"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #5621
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie

Tell him you want to start practicing doing the hair art that barbers do. Start with a big Z on the sides. He will go screaming out the door to the nearest barber. (I have such an evil side to me!)
I sometimes leave a Mohawk on top just to mess with him. Actually, I don't mind cutting his hair, he is a pretty good kid. ;)

Old 09-18-2012, 12:10 PM   #5622
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I have arthritis in both my hands. I have already lost the use of two fingers.

I had a bunch of wooden knobs that I removed from a small bureau I had. I was putting on new ones. For some reason I kept them. My son took them and filled the screw hole with wood putty and then drilled them to the size of the screw on the lamps after you remove the little knob that comes with it. He then screwed the knobs onto the lamp screws. It is so much easier to turn the lamps on now. I love them. It does look a little odd. But then I have never been one to do things with what other folks might think. I am not one to keep up with the Joneses. I like to think I am the Joneses. Now I have to clean the shades in the shower. The shades are very expensive one. More than the lamps.
Sounds great, Addie! I will remember that one when my fingers get that bad. I feel them going, but am still able to use most of my fingers.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 12:15 PM   #5623
Certified Cake Maniac

I'm trying to get myself up from the computer and go make some gluten free muffins for DH to surprise him for breakfast. I got the recipe from Michael Smith's new show, "Chef Michael's Kitchen". It is brand new so probably isn't in the States yet.

Then I have to bake cakes all afternoon and evening after he goes to work. I need one for his MIL as we go over to celebrate her birthday (was on the 11th), one for Joie's groomer as this is his last time with her as she is moving to the island (very sorry about this - she has done so well with him and he owes her lots of thanks ), and my neighbour found out I was making my chocolate cake recipe and asked if there would be enough batter left to make her some cupcakes.

Oh, I almost forgot - Mollyanne and Vitauta's cakes! (but don't tell them okay? )

Old 09-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #5624
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I'm trying to get myself up from the computer and go make some gluten free muffins for DH to surprise him for breakfast. I got the recipe from Michael Smith's new show, "Chef Michael's Kitchen". It is brand new so probably isn't in the States yet.

Then I have to bake cakes all afternoon and evening after he goes to work. I need one for his MIL as we go over to celebrate her birthday (was on the 11th), one for Joie's groomer as this is his last time with her as she is moving to the island (very sorry about this - she has done so well with him and he owes her lots of thanks ), and my neighbour found out I was making my chocolate cake recipe and asked if there would be enough batter left to make her some cupcakes.

Oh, I almost forgot - Mollyanne and Vitauta's cakes! (but don't tell them okay? )
Isn't his MIL your mother?
Old 09-18-2012, 12:41 PM   #5625
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

Oh, I almost forgot - Mollyanne and Vitauta's cakes! (but don't tell

them okay? )

no worries, lp, mum's the word.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:52 PM   #5626
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Isn't his MIL your mother?
See what marathon migraines do to me? Yes, I meant MY MIL and she, besides Ma of course, is my only mother and I love her like one (though it wasn't always that way).

Though there is a family who have been very good friends. The wife used to refer to her mom as her DH's MIL! Seriously!

Old 09-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #5627
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Thank you Addie

Yes, it does sound very painful for you to sweep Addie...you need a Roomba
Kylie,
i'm so glad you going to be ok. I know how much it hurt and how long when you do something. I not only had and artificial vein put in my arm for dialysis, then I fell and brok the same arm. What a mess. It hurt like the dickens for months and is just now feeling better. There are still times when I lean on the arm the wrong way and I could just run and bay at the moon. Plus it still looks odd. So chin up sweetie. You will be better and please follow the doctors instructions.
kades
Old 09-18-2012, 09:04 PM   #5628
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Kylie,
bay at the moon? kades
Should I check for the next full moon and be on guard?
Old 09-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #5629
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Trying to catch up with DC and watch TV at the same time.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:48 PM   #5630
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Going to huddle under the lamp and read the instruction book to my new electric pressure cooker, from cover to cover! I wonder if Shrek is up for a roast at 1 AM...