What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Finishing a project that will, at least for a time, foil our lunatic dog and her partner, our granddog.

Some of you may recall that I regularly hang laundry on the line outside. Harley and Baxter, the granddog, have never bothered things I've put on the clothesline. However.....

SOMEONE ate my basket that I kept my clothespins in! Don't know who. No one is fessing up. Hmmmm?!:mad: And I really liked that basket.

In any case my best friend and I were discussing the situation a few days ago and I've just finished what might be a solution. Well, given the penchant these two canine nutballs have for getting into mischief, it might only be a temporary fix.

I stopped at our area Goodwill store on Tuesday and bought a child's sundress for a dollar. Stitched the bottom together at the base of its ruffle. Clipped it into a plastic hanger that some shorts or some such thing came on from a store, filled it with my clothespins and will give it a spin the next time I hang laundry.

We'll see if those two thieving destroyers give it a second look. I'm happy with it.

:ROFLMAO: Have you checked Glenn's teeth, Katie? How can you be sure it was the dogs who ate your basket?

What a clever idea!

:ROFLMAO: Have you checked Glenn's teeth, Katie? How can you be sure it was the dogs who ate your basket?

What a clever idea!

Thanks, Dawg. No, I'm pretty sure it wasn't Glenn. He's a dipped-and-dyed carnivore. Now, if the basket had been made of beef or bacon, he might have been among the list of likely suspects.

I like the idea and it is going to be a better item than what I've been using. Glenn had made me a replacement using a heavy ice cream bucket. It worked okay but if any water got into it, the clothespins got yucky. Even with drain holes drilled in the bottom.

At least this little fabric number can breathe and dry out if and when necessary.

I've been reading back through a couple of likely threads, trying to find where someone asked me a question about an old movie -- the scene that prompted the question was where Harry's old friends, when Harry died and at his request, took his cremains to the seaside to cast them into the water. I finally thought of the answer but now can't find where the posts were.

The answer: A Michael Caine movie -- Last Call. Pretty good comedy as I recall.

Rats. Guess this should have gone under stray thoughts. Then again, well, that's what I was doing.

I've been reading back through a couple of likely threads, trying to find where someone asked me a question about an old movie -- the scene that prompted the question was where Harry's old friends, when Harry died and at his request, took his cremains to the seaside to cast them into the water. I finally thought of the answer but now can't find where the posts were.

The answer: A Michael Caine movie -- Last Call. Pretty good comedy as I recall.

Rats. Guess this should have gone under stray thoughts. Then again, well, that's what I was doing.

:LOL: I may need to rent it for the fam damily. Tin, I've told several folks your story about romantically casting your DH's cremains off his beloved dock in hopes of him floating to the Gulf, and subsequently dropping like a rock. You've made my day several times! :)

I am sitting here watching for the second time Lidia Celebrates America. This one is about becoming an American citizen. How many of you have ever been to a swearing in for our new citizens? I have been to two. One by invitation on the U.S.S. Constitution (Old Ironsides) and then at the one they hold every year at Fanuiel Hall when my first husband was sworn in. I think it is the most moving ceremony you can ever attend.

When my husband was sworn in, all of the new citizens were given little American flags. They raised their right hand, took their oath and then a lot of them kissed their flag. I don't think there was a dry eye in the place. Next there was a man sitting off to the side and the new citizens went over and signed up to register to vote. That was so important to them. A lot of them had never voted in their lives. At this time communism was still very active in Europe. Some of these new citizens risked their lives to get to America.

If you ever have the opportunity to attend a swearing in for new citizens, try to attend. There were a lot of teenagers there with their parents. A good lesson for them and the importance of freedom for those who never had it before they came to America. :angel:

:LOL: I may need to rent it for the fam damily. Tin, I've told several folks your story about romantically casting your DH's cremains off his beloved dock in hopes of him floating to the Gulf, and subsequently dropping like a rock. You've made my day several times! :)

You know, it was even kinda funny at the time -- and that wasn't a very funny time. :) My own little theater of the absurd.

We are about to go for a walk :)

We then have mum coming over for lunch, so we will be making a pizza, ham and pineapple her favourite :)

We are all getting out in the garden after lunch as we are changing some plants around the border of our back garden, mum sais that she would like the existing ones to plant in her garden, so we are all getting out there and digging them up and putting them on some plastic sheeting in her boot, so she can take them home and plant them all...there are 6 of them!

We then have mum coming over for lunch, so we will be making a pizza, ham and pineapple her favourite :)

We are all getting out in the garden after lunch as we are changing some plants around the border of our back garden, mum sais that she would like the existing ones to plant in her garden, so we are all getting out there and digging them up and putting them on some plastic sheeting in her boot, so she can take them home and plant them all...there are 6 of them!

Kylie, I have an image in my head of you putting 6 plants in your mum's (galoshes) boot! Yes, I know boot means the trunk of her car in Oz, not in her rain shoe! :LOL:

Got back from my first cousins surprise 60th birthday party. She was surprised but knew something was going on. I ate about 400 calories over what I was supposed to have today. : ( Looks like it's clearing up outside, may be a good time to walk the dog.

...We then have mum coming over for lunch, so we will be making a pizza, ham and pineapple her favourite...

Next time you make a Hawaiian pizza you could, if you want to, doctor up a slice worth with a few almond slices and a very light sprinkle of cinnamon. A pizza chain back in OH does theirs that way (also use provolone as the cheese) and we think they are very good. Something just a little different!

Well if you are making a Hawaiian pizza, don't forget the Spam. :angel:

I'm waiting for my pupils to undilate. Went for routine eye exam early this morn, and I still can't see right. Stupid dilating drops, I don't understand why they have to last so long.

Mine barely last 4 hours and it's never so bad I can't drive home. I have transitions lenses and also wear the silly cheap eyeglass covers. No problem.

Mine barely last 4 hours and it's never so bad I can't drive home. I have transitions lenses and also wear the silly cheap eyeglass covers. No problem.

I have monovision (one eye for near, the other for distance) and It doesn't help that I'm a natural klutz anyway. And I can drive. Took about 8 hours to wear off.

Last edited:
Next time you make a Hawaiian pizza you could, if you want to, doctor up a slice worth with a few almond slices and a very light sprinkle of cinnamon. A pizza chain back in OH does theirs that way (also use provolone as the cheese) and we think they are very good. Something just a little different!

That does sound lovely, thank you CG :)

Kylie, I have an image in my head of you putting 6 plants in your mum's (galoshes) boot! Yes, I know boot means the trunk of her car in Oz, not in her rain shoe! :LOL:

:LOL: :LOL:

DL, we call rain shoes, wellies over here, wellington boots :)

Yes, that would be funny if she was trying to stuff them all in a boot :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom