What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For the past several hours I have been stricten with a 24 hour flu that my oldest son passed on to me. He really didn't need to share that with me. I was more concerned with becoming dehydrated. I have taken in at least two gallons of liquids that I know of or can remember. I am finally on the mend and continue to drink lots of liquids. In the past 20 minutes I have managed to drink a half gallon of milk. Now if I could just stop this dang shaking. I am also very tired so I am headed back to bed. :chef:

take care, addie, pile on those blankets and warm yourself....:)

Addie said:
For the past several hours I have been stricten with a 24 hour flu that my oldest son passed on to me. He really didn't need to share that with me. I was more concerned with becoming dehydrated. I have taken in at least two gallons of liquids that I know of or can remember. I am finally on the mend and continue to drink lots of liquids. In the past 20 minutes I have managed to drink a half gallon of milk. Now if I could just stop this dang shaking. I am also very tired so I am headed back to bed. :chef:

Oh, sweetie. Hope you feel better soon!

hope you're feeling better, addie. maybe some hot tea would help.

i'm finally getting around to uploading pictures from my phone. i'll be posting more in the days to come.

take care, addie, pile on those blankets and warm yourself....:)

I am much better today. Still cold. And it is 80ºF in my apartment. But then the elderly are notoriously cold all the time. I am still taking in liquids like I am going to dry up any moment. My son was still sick last night. And my middle son stopped by to check on me. So I have enough care going on around me. I have on this heavy, very heavy fleece bathrobe that comes down to my feet. I am slowly warming up. My next adventure is to try and eat something. :chef:

I am much better today. Still cold. And it is 80ºF in my apartment. But then the elderly are notoriously cold all the time. I am still taking in liquids like I am going to dry up any moment. My son was still sick last night. And my middle son stopped by to check on me. So I have enough care going on around me. I have on this heavy, very heavy fleece bathrobe that comes down to my feet. I am slowly warming up. My next adventure is to try and eat something. :chef:

Whenever I get "chilled to the bone", Addie, I just jump into the shower and crank it to "cook-me". After about 30 minutes of that, I wrap into a warm set of clothes and I'm good-to-go!

I sure hope you start feeling better. I'm starting to get where I don't want to go to the market. It seems like every time I do, someone coughs some sort of bug on me.

Stay warm and get well!

Just came back from a meeting with a counselor from Human Resources Canada. I am considering a retraining program called Second Career. Looking into becoming a dietitian, or nutritionist in the Health Service sector. Will require going back to school for up to two years. It's a great program and something that may give me a chance for secure employment for the rest of my working days......So, I am researching all avenues of these possibilities....

Just came back from a meeting with a counselor from Human Resources Canada. I am considering a retraining program called Second Career. Looking into becoming a dietitian, or nutritionist in the Health Service sector. Will require going back to school for up to two years. It's a great program and something that may give me a chance for secure employment for the rest of my working days......So, I am researching all avenues of these possibilities....

kewl :cool:

Good luck.

great news day, rock! resources--you've got a wealth and depth of resources just waiting to be tapped! second career, sounding good, and you already have a nice base of nutritional knowledge that you can build on. good luck!:)

Waiting for a neighbor who owns a truck to get home so I can go get my dishwasher. Then I have the angst of installing it. These things don't always go well for me.

great news day, rock! resources--you've got a wealth and depth of resources just waiting to be tapped! second career, sounding good, and you already have a nice base of nutritional knowledge that you can build on. good luck!:)
Thanks. You are right. I love the food buisness, but am tired of the transition and lack of job security in the restaurant game. Looking for something institutional with some long term security, if there is such a thing anymore.

Just got back from the grocery store. I bought 2~1 pound packages of 90% ground beef. They were on special for $3.98 each. As I was ready to leave the store I looked at my receipt and noticed that they rang up wrong, they rang up at $4.58 each. I went to the service desk, they checked it out and they did ring up wrong, so I got them free. Please everyone, check your receipts.

That sounds like it would be interesting. I would think it could provide many different paths for employment working with almost any age group. I think people will probably continue to make bad food choices until well after you are ready to retire so it should be secure! ;):rolleyes::cool:
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you Rocklobster! I did the same thing in 1982. Went back to school for Electronics in a two year course and ended up working at an aircraft manufacturing facility, testing newly wired Jets and installing black boxes for 15 years before again switching career paths to Database Designing and retiring from it after another 10 years.

Not bad for a guy who started his working life as a dishwasher in a restaurant.

I hope your new adventure goes as well as mine did!

Last edited:
That made me laugh. I have one n the truck, car, my desk (don't ask), one mounted n the kitchen, one n the junk drawer, oh and one n my tool box. My house wine is 2Buck Chuck from Trader Joes.

after d.c. i am going to play with my new sewing room. gotta clean up kitchen a bit before i can play. my granddaughter brought all of the pans, she had of mine. covered the dining room table. going to put them away. busy but fun day.

Back
Top Bottom