What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I mentioned in the dinner thread that we were almost in a serious accident - a car behind us was speeding while we were stopped at a light and just before he hit he swerved, pulling on his emergency brake (which probably saved his life) and rammed into the back of a flatbed tow-truck. The driver was shaken up but only minor injuries and the tow truck driver ended up towing the car away. I am singing praises for sure.

This has thrown my timetable off and I just found out that the function I have been providing baked goods for this week needs extra for Friday on top of the 200 mini castle cakes I am making for the children that day. So I am thankful the air-conditioner is working!

It also means I need a trip to the store in there for more ingredients so I better get off the computer and get to work! :LOL:

Oh dear, glad you're OK, LP!

I'm listening to Stirling tax to Fido (our cell phone provider). He got a SIM card for his tablet and will be paying $10/month for 100 kb of data. At home he uses our wireless network, but this will let him connect when there is no wireless. Well, he got the card about 1 1/2 weeks ago and it has never worked properly. Stirling hates talking to strangers. I do not want to pay $10/month for the next two years. It's a two year contract.

The call has just ended with no resolution. They say to take the Nexus 7 to a Fido store and let them try to program it. Hmmm, Stirling is an IT guy. I sure hope they can make this work.

I just finished putting together the "tough parts" on my latest pistol build. Amazing how much difference there is in fitting the different parts together. But then that's like saying all mushrooms taste alike and won't make a difference in a dish.
Now I get to tear it all down and fine tune everything.

I love me a bloody Caesar, but don't usually drink them because Clamato has a log of MSG. I drink them when they are made with store brand tomato-clam juice that doesn't have MSG.

I thought I would check to see if Clamato still has lots of MSG and found this in a Wikipedia article:

"Clamato is used primarily as a mix for alcoholic beverages (an estimated 60% of sales in the US in 2008[4]), and it is popular for this in both Canada and Mexico, but curiously much less so in the United States (outside of Canadian-American and Mexican-American communities)."

Bloody Caesar is quite a common drink up here in Canada, so I didn't get that a lot of the Yanks wouldn't know what you meant.

Another one of those funny, little cultural differences.

I don't think the one I drink every two years will bother me too much. I don't have an MSG allergy.

I had never heard of a Caesar until I moved to Montana, so I thought they were a local thing.

I am trying to get my cakes made but am having a few interuptions.

TB called to say that he got the "dreaded bridge run" today. Everyone has to drive it about once a month and this is his first time...on the same day that we had our almost collision on the exact same road. He was okay with it though - better than I was actually! At least his bus would take the impact the same as the tow truck.

Then the neighbour came over to tell me that MY car was being towed away. We have exchanged spots because her disability needs are worse than mine at the moment and it is the only spot that is accessible. My car was correctly parked in her spot and she is the only one authorized to have it towed. I knew I parked it in the right spot so I went out (cane in hand) and had a chat with the tow truck driver. He was in the whole wrong area of the complex. He lowered my car and apologized.

One tow truck saves us and another almost gave me a heart attack!:ermm:

So, back to baking.

I am trying to get my cakes made but am having a few interuptions.

TB called to say that he got the "dreaded bridge run" today. Everyone has to drive it about once a month and this is his first time...on the same day that we had our almost collision on the exact same road. He was okay with it though - better than I was actually! At least his bus would take the impact the same as the tow truck.

Then the neighbour came over to tell me that MY car was being towed away. We have exchanged spots because her disability needs are worse than mine at the moment and it is the only spot that is accessible. My car was correctly parked in her spot and she is the only one authorized to have it towed. I knew I parked it in the right spot so I went out (cane in hand) and had a chat with the tow truck driver. He was in the whole wrong area of the complex. He lowered my car and apologized.

One tow truck saves us and another almost gave me a heart attack!:ermm:

So, back to baking.

You are lucky. Around here, once your car is hooked up, you lose! Wave By, By to your car and dig deep into your pocket to get it back. Fortunately for the car owner, towing rates are regulated by the local government along with storage. And if your car has been unfortunately booted, then you better not go home and tell your spouse what happened to the car.

:wacko: When I worked in the Financial District I used to love Fridays at 5 p.m. Folks would come out of work and find a boot on their car due to an excessive amount of unpaid traffic and parking tickets. And by that hour everything was closed down. No way to pay those tickets until Monday. All you would hear was, "OMG, what am I going to tell my wife/husband. She/he will kill me." Pay those tickets folks. Don't let them pile up. But the real kicker is you can't move that car as long as there is a boot on it. In the meantime, it is collecting more tickets over the weekend for overdue parking. After 48 hours, if it is still sitting there, it is towed away. And now starts the vicious cycle. Tow charges, storage charges all on top of all those tickets. And if you are due for a license renewal, Uh uh! Ain't going to happen. As long as you have outstanding unpaid tickets, you can't get a new license or reregister your vehicle for another year. And if you have a professional license (doctor, hairdresser, nurse) you also can't renew that either if you have unpaid tickets.

Believe me I don't find any of this funny. Just the stupidity of some people. There are folks whose glove compartments are stuffed with unpaid tickets. Then they have the nerve to complain. They are the ones who park every day right under the very same sign that says "No Parking". And all because they don't want to pay a fee for a parking garage. It is even cheaper if they sign a yearly contract and they are guaranteed a parking space seven days a week. Twenty-four hours a day. A lot cheaper than trying to pay off all those tickets all at once plus all the other charges and fines. :angel:

It's way too hot to be outside, so I'm updating my PC. I rarely use it anymore as iPad is so convenient, but I have 3 gigs of data of 10 left on my Verizon plan to use up before midnight tonight, and since I'm paying for it, I'm gonna use it! I'll probably update my GPS system maps as well, while I'm at it.

It's way too hot to be outside, so I'm updating my PC. I rarely use it anymore as iPad is so convenient, but I have 3 gigs of data of 10 left on my Verizon plan to use up before midnight tonight, and since I'm paying for it, I'm gonna use it! I'll probably update my GPS system maps as well, while I'm at it.

If I had a set amount of data, I would try to use every little bit, even if I had to stream Netflix. As it is it stinks because we don't use hardly any minutes every month, but have to pay for 700, since that seems to be as low as we can go.

If I had a set amount of data, I would try to use every little bit, even if I had to stream Netflix. As it is it stinks because we don't use hardly any minutes every month, but have to pay for 700, since that seems to be as low as we can go.

I have the Share Everything plan, and don't really use much of the unlimited phone and text either. However, since Verizon is also our internet provider, it is remarkably easy to blow through 10 gigs. I have to wait till close to the end of the plan cycle in order to download anything, and forget about viewing movies and YouTubes.

I'm melting. I have to do some stuff before tomorrow morning, when the new AC gets installed. But, this weather is draining me and it's too hot to work outside.

Not been up long, had breakfast and now about to get on the exercise bike before having a lovely hot shower :)

Debating over whether I want to grocery shop today, when it's way hot, or tomorrow, when it's going to be very way hot! If nothing else, I'm a "pro" at "procrastinating". :ermm:

I have the Share Everything plan, and don't really use much of the unlimited phone and text either. However, since Verizon is also our internet provider, it is remarkably easy to blow through 10 gigs. I have to wait till close to the end of the plan cycle in order to download anything, and forget about viewing movies and YouTubes.

Are you using Verizon wireless as your internet provider? We'd never be able to do that, on any given saturday we'll blow through more than 10 gigs streaming shows!

I just got home from work. It's to hot to cook. Dh is mowing the yard then we will talk him into taking us out for stir fry tonight.

Are you using Verizon wireless as your internet provider? We'd never be able to do that, on any given saturday we'll blow through more than 10 gigs streaming shows!

Yep, it's the only thing available outside of town, unless we go with Hughesnet or Blue, which are terribly slow and unreliable. It's frustrating.

Yep, it's the only thing available outside of town, unless we go with Hughesnet or Blue, which are terribly slow and unreliable. It's frustrating.

My best friend built a house in a new neighborhood in the boonies their only option was satellite until the week she moved in, then they put fiber optics to the house, now she's got better internet than me in the city (mine's pretty good though).

Back
Top Bottom