What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...Don't forget to sand down the grain you just raised on your deck, Andy.
I believe that was done in a circular motion... three circles outward with the left, three circles outward with the right. Three circles outward with the left... and then you can wax all the cars in the lot :LOL:

I'm on the condo board with a guy who has all the tools. When I told him about my project, he told me to take his power washer and orbital sander to make the job easier. I agreed. I was able to clean my Ducane and Weber. Blasted a year's worth of crud off them.

I was not looking forward to the manual "wax on, wax off" routine. If only he had a spray painter...

I'm on the condo board with a guy who has all the tools. When I told him about my project, he told me to take his power washer and orbital sander to make the job easier. I agreed. I was able to clean my Ducane and Weber. Blasted a year's worth of crud off them.

I was not looking forward to the manual "wax on, wax off" routine. If only he had a spray painter...

Are you painting or staining? Those pump up sprayers work very well for staining a deck. Just cover up any foliage you might get overspray on.

Are you painting or staining? Those pump up sprayers work very well for staining a deck. Just cover up any foliage you might get overspray on.

Thanks for the thought. I was given a solid stain - water based and a 2.5" brush. Since it's not a big deck, It won't take long by hand.

Thanks for the thought. I was given a solid stain - water based and a 2.5" brush. Since it's not a big deck, It won't take long by hand.

It's your call. Spraying a deck is the cat's butt. No knee time. Just walk and spray.

Maybe it comes down to, how many times does the company/agency want to be sued for sexual assault?

Before Himself was laid off I always had a friend over for coffee/tea and nibbles when I had a repair or maintenance appointment scheduled. The harassment thing can happen both ways. ;) Buddy System, just like in Girl Scouts. I was a leader...old habits don't die hard, they just don't die at all.

Our Property Management company didn't understand why I didn't want anyone in my apartment fixing things without me being awake...umm...can I come to your house at 2 am and play around the house? Took me a while to convince them that there were a few days a week they were not welcome to wander in, those were the nights I had to work and HAD to sleep so I could function. This, of course, when I was working night shift.

Next time go to Rent A Tool and rent one. :angel:

Our Property Management company didn't understand why I didn't want anyone in my apartment fixing things without me being awake...umm...can I come to your house at 2 am and play around the house? Took me a while to convince them that there were a few days a week they were not welcome to wander in, those were the nights I had to work and HAD to sleep so I could function. This, of course, when I was working night shift.

Our lease says if we fail to answer, they have the right to enter to make any repairs. But they do prefer that we be present. One time they did this and found me sleeping. They were gracious enough to wake me up before they proceeded. I think they were really trying to determine if I was dead or alive. Wouldn't be the first time they found a dead one. :angel:

Last edited:
Good evening :)

I have had a couple of days of tradies over her getting quotes for a few odd jobs!

Been doing a lot of ironing and housework today too

Had the heating on nearly all day today as it is ever so cold

I'm waiting for my pupils to undilate. Went for routine eye exam early this morn, and I still can't see right. Stupid dilating drops, I don't understand why they have to last so long.

Good morning :)

It is a lovely rainy, cold Saturday morning here and I have just enjoyed my forst coffee for the day :)

Time for some breakfast now :yum:

Step one of sanding and painting. Deck railings, stair risers and the apron around the base of the deck. Looks pretty good. Next is the hard stuff. Sanding and painting the deck.

We have just had a paver around to give us a quote on some paving repairs, have to wait on the quote, which no doubt will be heaps!

It is raining so much, but nice and cosy in here :)

I'm waiting for my pupils to undilate. Went for routine eye exam early this morn, and I still can't see right. Stupid dilating drops, I don't understand why they have to last so long.

Same thing happens to me and will last into the next day. Of course they say it won't but it always does. Then when it's over my eyes feel very tired .. it's just miserable.

Hope it's all better for you tomorrow Dawg.

We cosied up on the lounge and watched Despicable Me in 3D on bluray, as we are seeing the 2nd film on Monday

Finishing a project that will, at least for a time, foil our lunatic dog and her partner, our granddog.

Some of you may recall that I regularly hang laundry on the line outside. Harley and Baxter, the granddog, have never bothered things I've put on the clothesline. However.....

SOMEONE ate my basket that I kept my clothespins in! Don't know who. No one is fessing up. Hmmmm?!:mad: And I really liked that basket.

In any case my best friend and I were discussing the situation a few days ago and I've just finished what might be a solution. Well, given the penchant these two canine nutballs have for getting into mischief, it might only be a temporary fix.

I stopped at our area Goodwill store on Tuesday and bought a child's sundress for a dollar. Stitched the bottom together at the base of its ruffle. Clipped it into a plastic hanger that some shorts or some such thing came on from a store, filled it with my clothespins and will give it a spin the next time I hang laundry.

We'll see if those two thieving destroyers give it a second look. I'm happy with it.

Attachments

• 003 - Copy (4).jpg
    003 - Copy (4).jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 198
Back
Top Bottom