What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just had a lovely dinner...I made some lamb mince rissoles, they were delicious!

Now enjoying a cuppa before retiring to the lounge to watch some TV :)

That's similar to my TO, Andy. The bottom knob is the toast knob.

That sounds like a heckuva crash, Addie. The guy must have been belted in or he probably would not be walking away from it.

While it would be a pain in the butt, if you run a toast cycle empty then immediately put your bread into the preheated oven, it would toast faster with less drying out.

That is what I do. I heat it up first. I even did that when I had my toaster. I heat it up for about 45 seconds to one minute. I know, you have to wait, but you get the kind of toast you want. Whenever I want toast, for some reason I always want cocoa with it.

Good morning everyone. Today looks like it is going to be nice and sunny and not too hot, so I am going to take a ride over to the beach. :angel:

Just waking up myself. Having a rare day off, as of late. One of the guys is booking a few days off to get married in a few weeks so I am going to cover for him, which means working about 14 days straight. I am taking a few off now before the stretch of summer madness starts. Think I may get some fried chicken this afternoon and head to the beach for some lunch with my GF. Then it's off to the house for lawn cutting, dog walking and frisbee playing with my daughter.
Then home to stuff a pork tenderloin.

Just waking up myself. Having a rare day off, as of late. One of the guys is booking a few days off to get married in a few weeks so I am going to cover for him, which means working about 14 days straight. I am taking a few off now before the stretch of summer madness starts. Think I may get some fried chicken this afternoon and head to the beach for some lunch with my GF. Then it's off to the house for lawn cutting, dog walking and frisbee playing with my daughter.

I'll take a piece of that chicken. Sounds like you have a nice day ahead. Except for the lawn mowing. :angel:

Beach in Ottowa Canada ??? boy o boy.

Hey! There is a very small window of opportunity for this type of activity. Gotta git while the gettin's good. The Ottawa river is quite nice. Clear, picturesque, and really friggin' cold...:LOL:
dsc02709.jpg

Z
Z

Last edited:
Watching Game of Thrones on my new 60" LED TV. I didn't realize how HUGE it would look in my living room, :LOL:

My justification for buying it was that my partner has bad eyesight, and this helps him see the tv better, yup that's it...

Amazon's "white glove" delivery is pretty awesome.

We can't get anything bigger in this apartment and still be able to sit far enough away so we don't ruin our eyesight...

that eyesight nonsense is well, crapola.

it was based on fear of radiation from tv's of yore, and because people feared that watching something so close was bad for you.

it was nonsense.

current tv's produce negligible radiation, as well as watching smething a few feet away being nothing.

handheld video games are the worst culprit, having kids see no longer than their arms (which reduces their developing depth perception, and in oppositon they need to learn to focus on long distance things such as landscapes). a balance between sports and video games s critical.

ok, so sayeth i.

check it out.

in other words, old folks have nothing to worry about.

sit as close as is comfortable for you.

believe me.

my dad is almost 90. he wants a theatre in his house just to be able to see everything.

that eyesight nonsense is well, crapola.

it was based on fear of radiation from tv's of yore, and because people feared that watching something so close was bad for you.

it was nonsense.

current tv's produce negligible radiation, as well as watching smething a few feet away being nothing.

handheld video games are the worst culprit, having kids see no longer than their arms (which reduces their developing depth perception, and in oppositon they need to learn to focus on long distance things such as landscapes). a balance between sports and video games s critical.

ok, so sayeth i.

check it out.

Seeing (or not seeing) that both of us wear coke bottle bottoms for eyeglasses...I do have a problem with focusing with my trifocals. Have to decide how I want to hold my head.

Watching Game of Thrones on my new 60" LED TV. I didn't realize how HUGE it would look in my living room, :LOL:

My justification for buying it was that my partner has bad eyesight, and this helps him see the tv better, yup that's it...

Amazon's "white glove" delivery is pretty awesome.

You certainly don't want to be the cause of him needing eye surgery. And if anyone questions you, you lie and I will swear to it. :angel:

Just got home a couple hours ago. I was websurfing, Himself was reading an article on the internet, and I decided we needed to be spontaneous! Now if you knew me IRL you would know that it takes me about 24 hours notice to be "spontaneous". :LOL: I don't "do" spontaneous. We headed south through CT, ending up at Mystic. Stopped somewhere on the way home to eat. Here we are near the shore and Himself gets - a TurkeyBLT Club. :rolleyes: I got fish. Details in the supper thread.

The best thing about running away from home is you don't have to do any work. The bad thing...you come home to the work. Well, it will keep for another day. ;)

ok, so sayeth i.

check it out.

That's really interesting. You would know, you've got a kid and I'm sure are up on this stuff, but just walking tests your depth perception.
I'm not saying that you are wrong, just that I haven't read or seen anyone else say that doing something at arms' length inhibits the growth of a young person's depth perception.
That leads me to wonder if focusing at an arms' length task makes ones' closer depth perception more accute. If it could produce the next skilled surgeon... especially the ones who do keyhole surgery working from camera monitors, where their eyes are focused one place while their hands do their own thing. hmmm...

My pleasure to be there for you.

Isn't there a wedding coming up soon? I am looking forward to hearing all about it. :angel: And one for each of you. :angel: :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom