What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coincidentally, I'm scheduled to do the same thing this month. Take the two doors off and make everything shine top to bottom. All I've ever used is Scrubbing Bubbles foaming spray and a blue scrubbing sponge (fiberglass tub/shower).

Coincidentally, I'm scheduled to do the same thing this month. Take the two doors off and make everything shine top to bottom. All I've ever used is Scrubbing Bubbles foaming spray and a blue scrubbing sponge (fiberglass tub/shower).

I love Scrubbie Bubbles. I use it on the front of my kitchen cabinets. Even the appliances. And I just LOVE how shiny it makes the faucets in the kitchen and bathroom. I swear those bubbles can clean anything without any scrubbing. :angel:

Just doing laundry here. I went to Sears earlier to check out the ranges. I am thinking GE. I saw several that I liked. Has anyone had a range where the oven has a steam cleaning setting? This seems to be the new thing. How does it work? Any problems with rusting?

When we were fixing up my mum's apartment in Denmark (~2010) to sell it, we checked out the new ovens and bought one with steam cleaning. It worked quite well. It never got used enough to know if it would cause rusting, but I doubt it does. This was on a gas oven.

left shoulder problems...I'm getting old...that and repetitive motion at work has caused separation of the AC joint and they also see calcifications which is what caused the horrible pain I had when it popped. I can't do anything that rotates my arm out. I'm okay with back, just not out.

Gentle (((hugs))). Eek! It popped? It separated! Where were you and what were you doing when you got the horrible pain? Geez, I hope that gets better quickly.

Rodents chewed up my irreplaceable 6 gasoline gas can and the gas tank on my 33" walk behind mower. Ergo I just ordered $98's worth of Contrac and $127's worth of items to replace the walk behinds fuel tank.

Bummer. I wonder why rodents would be attracted to gasoline.

Spike picked me up a can of industrial strength Scrubbie Bubbles today at Home Depot. Every time I go in the bathroom, I find something else to clean. All that is left is the floor. I don't know if I have the energy for that tonight. But the bathroom is sparkling clean. :angel:

Gentle (((hugs))). Eek! It popped? It separated! Where were you and what were you doing when you got the horrible pain? Geez, I hope that gets better quickly.

Boss lady heard it from across the room. They figure it got hung up on a calcification and snapped past it creating the wonderful pain and then it just kept hurting from inflammation. I've had a couple days of rest with it and it has reduced. Still sore but it doesn't hurt, if that makes sense. Electrical stimulation, ice therapy, Icy Hot and Tylenol. Wouldn't be so bad, except for being left handed, so it gets more use than it should.

Nothing loose, nothing blocking, but it's starting to sound like my knees...Rice Krispies.

Boss lady heard it from across the room. They figure it got hung up on a calcification and snapped past it creating the wonderful pain and then it just kept hurting from inflammation. I've had a couple days of rest with it and it has reduced. Still sore but it doesn't hurt, if that makes sense. Electrical stimulation, ice therapy, Icy Hot and Tylenol. Wouldn't be so bad, except for being left handed, so it gets more use than it should.

Nothing loose, nothing blocking, but it's starting to sound like my knees...Rice Krispies.

Gah! Amplified! So sorry, PF, glad you have a treatment plan, and that you're feeling better.

Gah! Amplified! So sorry, PF, glad you have a treatment plan, and that you're feeling better.

I forgot to mention...all I was doing was picking up my pen from in front of me when it happened. It wasn't until the next day that we figured out which repetitive motion was making it worse. The printer is next to me on my left, it is also up so I reach up and back many times a day, often for my two office mates, too. It is this motion I can no longer do. I've been advocating for a counter height desk where I can stand at the computer, leaving the printer at desk height would fix the problem.

I used to leave my weed whacker on the back porch and had something chew on the gas line. You had to flex the line to see the slits in it. I'm pretty sure it was either a raccoon or opossum.
You're right. It does make you wonder.

I used to leave my weed whacker on the back porch and had something chew on the gas line. You had to flex the line to see the slits in it. I'm pretty sure it was either a raccoon or opossum.
You're right. It does make you wonder.

I had a problem with my last car with squirrels eating the insulation off the wires around the engine. Cost a fortune to get it fixed. No one knew why the squirrels ate my wires. It wasn't until much later that I mentioned the problem to SO's cousin who had an auto repair business. Simple. The insulation on the wires is now vegetable based rather than petroleum based as they used to be.

Maybe that explanation for gas lines too. The same thing kept happening to a neighbor's line on her gas grill.

DC was down for a fair while, couldn't get on

Went to physio this morning, I am doing well apparently, good stuff!

In the middle of making a batch of onion bagels. The dough is rising and will soon be doubled in size.

How hard is it to make bagels? I ran across a recipe in an old Eating Well and have wanted to try it but it seems you have to work quick enough so the dough doesn't rise. Trust me, I can't do anything quick. :LOL:

I had a problem with my last car with squirrels eating the insulation off the wires around the engine. Cost a fortune to get it fixed....

Couple winters ago a mouse built a nest in my heater's blower fan. $500 or so dollars later I had what could potentially become new digs for the mouse. The mechanic suggested putting moth balls on the floor of the garage (I put them in an old roller tray) under the cars because the smell repels rodents. If you park inside it might work for squirrels too.

We don't have shower doors but I found a nifty cleaning agent for shower stalls and tubs. We have those molded fiberglass all-in-one units so there are no seams or tile, but I think this works in a tiled tub too. The cleaner? Shampoo! Seriously. When I read that I laughed, but I had a couple bottles of shampoo that didn't seem to do the job as well after a while so I gave it a try. Amazing. Wet the walls, wet the sponge, and spread on a light film of shampoo. Wait just a couple minutes and then wet the sponge (I use one with a non-scratch scrubbing surface) and wash the walls. You don't need much pressure and you can put a little water in the stoppered tub and keep using that. Not only that, but no fumes! Smells really nice while you're cleaning. Just make sure you get all the soap rinsed really well off the floor of the tub or vwoop! :ohmy:

It is so cold here tonight, about to go and get my fluffy soft dressing gown on and off to watch some Aussie Masterchef :)

So...I may end up with a Maytag range instead of a GE. It also has the steam cleaning. I really don't want the kind of range that locks tight and goes up to 700-800 degrees to get things clean. I don't mind scrubbing, or cleaning the oven right after a spill-over, and don't want the self cleaning cycle at all. The steam cleaning sounds nice, and all it will need from me is the purchase of distilled water. The cleaning cycle only takes an hour, and then you wipe and scrub yourself. This sounds more like what I want. Hubby usually wants to shop with me on things such as this, but has backed off. I think I will just order it online today and have it delivered. So...that's what I am doing, ordering a range.

I had a problem with my last car with squirrels eating the insulation off the wires around the engine. Cost a fortune to get it fixed. No one knew why the squirrels ate my wires. It wasn't until much later that I mentioned the problem to SO's cousin who had an auto repair business. Simple. The insulation on the wires is now vegetable based rather than petroleum based as they used to be.

Maybe that explanation for gas lines too. The same thing kept happening to a neighbor's line on her gas grill.

The article cited below discusses a fix for the rodent problem-
Design News - News - Chemical Additive Protects Plastics From Rats

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom