"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #5831
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Just made two pans of apple squares to take to a get together at SIL's tomorrow night. This recipe is the simplest, easiest, best-tasting apple dessert.
Recipe, recipe, recipe...please!
__________________

__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #5832
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,387
Apples
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #5833
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 15,159
Fantastic, Andy. I needed something to make for dessert this coming week and this seems perfect.
__________________
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #5834
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,387
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Fantastic, Andy. I needed something to make for dessert this coming week and this seems perfect.

I've been making this for years and people love it (as do I). So simple and outstanding with vanilla ice cream.
__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #5835
Certified Cake Maniac
 
LPBeier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Great "Wet" North, Surrey, BC
Posts: 18,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I've been making this for years and people love it (as do I). So simple and outstanding with vanilla ice cream.
I expected you to say "So simple and outstanding I can make it with one arm tied in a sling!"

It does sound delish and I am going to try it.
__________________
Living gluten/dairy/sugar/fat/caffiene-free and loving it!


http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #5836
Executive Chef
 
chopper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L.

We were out in Denver to visit our son this August. When we were coming down from Pikes Peak on the Clog train we were right next to the "top" of a rainbow. Oh my gosh, I have never seen anything so beautiful. I am so glad I got to share this experience with my DH, son and 10 year old grandson. I will never forget the vivid colors, they almost looked liquid.
That sounds breathtaking JoAnn. I feel blessed to live in such a beautiful state.
__________________
No matter where I serve my guests, it seems they like my kitchen best!
chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #5837
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
When I lived in Hawaii, I used to take the bus that went over the Pali Pass. You could look out the window and look down on the clouds. Not the best thing for someone who is afraid of heights. But I was always so fascinated by the beautiful sight, that in spite of myself, I would look out the window. Mother Nature so often gives us beauty where we least expect it. I would have loved to see the top of a rainbow.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #5838
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,059
Here it is 5 a.m. and I am wide awake. I was just putting out my pills for the morning dose. There are two new blue pills that were never discussed with me. The doctor never gives me any new medication without discussing it first and letting me know the reason why. I eat at least one banana a day. Often two. I love bananas. After carefully checking the dosages it is listed as potassium. But on my med sheet it says for blood pressure control. If this was for blood pressure control, I would be dead in about an hour. I have LOW blood pressure. This is the second major screwup that could have been fatal for me. I don't need the potassium, and I had to have my blood pressure meds reduced drastically due to my low presssure. But my pill identifier says it is potassium.

I have no choice but to use this pharamacy. It is part of the health plan. I will call them as soon as they open up. If they don't have a damn good explanation, I will be filing another legal complaint. Right now I am so upset, I am shaking.
__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #5839
Head Chef
 
tinlizzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 2,003
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
That sounds breathtaking JoAnn. I feel blessed to live in such a beautiful state.
My Denver-dwellling daughter just sent me some photos from her weekend trip - one of the pictures was of Bishop's Castle. You surely do have a beautiful state.
__________________
No matter how simple it seems, it's complicated.
tinlizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #5840
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,886
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Here it is 5 a.m. and I am wide awake. I was just putting out my pills for the morning dose. There are two new blue pills that were never discussed with me. The doctor never gives me any new medication without discussing it first and letting me know the reason why. I eat at least one banana a day. Often two. I love bananas. After carefully checking the dosages it is listed as potassium. But on my med sheet it says for blood pressure control. If this was for blood pressure control, I would be dead in about an hour. I have LOW blood pressure. This is the second major screwup that could have been fatal for me. I don't need the potassium, and I had to have my blood pressure meds reduced drastically due to my low presssure. But my pill identifier says it is potassium.

I have no choice but to use this pharamacy. It is part of the health plan. I will call them as soon as they open up. If they don't have a damn good explanation, I will be filing another legal complaint. Right now I am so upset, I am shaking.
Oh Addie! What a PITA. I'm so glad you pay attention to your meds so you caught this.
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.