"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 09-28-2012, 06:33 PM   #5831
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Just made two pans of apple squares to take to a get together at SIL's tomorrow night. This recipe is the simplest, easiest, best-tasting apple dessert.
Recipe, recipe, recipe...please!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #5832
Certified Pretend Chef

Apples

Old 09-28-2012, 08:07 PM   #5833
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Fantastic, Andy. I needed something to make for dessert this coming week and this seems perfect.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #5834
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
Fantastic, Andy. I needed something to make for dessert this coming week and this seems perfect.

I've been making this for years and people love it (as do I). So simple and outstanding with vanilla ice cream.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 PM   #5835
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
I've been making this for years and people love it (as do I). So simple and outstanding with vanilla ice cream.
I expected you to say "So simple and outstanding I can make it with one arm tied in a sling!"

It does sound delish and I am going to try it.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #5836
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoAnn L.

We were out in Denver to visit our son this August. When we were coming down from Pikes Peak on the Clog train we were right next to the "top" of a rainbow. Oh my gosh, I have never seen anything so beautiful. I am so glad I got to share this experience with my DH, son and 10 year old grandson. I will never forget the vivid colors, they almost looked liquid.
That sounds breathtaking JoAnn. I feel blessed to live in such a beautiful state.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:04 AM   #5837
Chef Extraordinaire

When I lived in Hawaii, I used to take the bus that went over the Pali Pass. You could look out the window and look down on the clouds. Not the best thing for someone who is afraid of heights. But I was always so fascinated by the beautiful sight, that in spite of myself, I would look out the window. Mother Nature so often gives us beauty where we least expect it. I would have loved to see the top of a rainbow.
Old 09-29-2012, 05:36 AM   #5838
Chef Extraordinaire

Here it is 5 a.m. and I am wide awake. I was just putting out my pills for the morning dose. There are two new blue pills that were never discussed with me. The doctor never gives me any new medication without discussing it first and letting me know the reason why. I eat at least one banana a day. Often two. I love bananas. After carefully checking the dosages it is listed as potassium. But on my med sheet it says for blood pressure control. If this was for blood pressure control, I would be dead in about an hour. I have LOW blood pressure. This is the second major screwup that could have been fatal for me. I don't need the potassium, and I had to have my blood pressure meds reduced drastically due to my low presssure. But my pill identifier says it is potassium.

I have no choice but to use this pharamacy. It is part of the health plan. I will call them as soon as they open up. If they don't have a damn good explanation, I will be filing another legal complaint. Right now I am so upset, I am shaking.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:07 AM   #5839
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
That sounds breathtaking JoAnn. I feel blessed to live in such a beautiful state.
My Denver-dwellling daughter just sent me some photos from her weekend trip - one of the pictures was of Bishop's Castle. You surely do have a beautiful state.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:15 AM   #5840
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Here it is 5 a.m. and I am wide awake. I was just putting out my pills for the morning dose. There are two new blue pills that were never discussed with me. The doctor never gives me any new medication without discussing it first and letting me know the reason why. I eat at least one banana a day. Often two. I love bananas. After carefully checking the dosages it is listed as potassium. But on my med sheet it says for blood pressure control. If this was for blood pressure control, I would be dead in about an hour. I have LOW blood pressure. This is the second major screwup that could have been fatal for me. I don't need the potassium, and I had to have my blood pressure meds reduced drastically due to my low presssure. But my pill identifier says it is potassium.

I have no choice but to use this pharamacy. It is part of the health plan. I will call them as soon as they open up. If they don't have a damn good explanation, I will be filing another legal complaint. Right now I am so upset, I am shaking.
Oh Addie! What a PITA. I'm so glad you pay attention to your meds so you caught this.