What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You won't get a low-sodium Clamato because it contains MSG (which V8 doesn't). That is why I could never drink Clamato as I am highly sensitive to MSG. I am not sure why it is used, but is in canned clam chowder as well.

Interesting. Thanks LP!

I am so glad it is a cooler day today as I have to bake several sheet cakes for an order for Friday. I am making 200 individual "castle" cakes for a kids day camp at the church. I make their final snack every year and it is a labour of love. I do the baking, get all the pieces together and volunteers put them together tomorrow and Friday.

Before that, we have to head across the river for our gluten free bread. I used to make it until we found this bakery that makes the best GF bread we have ever tasted - potato flax. It looks like and has the texture of french bread and as long as it is used fresh or kept frozen, it never goes like cardboard. I have never found a recipe! We make the 1.5 hour round trip about once a month.

Last edited:
I'm vegging out on the couch for a while longer. I've got a long day of work ahead and its quiet and calm here at the moment. I was up stupidly early so I might just have myself a morning nap too.

Went to a going away party for one of the Therapists. I had a Virgin Caesar(bloody mary), Crab stuffed avocado salad and, once Happy Hour was over, a Tanquaray and Tonic with lime.

All the while Poor Shrek was sitting at home pining away waiting for your return while you were becoming a party animal. :angel:

Went to the store this morning and bought a jar of HELLMANN'S (new) REAL WHIPPED TANGY DRESSING. Never saw this before. To me it still taste like their mayonnaise but it does have a little sharp taste to it. I do like it.

Went to the store this morning and bought a jar of HELLMANN'S (new) REAL WHIPPED TANGY DRESSING. Never saw this before. To me it still taste like their mayonnaise but it does have a little sharp taste to it. I do like it.

Will look for it, sounds good.

I'm saying "Phew!" Our power was out for about 15 minutes. I think a lot of people have their A/C cranked way up today. It's 33C and feels like 42C!

I tried the Miracle Whip mixed with the Mayo for the potato salad. Didn't care for that combo at all. Thank goodness I bought a small jar of MW. Will have to look for a small jar of Hellman's new product. Hopefully it can be found in a small jar also. I hate to buy a new product in the large size and find I don't like it in the end.

Now the Hidden Valley new line of products starting with their Farmhouse Dressings to their new sandwich spreads, those are winners in my book. I always go for the ones that have garlic and Parmesan Cheese. And HV has never let me down yet. I wish their Farmhouse Parmesan Dressing came in gallon size jugs. I could make a meal out of that. :angel:

I have to go out and water the plants and gardens. Everything is dry and droopy, and our heat index continues into triple digits. I'm dragging my feet....

I was out for ten minutes. That was enough.
I noticed that when the AC kicks on I get a power flicker. I've never had that before. Definitely a lot of power usage on the grid.
All this talk of refreshing drinks has me hankering for a horchata.

I haven't been outside since last week and I intend to keep it that way until this heat wave breaks. I am no dummy! I am so glad my mailbox is inside the building. :angel:

I did some mowing again today. I have guests coming in tomorrow, and I don't want to have to mow when they are here. Now I need to shower and run to the store before time to fix supper.

I mentioned in the dinner thread that we were almost in a serious accident - a car behind us was speeding while we were stopped at a light and just before he hit he swerved, pulling on his emergency brake (which probably saved his life) and rammed into the back of a flatbed tow-truck. The driver was shaken up but only minor injuries and the tow truck driver ended up towing the car away. I am singing praises for sure.

This has thrown my timetable off and I just found out that the function I have been providing baked goods for this week needs extra for Friday on top of the 200 mini castle cakes I am making for the children that day. So I am thankful the air-conditioner is working!

It also means I need a trip to the store in there for more ingredients so I better get off the computer and get to work! :LOL:

I forgot about that one. We don't go to Superstore (our PC stores out here, I think you have Loblaw's) that often.
Yup, we have Loblaw's and Maxi. I noticed at a bar that had gone cheap and bought the PC tomato-clam instead of the Clamato. I had a quick look at the ingredients, and woohoo, no MSG (or even yeast extract).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom