"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #5991
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
So my son comes once again to my rescue. He showed up with Daylight White squiggly light bulbs for all four lamps and the overhead light. I feel like I have a Hollywood spotlight on me. What a differnce. He brought eight of them and so I still have some replacements. I have finally seen the light!
Yeah Addie! Those bulbs can really make a difference.

I am trying to retrain my fingers to work with my new acrylic nails...a birthday present from a friend. I am trying to get a good picture but they are too sparkly and aren't good with the flash, but look dull without it. Typing isn't too bad, but other tasks are a challenge. But they are fun!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:30 PM   #5992
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post

I am trying to retrain my fingers to work with my new acrylic nails...a birthday present from a friend. I am trying to get a good picture but they are too sparkly and aren't good with the flash, but look dull without it. Typing isn't too bad, but other tasks are a challenge. But they are fun!
I have had those, back in the '80s. They were fun and the nail polish stays on them nicer than on real nails.

There are a number of things that are easier to do with a knuckle, like dialing the phone or pushing buttons.

Old 10-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #5993
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:

When I worked for Key Bank, there were two IT girls that had them. What protuded over the edge of their fingers was longer than the bed part that was glued on. I don't know how they did it, but they could type like a bat out of hell with them. Sometimes they are just too long and look grotesque. Only once in my life did I have nice nails. And they didn't last too long. I found they got in the way. I didn't have the patience to try and work around them.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:38 PM   #5994
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
I have had those, back in the '80s. They were fun and the nail polish stays on them nicer than on real nails.

There are a number of things that are easier to do with a knuckle, like dialing the phone or pushing buttons.
Yeah, my knuckles come in handy! I actually already use them for a lot of push buttons (my stove for one) because my arthritic fingers aren't always strong enough. These are a little longer than I wanted, but they will just be on until they start coming off and then I will probably not get them again....unless there is another special occasion! My friends wanted to help me to really feel special on my birthday so one gave me the nails and the other gave me a facial and makeup. My hairdresser, who is also a friend, cut and styled my hair for free. Then DH took me to dinner (yes, CW I still owe you a review!). What a day of pampering it was!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #5995
Master Chef

Just got back from having lunch with my 10 year old grandson. This afternoon we are going to watch Star Wars ( the first one). I had them all but I loaned someone the last one and never got it back. I said something about it one day and they said that they don't have it, and they didn't offer to replace it, so one of these days I will have to buy another copy. The last time we had a Star Wars weekend I got it from Netflix.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #5996
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, my knuckles come in handy! I actually already use them for a lot of push buttons (my stove for one) because my arthritic fingers aren't always strong enough. These are a little longer than I wanted, but they will just be on until they start coming off and then I will probably not get them again....unless there is another special occasion! My friends wanted to help me to really feel special on my birthday so one gave me the nails and the other gave me a facial and makeup. My hairdresser, who is also a friend, cut and styled my hair for free. Then DH took me to dinner (yes, CW I still owe you a review!). What a day of pampering it was!
Gee, and I have a mammogram and pelvic scheduled for my birthday...I need better friends.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #5997
Master Chef

DD #2 has been sick all week with a virus and I have been up every night with her so not much sleep. She also had a rash which the doctor gave a cream for. It has gotten so bad she was crying from pain. The doctor said give a couple days for the cream to work but has gotten worse. This morning it was so bad hub took her back to doctor. Sometimes the wait is so long especially on saturday. I need to pick DD #1 up from work so I stayed home. I got call from hub saying he is at the hospital!! It is a cyst! They need to wait for a doctor to come and take care of it. So I am waiting to hear whats going on. I am going crazy waiting.

Just got another call. They are waiting on blood work to see what her white blood cell count is and how bad the infection is. They gave her a shot of morphine and she sounds high as a kite. I am going to be a wreck driving.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:21 PM   #5998
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet View Post
DD #2 has been sick all week with a virus and I have been up every night with her so not much sleep. She also had a rash which the doctor gave a cream for. It has gotten so bad she was crying from pain. The doctor said give a couple days for the cream to work but has gotten worse. This morning it was so bad hub took her back to doctor. Sometimes the wait is so long especially on saturday. I need to pick DD #1 up from work so I stayed home. I got call from hub saying he is at the hospital!! It is a cyst! They need to wait for a doctor to come and take care of it. So I am waiting to hear whats going on. I am going crazy waiting.

Just got another call. They are waiting on blood work to see what her white blood cell count is and how bad the infection is. They gave her a shot of morphine and she sounds high as a kite. I am going to be a wreck driving.
Please concentrate on your driving and drive carefully.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #5999
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Having a blast playing with our new toy...a Bose music system with a multi-CD changer. It's awesome and we've given it quite a workout playing all sorts of CDs.

We didn't go on a vacation this year for an assortment of reasons so we took some of the money we'd saved for that and spent it on the Bose system. Money well spent.

Later...la, la, la.............
Old 10-06-2012, 03:29 PM   #6000
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmofet

Oh, MsM! Take Taxlady's advice, deep breaths, it will be OK. Morphine will make a person sound and act differently.

Take care, Sweetie!