cottontails grazing on my ill-kempt lawn, and a five whitetails (1buck, 1 doe, 2 fawns and 1 yearling) making their daily trek from their daytime to their nighttime habitat and listening to honking of the Canada geese.
Looking forward to cleaning up my new meat pump tomorrow, in anticipation of doing some meat curing later this fall.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:51 PM   #5516
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:

Ummm...huh? RCMP, Grocery store, Woman?????
Old 09-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #5517
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker
It's a tough thing going through the loss of our loved ones. I wish you all inner peace & acceptance.
+1.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #5518
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Dinner 11th September
Old 09-12-2012, 09:07 PM   #5519
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Did I miss something? What incident are you talking about? I looked back to see if I could find a post regarding that woman. Tell the RCMP he can come knock on my dor anytiime. Full uniform please!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Sorry, ladies, I thought it was this thread I started that on but it was yesterday's dinner thread because I couldn't go to my MIL's birthday party as I was in too much pain. I will add more detail here.

I was at my usual grocery store yesterday. Everyone in there knows me and I get along really well with them....not to mention we do a lot of business there. Anyway, I got my groceries and then had to go back to get my prescriptions as they weren't ready the first time. As I was coming back I realized I needed to pick up the TV magazines from this week and last week For the Fall Previews (as I say they like me so the lady doing it went into her pile of returns and got me one).

At this time the tills were full, but all I had was two magazines so one of the cashiers opened up and called me over. The lady behind me had a baby carriage with no baby - it was to hold her groceries. She started to move to the other till and the cashier said "no, this lady is first". I was carrying my bag of groceries, the magazines, bag of prescriptions and my cane so was slow moving over. The woman slammed the stroller into my right leg (my bad) one and still tried to beat me in line for her one loaf of bread.

I was in horrible pain and immediately had three staff at my side. While they were attending to me the woman was at the other till and was arguing at the price of her bread (she wanted it for $1.29 not $2.29).

A dear sweet staff member who loved my Dad grabbed my cane, went over to the woman and said "do you realize this woman walks with a cane and you could have really injured her". He came back and helped me to a chair.

I had to fill out a bunch of papers and the pain lessened (they got a bag of ice out of the cooler...by this time I had the associate manager there too). I said I wouldn't press charges.

But the store called this morning and said that they had to report it because it was an assault and in case either side took action they needed to cover their own liability. So hence the policeman.

Addie, he was super cute and in full regular uniform. But I am sure if I asked nice he would put on his dress reds for you!

Old 09-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #5520
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Sorry, TL and thanks. I must have been typing my long winded version while you put in the link....why didn't I think of that.