What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My best friend built a house in a new neighborhood in the boonies their only option was satellite until the week she moved in, then they put fiber optics to the house, now she's got better internet than me in the city (mine's pretty good though).

I'm jealous! Sadly, that ain't gonna happen here.

Debating over whether I want to grocery shop today, when it's way hot, or tomorrow, when it's going to be very way hot! If nothing else, I'm a "pro" at "procrastinating". :ermm:

Ice cream freezers, dairy aisles...I'd find a reason to go every day...convince a store manager to let me sit in the walk in freezer...:LOL:

I'm thinking of throwing a couple burgers on the grill while watching Kill Bill.

Ice cream freezers, dairy aisles...I'd find a reason to go every day...convince a store manager to let me sit in the walk in freezer...:LOL:

We have central air in the house. 78 and dry feels too good to leave to go outside anywhere. Besides, I have to buy cold items. Even with a cooler and bottles of ice (I freeze old not-quite-2 quart juice bottles) I'm afraid my ice cream will melt and my steak will cook on the drive home. I've now decided to go Saturday because Friday is supposed to be 97-98 :ohmy:. Hoping I can beat any thunderstorms home. Nothing like loading groceries into the trunk while it's pouring. Sometimes I miss my van. :neutral:

I'm waiting for the AC installation guys. They are supposed to show up between 07h00 and 09h00. I'm hoping the weather doesn't prevent them from working. It's raining and we have a lightening alert! There was lightening in my town at 06h37 according to The Weather Network. The thunderstorm warning is supposed to be over at 08h00.

I'm sorta thinking it wouldn't be such a great idea for them to be working with my electricity during a thunderstorm.

The rain has stopped and the sun is peeking out. The guys are here and have started working.

It turns out that our mansard gets in the way, so we had to figure out a different way to run the lines from the heat pump into the house. Now the pipe and power will have to go inside the guest bedroom a little ways. That guest bedroom is a bit of junk room, so Stirling and I had to move a bunch of stuff off the bed (all the clothes from the closet, which has the access hatch to the attic, were on the bed) and then take apart the bed and move it. We are both pooped.

The rain has stopped and the sun is peeking out. The guys are here and have started working.

It turns out that our mansard gets in the way, so we had to figure out a different way to run the lines from the heat pump into the house. Now the pipe and power will have to go inside the guest bedroom a little ways. That guest bedroom is a bit of junk room, so Stirling and I had to move a bunch of stuff off the bed (all the clothes from the closet, which has the access hatch to the attic, were on the bed) and then take apart the bed and move it. We are both pooped.

By the time you get that AC the heatwave will break...:ermm:

I'm waiting for the AC installation guys. They are supposed to show up between 07h00 and 09h00. I'm hoping the weather doesn't prevent them from working. It's raining and we have a lightening alert! There was lightening in my town at 06h37 according to The Weather Network. The thunderstorm warning is supposed to be over at 08h00.

I'm sorta thinking it wouldn't be such a great idea for them to be working with my electricity during a thunderstorm.
Because we are on TOU, I count the minutes until 7:00 p.m. and I can afford to turn on the A/C. I set my alarm so that I can turn it off before TOU switches. Gosh, I hate this. But the basement stays cool....maybe I'll get the basement cleaned before September...

Having a cup of coffee. It's looking like a do nothing day. Do it like you mean it.
Take it to the top babyyyy.:LOL:

See what happens when people call me early in the morning and wake me up. Before 8 is rude! You would think after the 4th ring I'm not answering. So why immediately call back?

I'll probably change my mind and straighten up the garage. Well see. It will still be here tomorrow.:LOL:

They just got done putting a new roof on our house today. Poor guys , it took them 3 days because of the heat. They had to keep taking breaks. They wouldn't come in the house to cool off, they said that it would have been twice as hard to get back up on the roof. So we gave them plenty of ice cold water and we also had fans for them. They didn't complain at all, they said they were used to it. They did a beautiful job, it looks fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom