"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #5731
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
When you learn to listen to your body, it will tell you what foods you should and shouldn't eat.

Old 09-24-2012, 11:44 AM   #5732
Chef Extraordinaire

So I am sitting here watching TV and doing my sewing. All of a sudden a huge wave of sadness just washes over me. It stays for about five minutes and then it is gone. Do any of you ever have this happen?

I have no idea why this happens. I don't know what triggers it. It is not depression. I am not the type of person to get depressed. The odd thing is that it usually comes when I am doing something I enjoy doing like embroidery. Weird.

Old 09-24-2012, 12:17 PM   #5733
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
So I am sitting here watching TV and doing my sewing. All of a sudden a huge wave of sadness just washes over me. It stays for about five minutes and then it is gone. Do any of you ever have this happen?

I have no idea why this happens. I don't know what triggers it. It is not depression. I am not the type of person to get depressed. The odd thing is that it usually comes when I am doing something I enjoy doing like embroidery. Weird.
That sort of thing used to happen to me, but hasn't happened in a long time. I thought of it as free floating moods that just land on someone. I used to get elation too, once in a while.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:24 PM   #5734
Chef Extraordinaire

I'm waiting for a visual migraine (no pain) to go away. I can't really get any work done when I can't see straight.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:27 PM   #5735
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I would be a horrible person to go to a food show now, put on by vendors. I would drive them nuts with ingredient lists and refusing to eat certain things because of those ingredients. But, back when I worked retail, I was not that picky.
Princess, I was about to write much the same thing. I have to read labels so much and am so picky, asking really tough questions at restaurants and stores.

SB, I have tried to cook/eat within DH and my restrictions, but I now realize I was resenting it that I couldn't bake/decorate a cake when he was around, etc. I finally figured out this weekend that until I get my own cravings down I need to avoid what one or both of us can't have and embrace alternative cooking completely. I know some day when it becomes second nature I will be able to cook regular for others again. I am retired from catering and only do cakes as people ask for them.

I know food is your profession and you can't stop it, but I agree about the vendor shows - maybe you can send someone in your place for awhile.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Simonbaker}}}}}}}}}}}}} a baker's dozen hugs!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 PM   #5736
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I'm waiting for a visual migraine (no pain) to go away. I can't really get any work done when I can't see straight.
TL, you have my thoughts and prayers. Any kind of migraine is no fun. I hope you get relief soon. {{{{{{{{{{{{{Taxlady}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Old 09-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #5737
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Trying to wake up enough that I am safe driving so I can go do laundry. Yipee!!!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:57 PM   #5738
Everymom

Only been up a short time as I was up WAY late last night. Just listening to the birds bicker over whose turn it is on the feeder and listening to our kitten chirp at the birds when they creep too close to the window. Pretty little birds out there right now, rosy finches, red breasted nuthatch, black capped chickadees and a couple of blue jays. The blue jays can boss everyone but the chickadees and the nuthatch. Too funny watching the itty bitty birds run off the huge jays.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:23 PM   #5739
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
That sort of thing used to happen to me, but hasn't happened in a long time. I thought of it as free floating moods that just land on someone. I used to get elation too, once in a while.
Thanks. I am not the only one. Those feelings of elation have also visited me. I like your explanation of free floating moods. Who knows what is in the universe just floating around? After all the government has those giant dishes out in the desert hoping to find some sort of life from space.
Old 09-24-2012, 01:41 PM   #5740
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Trying to wake up enough that I am safe driving so I can go do laundry. Yipee!!!
I know that "am I safe to drive feeling" all to well. But at least you have something exciting to look forward to!