"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-13-2012, 06:58 PM   #5541
Chef Extraordinaire

Last night I had a terrible night as I developed a nasty cold...swollen glands, dry and sore and a blocked nose.

I feel awful this morning with the added bonus of a yukky head

I have some Cold and Flu tablets and some throat lozenges, also drinking loads of water, so lets hope it goes soon

Old 09-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #5542
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969
Last night I had a terrible night as I developed a nasty cold...swollen glands, dry and sore and a blocked nose.

I feel awful this morning with the added bonus of a yukky head

I have some Cold and Flu tablets and some throat lozenges, also drinking loads of water, so lets hope it goes soon
Awww, Kylie, hope you feel better soon! Hope someone can make you some chicken soup! Best thing in the world for a cold.

Old 09-14-2012, 01:37 AM   #5543
Certified Cake Maniac

Kylie, feel better soon!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:22 AM   #5544
Chef Extraordinaire

Listen to Dawg, Kylie. Best cure for feeling better. Take care of yourself. And get some rest.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:08 AM   #5545
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks so much guys

Yes, I have been crashed out on the recliner all day..just watching TV and dropping in and out of sleep

Hoping for a good sleep tonight
Old 09-14-2012, 04:52 AM   #5546
Chef Extraordinaire

Well, it is five a.m. and I am getting ready to go to bed. Been up all night.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:42 AM   #5547
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie
I find that I am slowly getting on a normal schedule and sleeping through the night. That is the good news. Oh, and Good Morning Everyone.

The bad news is that I looked up the medicine that my daughter will be on for her chemo treatment. Just when I have myself under control, I do something stupid like that. The side effects are enough to make anyone hesitate. But again, this is information I will keep to myself. The only one I can talk to it about it is Son #3, the P.A. What little I don't understand, he explains it to me. And he can calm me down. I have seen my kids through some bad accidents and life threatening illnesses. But this! Too much knowledge is not a good thing.
Have you looked for some natural remedies for the side effects of the medications? It might put your mind at ease and help your daughter at the same time. I know acupuncture helped me with my 9months straight of morning sickness, plus I got sent home with some funky tasting teas, but it done the trick.
But you are right, too much knowledge can be a bad thing, and will just bring you down. Try and keep positive x x
Old 09-14-2012, 05:53 AM   #5548
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm loading the Volvo for what I hope is my last Chick transport for awhile. This is my sixth (and hopfully final) chick run since we started keeping hens a little over a year ago. This merry band of chicks includes 2 black sex linkeds, 4 Rhode Island Reds, and 3 Plymouth Rocks. They were hatched May 1st, so they are not laying yet, give the RIRs another few weeks and they should start. Not sure about when the black sex linkeds will start, but the PRs should start mid-late October. These are Rocky's new girls and will reside with him out at the farm.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #5549
Everymom

Slept in til nearly 8 this morning. Just settling in with some coffee and the laptop to catch up on all the antics I missed while at work last night.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #5550
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Slept in til nearly 8 this morning. Just settling in with some coffee and the laptop to catch up on all the antics I missed while at work last night.

Got up early today - 9:00 AM. Just finished breakfast (waffles with sautéed apples with cinnamon and nutmeg) and I'm DC-ing as we speak.