What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SO had a Dr. appt. and he called in a Rx to the wrong pharmacy. I thought the easiest way to go would be to just hop in the car and pick it up as it was nearby and I was going out anyway. Looked up directions and took off. Road closed - detour. I got really lost. Finally found the place and got the Rx. Then to the market to pick up some stuff for tonight's ceviche for dinner. Then across town to get an Italian sub from the Centre Deli and home to AC and lunch.

I am just settling down to do the Daily Telegraph crossword puzzles and sudokus. "Nigel Slater's Dish of the Day" is on TV and he is making a rather lovely looking roasted pork joint at the moment. (He roasted it with blackberries - which sounds quite unusual!)

SO had a Dr. appt. and he called in a Rx to the wrong pharmacy. I thought the easiest way to go would be to just hop in the car and pick it up as it was nearby and I was going out anyway. Looked up directions and took off. Road closed - detour. I got really lost. Finally found the place and got the Rx. Then to the market to pick up some stuff for tonight's ceviche for dinner. Then across town to get an Italian sub from the Centre Deli and home to AC and lunch.

Andy, you do know you can have your regular pharmacy contact the wrong one and have the 'script transferred to them if it is a refillable one. Will save a lot of aggravation later on. :angel:

Now where I live is a peninsular and the temps are always a couple of degrees lower than further inland. Our weather reports come from Logan Airport which is really out there on the ocean.

So I got curious. I haven't been outside in more than a week due to the high temps. I went to the official weather site out at the airport. I went into shock! It is 99ºF. out there! So then I looked at the rest of the State. The farther inland you go, the higher the temps. And there is no breeze coming in off the ocean. Am I never going to be able to get out of this apartment again?

My apartment is nice and cool. I really need to go down and check on my mail before the mailman begins to wonder why I am not picking it up. Am I dead? Am I sick? In this kind of heat the hallways are brutal. It is not so bad on the first floor. There is an AC in the laundry room and they leave the door open so the air goes out into the hall. And there are two heavy duty ACs in the Community Room. They leave them running continuously. Bless their hearts. But the second floor (my floor) and the third floor are too hot to go out into. Since heat rises, the third floor hall knocks the breath out of you.

So since I can't leave my apartment I am going to go on a cleaning spree. :angel:

I am just settling down to do the Daily Telegraph crossword puzzles and sudokus. "Nigel Slater's Dish of the Day" is on TV and he is making a rather lovely looking roasted pork joint at the moment. (He roasted it with blackberries - which sounds quite unusual!)

Aha! Another Sudoku lover! I keep a small clipboard with puzzles on my desk in front of me at all times and totally enjoy the jigsaw puzzles. Have you tried them yet?

I also keep another clipboard in the bathroom just in case I'm detained in there.

I went to the eye doctor today. First time in a few years they have not raised the prescription on my contact. I'm not sure if reaching my plateau is a good thing or a bad thing...

Well, I WAS going to go to the pool, checked it out, and every car in our subdivision is there, along with a lot of noise. Scratch that. So I put a pork roast in the CP and doused it with Coca Cola and bbq sauce.

Aha! Another Sudoku lover! I keep a small clipboard with puzzles on my desk in front of me at all times and totally enjoy the jigsaw puzzles. Have you tried them yet?

I also keep another clipboard in the bathroom just in case I'm detained in there.

:LOL: I haven't reached the stage where I keep Sudoku puzzles in the bathroom yet!

But yes, I do actually have Sudoku and Crossword puzzles available all the time otherwise! Haven't done a jigsaw puzzle in many years though.

Just started a Codeword, then on to the "quick" crossword. I'll probably leave the Cryptic crossword til tomorrow.

Well, I WAS going to go to the pool, checked it out, and every car in our subdivision is there, along with a lot of noise. Scratch that. So I put a pork roast in the CP and doused it with Coca Cola and bbq sauce.

Roast sounds really good. But, then what else did you do?

Andy, you do know you can have your regular pharmacy contact the wrong one and have the 'script transferred to them if it is a refillable one. Will save a lot of aggravation later on. :angel:

Yes, Addie, I do know that. As it had already been filled I decided to go get it and save her a trip. SO wiil have it transferred when she goes for a refill.

And then what else did you do?

:LOL: I plugged it in and turned it to high. Hoping for pulled pork in a few hours. I put a sliced onion on the bottom.

I had a "real" coke left over from my trip, and just thought it sounded good.

Last edited:
Yes, Addie, I do know that. As it had already been filled I decided to go get it and save her a trip. SO wiil have it transferred when she goes for a refill.

Thank you Andy. I always appreciate it when someone answers a question I ask. Personally, I think you made the right decision to just go and pick it up. But did you really think it would be that simple? :LOL: Detour, getting lost! Ever heard of Murphy's Law? Murphy had his eye on you! :angel:

:LOL: I plugged it in and turned it to high. Hoping for pulled pork in a few hours. I put a sliced onion on the bottom.

Still unwinding? Good! Enjoy! Take time to process it all. {{{{HUGS}}}}!

Thank you Andy. I always appreciate it when someone answers a question I ask. Personally, I think you made the right decision to just go and pick it up. But did you really think it would be that simple? :LOL: Detour, getting lost! Ever heard of Murphy's Law? Murphy had his eye on you! :angel:

I'm willing to admit my sense of direction is world class awful. I almost called the cops once to report my car's being stolen from a mall parking lot because I couldn't find it. I eventually found it.

So any detour is a challenge. I even try to out guess myself and turn left if my first thought is to turn right, knowing I'm always wrong. Those are the times I was right.

I'm willing to admit my sense of direction is world class awful. I almost called the cops once to report my car's being stolen from a mall parking lot because I couldn't find it. I eventually found it.

So any detour is a challenge. I even try to out guess myself and turn left if my first thought is to turn right, knowing I'm always wrong. Those are the times I was right.

Wow, I didn't think there was anybody out there as bad as me! I had to call the attendant one time when I simply could not find my car in a multi-storey car park. So embarrassing when he found it straight away! I had told him I was sure it had been stolen! :blush:

As for finding ANYWHERE - I am a disaster. :(

My cousin's husband makes pulled pork in the crockpot with just a can of Orange Crush. I had it once and didn't think it was that great, but my dad loves it. I like spices in mine.

:LOL: Andy and Katy, glad I'm not the only one. GPS is my friend. I do OK outside, it's INside big buildings that I get lost! I refer to myself as "directionally disabled."

Last edited:
I'm enjoying a nice clean house courtesy of a Groupon I bought a couple months ago, along with a glass of wine. DH wants to go look at trucks. His Ford Escape is 12 years old and starting to have expensive problems. He wants to get an F-150, since we're doing all this work on the yard. Then he wouldn't have to rent the truck at Lowe's anymore.

My cousin's husband makes pulled pork in the crockpot with just a can of Orange Crush. I had it once and didn't think it was that great, but my dad loves it. I like spices in mine.

I've made CP meat with coke before, it's always pretty good. I clipped a recipe from a newspaper many moons ago that used it. Some say it was Pioneer Woman who started it, but my clipping predates her.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom