What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What the heck?!
That giraffe looks like it's dead :(
But it does get the point across.

I'm watching that Man vs Food show and they just cooked an onion burger on a griddle. I am so going to buy myself a griddle to cook on.

Just got back from the dentist. He drained the abscess and pulled the tooth. He also changed my antibiotic to something more suitable to the type of infection.

I am still feeling sick all over, and very tired, but relieved that it is gone. Two abscesses, one third of the tooth chipping off and a root canal over a year is enough hassle for one tooth.

I am going to make TB's sandwiches and then take a long nap.

I'm glad you got it fixed, Laurie! Time to rest and let the antibiotic work. Hugs!

Just came in from working in the yard. Potted up three planters that sit on the driveway and cleaned out two planters on the front porch that still has last years dead annuals in them. They also each had a spike that wintered over but needed a "haircut", so did that too. Watered the two front hanging baskets and all the newly potted up planters and watered the veggie garden, swept the front porch and walk and some of the driveway where I made a mess doing my potting.......whew! I'm pooped! I feel like I have spiders/bugs crawling all over me :(

At work and very sleepy, got up early to get mom to the airport. She must have made all of her flights because I haven't heard from her!

I had to get up early and I didn't sleep well, paranoid that I'd over sleep, time sensitive things trigger mild anxiety. But the up side is that this will be a lazy evening chilling out and just watching some TV that I need to catch up on.

It was a good visit with mom, I get to see her again in two months when we go home to get married!

How to get rid of Hornets and wasps.

Sorry I am back tracking to the Hornet's nest, I dont know if I am configured right but as soon as I clicked the link, that was the first thing I saw.

Farmers Almanac says to get a beer can with half full beer, and tie mint flavor floss, and hang it to the ceiling. The wasps will be attracted to the beer, fly in, get drunk, and not get out.

It never said why to use Mint floss though.

I just got done rooting around in the upstairs freezer and found a chub of Jimmy Dean sausage. No doubt bought on sale, because there were three more right behind it. I needed some sausage for dinner, so I'm going to give it a go. It can't be any worse off than the scallops I bought at the town store, lol.

I just finished frying up the sausage, onions and jalapenos for my stuffed mushrooms. I gave it a taste test and the sausage seems fine.
Watching a little A Few Good Men now.

I'm getting re-acquainted with my desk top computer. Last Saturday night I found my laptop screen had quit functioning. I took a day to mull over what to do and decided to sacrifice my eating table and desk and get my computer set up. I was able to find most of it, everything but the speakers, in the storage unit. So yesterday I had a feller over and was up and running in less than an hour. Today I have been updating the MS Money program and copying some things on my scanner/printer/copier. The keyboard, monitor and back up battery fit snugly on the table, the computer is on the floor, and the copier is on the desk. Haven't figured out a long term solution for eating space yet:huh:

Got back from the pool, there was only one very well-behaved child, one mother there today, very relaxing.

At work and very sleepy, got up early to get mom to the airport. She must have made all of her flights because I haven't heard from her!

I had to get up early and I didn't sleep well, paranoid that I'd over sleep, time sensitive things trigger mild anxiety. But the up side is that this will be a lazy evening chilling out and just watching some TV that I need to catch up on.

It was a good visit with mom, I get to see her again in two months when we go home to get married!

I am looking forward to hearing about and seeing the pictures of that wedding. I remember how happy you were (and so am I) when Maine voted to recognize your right to get married. :angel:

Just got back from the dentist. He drained the abscess and pulled the tooth. He also changed my antibiotic to something more suitable to the type of infection.

I am still feeling sick all over, and very tired, but relieved that it is gone. Two abscesses, one third of the tooth chipping off and a root canal over a year is enough hassle for one tooth.

I am going to make TB's sandwiches and then take a long nap.

Hope you are feeling better soon Laurie

I am sitting here in a state of shock. My lease states that once a year "Management shall inspect each apartment for any needed repairs." They make a note of any needed repairs and then set up a date for maintenance to return to make those repairs. And that is where their wacky sense of humor comes in. They make the appointment with me, but never follow through.

This year I have had three inspections in one year. And now maintenance was just here to AGAIN check the smoke and CD alarms, replace the cover for the light over the stove and clean the fan in the bathroom. I have been here for six years and the battery in the alarms have never been checked. They only way I knew that the alarms were working is if I forgot something was cooking on the stove. And the last I heard was that they didn't carry in stock the cover for the light over the stove. I guess that heavy fine management received from HUD, due to the condition of my apartment really gave them a "We are serious" message. I could call in these minor problems, but they don't bother me, so I live with them. My life doesn't change for the worse if they don't get taken care of.

And the best one is, because I am a female tenant, not one, but two maintenance men show up. A single males is not allowed to enter any apartment where a single female resides. It comes down to, how many maintenance men does it take to screw in a light bulb? For the first time in six years, I can honestly say that my apartment is in working order. :angel:

Catching my breath. Just finished using a borrowed power washer to do my two grills, SO's floor mats the deck railings, floor and bulkhead.

This is all in preparation for sanding and painting the railings and deck so everything will look pretty for SO's family coming from Florida the end of the month.

And the best one is, because I am a female tenant, not one, but two maintenance men show up. A single males is not allowed to enter any apartment where a single female resides. It comes down to, how many maintenance men does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Maybe it comes down to, how many times does the company/agency want to be sued for sexual assault?

Maybe it comes down to, how many times does the company/agency want to be sued for sexual assault?

I'd say even sexual harassment. Good to have two witnesses on your side in case the maintenance men run into a nutjob.

Don't forget to sand down the grain you just raised on your deck, Andy.
I believe that was done in a circular motion... three circles outward with the left, three circles outward with the right. Three circles outward with the left... and then you can wax all the cars in the lot :LOL:

And the best one is, because I am a female tenant, not one, but two maintenance men show up. A single males is not allowed to enter any apartment where a single female resides. It comes down to, how many maintenance men does it take to screw in a light bulb? For the first time in six years, I can honestly say that my apartment is in working order. :angel:

Congrats on finally getting it all in working order !

As for the other .. I can tell you that it is a very smart move to have 2 people when it's a single female. Having been in the business for a few years I know what can happen. We had an incident where a maintenance guy went to fix an oven in an apartment - single woman - and she claimed rape. The guy never touched her and quite honestly I believed him over her. But it went to court, drug on for a very long time and caused a ton of undue stress on him and his family. The end result was that charges were dropped but he quit the job and can't be re-hired because of the complaint.

DH did maintenance when we managed and if our assitant was not around I went with him ... no matter how well we "knew" the resident .. you simply have to COA at all times anymore.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom