"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 12-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #561
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Preparing what I am going to say at my dad's funeral service tomorrow, and finding a Bible passage to read at the graveside service. It will just be family at the graveside (no pastor or other official), so we decided that everyone will read the 23rd Psalm together (I printed up copies) and I will read a passage from Psalm 112.

It has been rather hectic getting prepared for the funeral (with Thanksgiving in the middle of it all), but other than haircuts for my son-in-law Steve and grandson Andrew, and clothes for Steve and shoes for Andrew, everything is done.

I will be so glad to have tomorrow over with.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #562
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L
Preparing what I am going to say at my dad's funeral service tomorrow, and finding a Bible passage to read at the graveside service. It will just be family at the graveside (no pastor or other official), so we decided that everyone will read the 23rd Psalm together (I printed up copies) and I will read a passage from Psalm 112.

It has been rather hectic getting prepared for the funeral (with Thanksgiving in the middle of it all), but other than haircuts for my son-in-law Steve and grandson Andrew, and clothes for Steve and shoes for Andrew, everything is done.

Oh, Barbara. So sorry to hear of your loss. We had the 23rd Psalm read at Dad's funeral. Beautiful and appropriate.

Sincerest condolensces. Please take care of yourself.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #563
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
Maybe you can find out his marinade. If I remember correctly, I think that was what that person was after originally in the recent steak thread, a marinade that would replicate a restaurant's steak.
heck, when they tell you thier recipe, they always leave one thing out.

I'll try though.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:30 PM   #564
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Oh, Barbara. So sorry to hear of your loss. We had the 23rd Psalm read at Dad's funeral. Beautiful and appropriate.

Sincerest condolensces. Please take care of yourself.
Thank you! My dad actually died November 12 (we were all there with him) but since he was cremated we were able to put the funeral off until some family members would be able to come.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:33 PM   #565
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post

May the comfort of family and friends give you strength. So sorry for your loss. JoAnn
Old 12-08-2011, 06:44 PM   #566
Traveling Welcome Wagon

Thank you JoAnn.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #567
Chef Extraordinaire

I just finished prepping tonight's dinner, which included making a meatloaf and cole slaw. I cheated on the cole slaw... I opened a package! Oh the horror the horror And I won't even mention what went in the meatloaf
So the meatloaf is in the oven and cooking for another time... probably cold meatloaf sandwiches tomorrow for starters. And I am resting. I am whooped. I did a lot outside today and it wore me out. I had no intention of cooking anything for dinner tonight and here I am making two dinners
Old 12-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #568
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Just got my new toy! iPhone 4s just arrived! It's just like a teensy weensy iPad. I'm resorting the tiny icons, playing around with it, and considering reading glasses.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #569
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Just got my new toy! iPhone 4s just arrived! It's just like a teensy weensy iPad. I'm resorting the tiny icons, playing around with it, and considering reading glasses.
Cool.
Did you have a smart phone before?
Old 12-08-2011, 07:19 PM   #570
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis

Cool.
Did you have a smart phone before?
I had a BB Tour. Since I got the iPad last year, I was doing most of my online stuff on it. It's kinda strange having a mini me version!

I will have to buy it some clothing and accessories, and brush and style its hair. Keeping an eye on the battery, so far so good!