What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I do! :yum: I'm pretty open when it comes to BBQ sauces, though there are some real clunkers out there... nothing that can't be doctored up though. Sweet Baby Ray's has a Hickory and Vidalia Onion sauce that is heaven on ribs.

Oh, and I've got some bacon thawing for the stuffed shrooms, too. :mrgreen:
Man can't live by cucumbers alone ;)

I love stuffed shrooms!! Should I book a flight over?? ;)

Aw! Thanks! :) BTW what type of mushrooms are we talking about here? I'm assuming it's the Portobello?

Baby 'Bellos, or Crimini as they are also called.
Note to self, still need to slice bacon thinner so it stretches better when wrapping mushrooms :cool: Or I suppose I could use smaller mushrooms :-p

Baby 'Bellos, or Crimini as they are also called.
Note to self, still need to slice bacon thinner so it stretches better when wrapping mushrooms :cool: Or I suppose I could use smaller mushrooms :-p

Now, to be fair Pacanis, you said you were "stuffing" mushrooms! I thought you were chopping the bacon into little bits and adding garlic and herbs and EVOO...

But no.

I may need to cancel my ticket... how can a "wrapped" mushroom compare to a stuffed one? :neutral:

Now, to be fair Pacanis, you said you were "stuffing" mushrooms! I thought you were chopping the bacon into little bits and adding garlic and herbs and EVOO...

But no.

I may need to cancel my ticket... how can a "wrapped" mushroom compare to a stuffed one? :neutral:
I don't think wrapping precludes stuffing.

But no.

You underestimate our pacanis. One of the reasons you wrap a food in bacon is to hold in the stuffing. Apologies are in order.

It's very tasty! I was quite surprised to see it on my local Sainsburys shelf. (I don't drink whiskey but I thought it must make the sauce less sweet - and it did!) :)

I was going to ask which supermarket...I will have to see if we can get it over here :)

Hope you enjoy!

One of our members, Gravy Queen, is also from UK, and awhile back made pulled pork, having never had it before either. She fell in love with it too! Good luck! There are so many good recipes!

I believe it was my recipe she made. Here it is. Just like with BBQ sauce, you can adjust the seasonings to your liking: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

I was going to ask which supermarket...I will have to see if we can get it over here :)

I sent you a PM by the way. (I am having such trouble navigating on this site!) I will get used to it and work it out though.

But I am loving being here. What great people! I love being in a place with like-minded people from all over. :)

I sent you a PM by the way. (I am having such trouble navigating on this site!) I will get used to it and work it out though.

But I am loving being here. What great people! I love being in a place with like-minded people from all over. :)
You do seem to fit right in with our wackiness. :)

Back
Top Bottom