What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just reading the What are you doing thread... :angel:

mmmm, pumpkin spice bread. That sounds like something that would go well with a glass of cold milk :yum:

I bet it would! I'm thinking of using the leftover pumpkin to make pumpkin cream cheese for on top.

I'm trying to find a laptop computer that I like. Bureau en Gros (that's what Staples is called in Quebec) sent me a coupon for $75 off any laptop computer over $499 and I need a new laptop, since the one I had is dead.

I keep finding stuff that looks good, but it's not available within 20 km. Some are available on line, some, it isn't clear. I'm pulling my hair.

I am going crossed eyed. There are too many to choose from. I'm tired of looking at computers that don't have the specs I want and I have to open up a new tab or page to see the info. grrrr

Which brands do you guys like?

NEGATIVE !!

Oh happy day!! The first thing out of my mouth was "thank you Lord"!! Then I cried like a baby, then I threw up. TMI?
Thanks for holding your breath with me, dear ones.
I was REALLY SCARED. Phew!!! :clap::punk::clap:

So pleased to hear Kayelle :)

I'm trying to find a laptop computer that I like. Bureau en Gros (that's what Staples is called in Quebec) sent me a coupon for $75 off any laptop computer over $499 and I need a new laptop, since the one I had is dead.

I keep finding stuff that looks good, but it's not available within 20 km. Some are available on line, some, it isn't clear. I'm pulling my hair.

I am going crossed eyed. There are too many to choose from. I'm tired of looking at computers that don't have the specs I want and I have to open up a new tab or page to see the info. grrrr

Will they ship it to a closer store?
Of course, you still need to pick one ;)

Those Staples coupons always seem to end up costing me more money!

I use a Gateway NV53A and by the time I get rid of it I will love it!

Like Joni Mitchell in Big Yellow Taxi - "Don't it always seem to go, That you don't know what you've got, Till it's gone!" :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I have house guests from out of state for a week, and I'm waiting for them to return from a tour we set them out on. It was a good break; we're both childless couples (us, completely; him with an adult married kid, she, like me, completely childless-by-choice) --in other words, all of us used to doing whatever we want when we want to. So I've tried to arrange alone time for them as well as us so we aren't constantly on top of each other. It has worked well, I think.

Have a lovely time with your guests Claire, sounds good!

Lovely sunny day here, blue skies and I have had a lovely sleep!

Today we are going for a walk, too nice a day not to and also I have to help with some of our Solitaire game today, I have to make the levels for it

Other than that, nice relaxing one :)

Good morning! Always seems funny to me that you are starting your day when we are sitting down to eat here. Don't you just love the Internet? Have an enjoyable day, I know I have had a good one. :mrgreen:

Good evening Chops :)

Thank you xxx

I am pleased to hear you have had a good day, your pizza looks amazing btw :yum:

Good morning! Always seems funny to me that you are starting your day when we are sitting down to eat here. Don't you just love the Internet? Have an enjoyable day, I know I have had a good one. :mrgreen:

+1! Same here.

NEGATIVE !!

Oh happy day!! The first thing out of my mouth was "thank you Lord"!! Then I cried like a baby, then I threw up. TMI?

Yaaaayyy! {{{hugs}}}

Been out for a nice walk...lovely, lovely day out there :)

Also done some cleaning, washed the dishes and now relaxing with a cuppa on this fine Saturday morning :)

Thanks so much for the good wishes from all of you. Pac, and Andy, you cracked me up.....I love manly humor..;) :LOL:

Kayelle, just think of all the trips you are going to be able to take now with hubby. There is still a lot of world you haven't seen yet. Great news. Who would have thought that the word NEGATIVE would sound like a symphony. :angel:

NEGATIVE !!

Happy, Happy Day! I'm so glad you had the testiung done, no matter how uncomfortable it was. I'm just glad you didn't throw up in front of me...:ermm:

I know how scary it is to hear "malignant"...and then hearing it a second time. Then a couple years later hearing my Mom say it, too.

It's really quite simple and very inexpensive. Probably no more than $3.00 for a whole gallon of the stuff.

All you need is a gallon of white vinegar (5% acidity minimum), 1 cup iodized table salt, and 1/4 cup liquid dish detergent (like Dawn). Mix everything together and put into a spray bottle or use a sprayer if you have one. Spray the foliage well and then the base of the vegetation you wish to kill. Saturate on the first pass. We did and haven't really had to do any touch-ups. Maybe just a few little spots but, then, only a few days later just to be thorough.

Glenn is amazed at how well it works and the stuff has solved a problem he had for years and years near the garage door. Can't remember when we sprayed that area, probably nearing 2 months now, but there's NO sign of any vegetation.

We also learned, to our wonder and joy, that it also kills the heck out of poison ivy and poison oak, which we have in abundance here.

This really interests me. Thanks Katie!

Back
Top Bottom