What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glenn and I just came inside after riding around the property and pond on the 4-wheeler and, then, a couple of hours sunbathing and cooling off in the pool. The beauty of living where we do is that the sunning and time in the pool was done in our birthday suits. It was sooooo relaxing and the warm sun was a tonic for our arthritic joints. Wish we could do this in the wintertime.

I'm so mellow right now and my skin feels fantastic. Can't wait for tomorrow and the next day, and the next day, and...

Glenn and I just came inside after riding around the property and pond on the 4-wheeler and, then, a couple of hours sunbathing and cooling off in the pool. The beauty of living where we do is that the sunning and time in the pool was done in our birthday suits. It was sooooo relaxing and the warm sun was a tonic for our arthritic joints. Wish we could do this in the wintertime.

I'm so mellow right now and my skin feels fantastic. Can't wait for tomorrow and the next day, and the next day, and...

Any planes flying overhead and swooping down for a closer look? :angel:

:ROFLMAO:

I am trying to get my volcano cake carved and covered in fondant while battling severe pain from a sinus infection that is involving my teeth, jaw and giving me a migraine.

The doctor at the clinic said it was a toothache and wouldn't even look or give me antibiotics and I know my dentist will say it is my sinus and it is up to the doctor to treat it. I like both doctors but really just need some help. I had some narcotics on hand and hate taking them but was desperate. They gave me a half hour sleep but no pain relief. Once it settles down I am okay unless I talk, eat, drink or move around too much. :wacko:

Thankfully my neighbour is helping me in the evenings with the cake and I have until noon tomorrow.

At least a volcano doesn't require perfect carving! ;)

Don't think so but, for sure there's a reason for those little bags that are available for a "certain" purpose.:LOL::rolleyes:

Actually, it's rare that we hear or see any aircraft here. Occasionally a military craft will fly over going to Ft. Campbell, but most of the time we have little to no skyward activity. Quite unlike the environment I was used to when I lived in Washington, DC. I definitely do not miss hearing/seeing the Medivac choppers buzz like insects overhead. It's quiet and serene here. Amen!!!!

It is freezing here this morning!

Been doing some housework to keep warm and now working on some of our game :)

Don't think so but, for sure there's a reason for those little bags that are available for a "certain" purpose.:LOL::rolleyes:

Actually, it's rare that we hear or see any aircraft here. Occasionally a military craft will fly over going to Ft. Campbell, but most of the time we have little to no skyward activity. Quite unlike the environment I was used to when I lived in Washington, DC. I definitely do not miss hearing/seeing the Medivac choppers buzz like insects overhead. It's quiet and serene here. Amen!!!!

Ray Stevens - The Streak - YouTube

Kylie, don't you have heat in your home? :angel:

We do Ads, but during the day we dont have it on as we are always pretty busy and moving around

We usually put the heating on at around 3pm when it starts to get really, really cold :)

Also here in the computer room, if we shut the door, it gets nice and toasty in here as the 2 pcs are running, lots of warmth :)

I didn't get as much done on the volcano cake as I wanted, but it is all set to have fondant in the morning. The beauty of this cake is the more "mistakes" you make, the better it looks! :LOL: I managed (without trying) to get one side very straight and steep, and the other side from it is more gradual. This is something I noticed in a lot of volcano pictures I looked at.

I did end up going to another clinic and they gave me antibiotic and said yes, it is definitely an infected sinus and it is causing pain in the tooth, jaw and head. I am supposed to get lots of rest and fluids. Yeah, right. As soon as I finish my cake order :ermm:

((hugs)) LP. Hope you feel all better in the morning. :flowers:

I'm getting off DC and paying a few bills. Tried going to bed early last night and didn't fall asleep till after 5:00AM. Tonight I'll crash into bed around four and go right to sleep (I hope). Earplugs are going to be a blessing in the AM when everyone fires up their lawnmowers. :huh:

'Night all!

((hugs)) LP. Hope you feel all better in the morning. :flowers:

I'm getting off DC and paying a few bills. Tried going to bed early last night and didn't fall asleep till after 5:00AM. Tonight I'll crash into bed around four and go right to sleep (I hope). Earplugs are going to be a blessing in the AM when everyone fires up their lawnmowers. :huh:

'Night all!

Hope we both have a good sleep tonight CG, Thanks for the get well wishes. :)

Looking at a spider crawling up the wall. A big one. Oops, he's dead now. We had a lot of stroms come through last week, and I seem to have more bugs than usual, plus a bat or two. The bugs are easy to deal with, but bats can be disconcerting.

Looking at a spider crawling up the wall. A big one. Oops, he's dead now. We had a lot of stroms come through last week, and I seem to have more bugs than usual, plus a bat or two. The bugs are easy to deal with, but bats can be disconcerting.

Pest-wise, the guys that get me are the fuitflies that hang around the cats' wet catfood crumbs. How do they get in? I resorted to hanging a flystrip over the dishes. Charming.

Pest-wise, the guys that get me are the fuitflies that hang around the cats' wet catfood crumbs. How do they get in? I resorted to hanging a flystrip over the dishes. Charming.

We found that washing our bananas the minute we bring them home really cuts down on fruitflies. Also, cutting the top part off a plastic bottle, inverting it into the bottom part, and pouring in some cider vinegar takes care of them. They fly in and can't get out.

Thanks, Dawg. I vaguely remembered some tip about vinegar, but not the specifics. I'm on my way to grab a bottle asap. If vinegar doesn't work, I'll send for the honey.

You guys are funny. :)

I had my best luck in a fruit fly trap with banana peels. Probably because that's what they came in on.

Have not been up long, had a lovely hot shower, a lovely hot coffee and now about to have a lovely hot breakfast :)

Back
Top Bottom