What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a fabulous day in the city, we both throughly enjoyed it! The weather was perfect, so sunny and warm, not a cloud in the sky! We went to the Central Market and had a good look around.

We spotted Callum there, the runner up of Masterchef Australia season 2...I was chuffed, he is such a nice guy and we loved watching him in that season.

We had the camera with us so Steve asked Callum if he wouldnt mind having a photo taken with me :) So it was nice to have one with him ;)

Ended up buying some macarons, they were delicious! Also some crusty potato and rosemary bread, some big long fresh cheese sticks and also some lovely baklava for dessert tonight, they look delicious!

We then went for a walk around the River Torrens, so lovely down there and then headed into the shopping central and looked around at a few shops.

Ended up a The London Tavern for a lovely lunch. I had Atlantic Salmon, with the skin on YUM, which was sooooo tasty, served with lovely chips, salad and an aioli sauce and Steve had Butter Chicken, the chicken was soooo tender, YUM!!

Then we were so tired we thought we better head home, we were out for 6 hours, very tired and have sore feet :LOL:

Fantastic day :)

Tomorrow a rest day for my birthday I think ;)

Sounds lovely Kylie.

There is an ad on the TV for these Bake A Bone. It is like the Pie Maker only the shape is like a bone. It cost $14.99. I am thinking on getting it to make treats for Teddy. You get a recipe book with it. I will have to order it after the first of the month. I am going to look for it first on line. Sometimes it is cheaper there.

Well, I found a site for "Does It Work" at a station in Penn. They went to a dog pound and two out of six dogs would eat them next to a store bought one. Guess I won't be getting it. I want better results than that. Of course they made the peanut butter ones that come with the machine. You can make the plain ones and add bacon and other treats that you know your dog likes. I am going to have to think on it.

Last edited:
Bracing myself to go out to vote. It's hot hot again, our little home weather station recorded 89.4 as the high - so far. Temp already dropped back .2 degrees so we're probably not going to have our own personal heat wave in our back yard. I mean, when it gets THAT hot you kinda want something to show for it. :neutral:

Well, it is my birthday today :)

We are still so tired from our big day out yesterday, so we will relax a bit today!

Tonight we are heading out for dinner to a lovely restaurant that we have been to once before which has south eastern asian cuisine...so really looking forward to that :)

Happy Birthday Kylie!

What am I doing?
Sitting here with a huge glass of wine trying to calm myself from a medical testing ordeal today. I never expected a "stereotactic needle biopsy" of the breast to be so stressful or difficult but it sure was, and I'm no weenie. Just having to lay face down on a table with a hole in it for 30 minutes without moving about killed my neck and back, not to mention when the needle arrived for the Novocaine that didn't work the first three times, and then the actual needle biopsy. By the time I was able to get off the dang table after that amount of time, I fainted. Not a good day, but home safe and sound now with my glass of wine. Cheers!
I won't know the results for 3-5 days.......oh joy!

Steve is fixing us a nice shrimp salad for dinner.

Kayelle, you deserve that wine! I have had that test and another where they leave a marker in the breast(or maybe it's the same one. I nearly passed out too as the same thing happened to me with the novocaine/ lidocaine and then when they tried to take the biopsy they must have hit a vein because blood was spurting clear across the room (all over the nurse and me) they weren't able to get the whole biopsy and had to quit because of all the blood. The results were negative, thank goodness I hope your results are negative too. I will be sending a little prayer up for you. I feel your pain in more ways than one! Keep your chin up and have another glass of wine ;)
Oh and "what am I doing"? ......trying to think of something for dinner :(

Aww, your sweet words mean a lot to me, SB and thank you for them. Geeze, that's not the piece of cake I thought it would be, and pray my results are the same as yours. Yes, they left a "marker" in there too but said I won't set off any airport alarms, so I'm good to go. The novicane is starting to wear off now, so I'll be pouring more wine I think.;)

I want to meet the @#*&*3&^%@* doctor that thinks up these tests to do to women. Then I want to put them through all of them all day long. I have no doubt that they save lives, but come on. Work on finding a less painful way. :angel:

Gah! Oh, Kayelle, {{{hugs}}}. Oh, sweetie, what Addie said!! Have another glass!

I was receiving twice a year a total body MRI. More radiation than I was willing to endure. Laying on that hard table trying so hard to not move, (Oh God get me out of this!). I have arthritis in the base of my spine. By the time I got off that table, they had to give me a shot for the pain. I was unable to even stand up. The next time it came time for another one I rebelled. Now they only do them if necessary. If I should start to experience more severe pain in my spine and hip, then I will go in for another one. But for now, NO! The Vicodin takes care of it for me. As the patient, I have the right to refuse. And I do. :angel:

I want to meet the @#*&*3&^%@* doctor that thinks up these tests to do to women. Then I want to put them through all of them all day long. I have no doubt that they save lives, but come on. Work on finding a less painful way. :angel:

Thanks Addie, and I couldn't agree more.

I was just explaining to Steve what it would be like to have a testicle hanging through a hole on a table face down for a half hour without moving a muscle and a vice pressing on it several times before it's finally jabbed with several needles. Shoot, many men would never show up for the test.

Frankly with this physical contortion of a test, you would think the least they could do is design a table like a massage table with a padded hole for your face! That contraption is actually comfortable. My neck and shoulders still hurts after all these hours on that idiot table with your face to the side without moving for all that time.

Trust me, I'll never complain about an ordinary yearly mammogram again!

Last edited:
Aww, your sweet words mean a lot to me, SB and thank you for them. Geeze, that's not the piece of cake I thought it would be, and pray my results are the same as yours. Yes, they left a "marker" in there too but said I won't set off any airport alarms, so I'm good to go. The novicane is starting to wear off now, so I'll be pouring more wine I think.;)

Sorry about that Kayelle! I had the same thing, too not any fun at all. I hope all comes out negative.

Back
Top Bottom