What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That would be a good one to attend. Hope you get some great pictures of all the hard work that was done and maybe even some celebrity shots !

Help!!

I just want to know how to start a thread!! :LOL:

I can't for the life of me figure it out & all i want to do is ask a question!!!
Can someone please pretty please help

Thankyou so much if you do!:)

I just want to know how to start a thread!! :LOL:

I can't for the life of me figure it out & all i want to do is ask a question!!!
Can someone please pretty please help

Thankyou so much if you do!:)

Hi Summer

Go to the top of this page. Hit the tab that says Forums ... then under general forums hit all forum listings.

Go to where you want the thread ... off topic, beef, desserts or wherever you need it to be.

At the top of the listings you will see a button - orange - that says new thread .. punch it and type away !

Hope that helps and welcome to DC !

Hi Summer

Go to the top of this page. Hit the tab that says Forums ... then under general forums hit all forum listings.

Go to where you want the thread ... off topic, beef, desserts or wherever you need it to be.

At the top of the listings you will see a button - orange - that says new thread .. punch it and type away !

Hope that helps and welcome to DC !
You are amazing, thankyou!!

Gosh that was so simple!!!

Big doings going on in town tonight. I just got back from a short walk to see all the folks. Mumford and Sons are here for their only New Mexico gig. I have been impressed with all the preparation the town has gone to, to host the biggest ever influx of people at one time that this town has seen. It is expected the population of this small town will more than triple tonight. Because I have been hanging out at the public utilites departments this past week, I have seen some of the preparations. I came back to my apartment to have dinner and get my camera.

mumford and sons are giving a concert in your town? that is huge! lucky you, beth! mumford and sons have been my favorite new band for a couple of years. i hope they come to c-ville....:)

That would be a good one to attend. Hope you get some great pictures of all the hard work that was done and maybe even some celebrity shots !

Well, it just rained almost an hour, from 6:00 to 7:00 pm. It hasn't rained here since 2011 :wacko:. It has cleared up and I haven't heard any music yet. There are two bands playing before Mumford and sons and live music at many venues outside of the park where the concert is taking place. I won't be able to get close to the stage, but I will certainly be able to hear them from the street.

I got the grad video done and am now relaxing with one of my favourite shows (Motive) and winding some yarn into balls for my next project.

Violet is curled up at my feet as usual - Life is good! :)

... Life is good! :)

+1 LP!

Glad to hear you got that photo montage all done in time. I'm sure your BFF and family will enjoy it for years. I suppose now you'll start thinking about what to do for his college graduation? ;)

I was listening to rain hit the windows. It's stopped for now but the Andrea monsoons are supposed to move in Friday afternoon. Now I'm listening to the whistles from the train running a couple miles from our house. If the air is just right it sounds like the train is running right down our street! Not an unpleasant sound at all. :)

+1 LP!

Glad to hear you got that photo montage all done in time. I'm sure your BFF and family will enjoy it for years. I suppose now you'll start thinking about what to do for his college graduation? ;)

I was listening to rain hit the windows. It's stopped for now but the Andrea monsoons are supposed to move in Friday afternoon. Now I'm listening to the whistles from the train running a couple miles from our house. If the air is just right it sounds like the train is running right down our street! Not an unpleasant sound at all. :)

Thanks, CG. Next will be his brother's HS graduation in two years. He has already "told" me I am doing his as well. I used to do them both for a living (I had a graphics and video business awhile back) and as the video coordinator at our church for about 7 years. I wouldn't want ti do it full time again but these are my "boys" and I would do anything for them.

I hope that you are going to be okay weather-wise tomorrow. I will be praying and sending good thoughts your way.

I am sitting here in the early hours of the day. The TV is on and ads for Father's Day are starting. So I got to thinking. No, don't call the fire department. That smoke is coming from my brain.

Do you have a favorite or two story about your father? We would love to her them. You can honor your father by sharing some of you memories. So I will start.

The city had planted a tree across the street from our home. In the morning my father would go to over to that tree and give it a gentle shake. He was waking up the birds so that they were starting their day with me.

Of course I know now that the as small as that tree was there were no birds in it. But I still remember him going there to wake the birdies so they would be part of my day.

Now it is your turn. :angel:

would someone please offer me a reason to NOT send away today for a $139 cuisinart griller/panini machine for $39?

Because you can get the same results with a brick wrapped in HD foil and do it in your cast iron pan. Brick is free and the foil is inexpensive. Am I too late? :angel:

would someone please offer me a reason to NOT send away today for a $139 cuisinart griller/panini machine for $39?

Good price. I think another kitchen gadget would be great. I can't give you a reason not to get it. :)

Have you seen the size of that machine? It is huge. Takes up a lot of counter space. What are the dimensions? Storage is another issue. :angel:

you are not too late, sweetie. nice effort, too! but there are still these hurdles to get past: dare i admit this here at dc? i no longer own an iron pan of any size.(blush) and i have no grill-plated cooking surface. the cuisinart has double-sided cooking plates, a drip tray for healthy grilling, and easy, dishwasher safe components. addie, can you argue against these compelling features?

Last edited:
you are not too late, sweetie. nice effort, too! but there are still these hurdles to get past: dare i admit this here at dc? i no longer own an iron pan of any size.(blush) and i have no grill-plated cooking surface. the cuisinart has double-sided cooking plates, a drip tray for healthy grilling, and easy, dishwasher safe components. addie, can you argue against these compelling features?

Buy the Griddler. It's a good tool. I use it for burgers, chicken breasts, pannini and pancakes. Works great!

No. I too have no iron pan and probably for the same reason. Too heavy. So go for it. The price is right. Order it right now before the price goes up. And good luck with it. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom