"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-03-2012, 09:59 PM   #5941
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker View Post
You do very beautiful work addie. I am sure they are precious family heirlooms. You are very talented.
+2

Old 10-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #5942
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
+2
Thank you TL.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:30 PM   #5943
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Cleaning up the house for the cleaning lady who will hopefully show up tomorrow. I need a precleaning lady to clean up prior to the cleaning lady. This place is a pig sty. Coming back from traveling and having suitcases all over does not make it any better. Oh well, we were able to have a nice walk with Beagle, and it was Survivor night!
Old 10-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #5944
Master Chef

Just finished listening to the P and the wannaP debate each other.

The debate was interesting but, I cannot stand having the pundits rehash it and explain it to me like I am brain dead!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:17 PM   #5945
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
Cleaning up the house for the cleaning lady who will hopefully show up tomorrow. I need a precleaning lady to clean up prior to the cleaning lady. This place is a pig sty. Coming back from traveling and having suitcases all over does not make it any better. Oh well, we were able to have a nice walk with Beagle, and it was Survivor night!
Is there some law that says you are supposed to clean before the cleaning lady comes? Even the women here who have cleaning ladies because they are unable to do it themselves, clean before the cleaning lady comes. During the time when I had a cleaning lady, I never cleaned up first. That was her job. If she finished before her alloted four hours, she lost pay. So I let her clean. I did have certain jobs I asked her do once a month. Like wipe down the window sills that were high up and hard to reach. So I got her a step stool with three steps. Everyone I have ever known that has or had a cleaning lady, cleaned before they came. We have one man here who separates his laundry before his aide shows up on Wednesday. Then he puts it in separate bags so she won't have to do it. I don't understand it.

Sign me
Baffled!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:31 PM   #5946
Certified Pretend Chef

My sister cleans for the cleaning lady. I think it's because she doesn't want to be seen as sloppy.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:38 PM   #5947
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

I think for us it's clutter. If I don't put stuff away, either I will never find it again, or it shows up in the strangest places. My CL also likes to play "hide the vaccuum cleaner attachments." I never can find them when I need them, even though they fit right on the vac.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:00 AM   #5948
Chef Extraordinaire

Maybe it is because I live alone, I put things away after I use them. In a small apartment, clutter can build up very fast. I use to leave things out because I was going to come right back to it. That never happened. Then I started to do 'commercial cleaning'. Every time a commercial came on I would jump up and clean something. Most commercials last two to four minutes. You would be surprised how much you can get done in that time. Wipe down the window sills, wipe off fingerprints from light switches, put most of the dishes away, empty wastebaskets, etc. No major cleaning, just little jobs. If a room is a disaster, start in one corner. If you see just one clean spot in the room, it gives you the incentive to finish the job.
Old 10-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #5949
Executive Chef

This made me laugh Dawgluver. We had a cleaning lady for awhile.....we had to hide the vacuum attachments from her because she was actually using the furniture upholstery attachment to vacuum the floors! I couldn't believe it, it's like 5 or 6 inches wide and we have about 2200 sq. ft of hardwood and tile (she wasn't responsible for the unfinished basement). No wonder she couldn't get finished in 4 hours! Lol!

Oh and "what am I doing right now?" Just finished vacuuming bedroom, on-suite and the stairs, then washed the stairs and wiped the rails and uprights. I'm tired.... ;-)
Old 10-04-2012, 06:47 AM   #5950
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm trying to wake up so I can drive the hubster to see our family doctor. She has walk-in clinic from 08h00 - 09h00 today. I hope the traffic isn't too bad.