What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm willing to admit my sense of direction is world class awful. I almost called the cops once to report my car's being stolen from a mall parking lot because I couldn't find it. I eventually found it.

So any detour is a challenge. I even try to out guess myself and turn left if my first thought is to turn right, knowing I'm always wrong. Those are the times I was right.

LOL!!! I had the same thing happen to me in Denver...someone had parked their van in front of my VW and I couldn't see it.

Now, to be fair Pacanis, you said you were "stuffing" mushrooms! I thought you were chopping the bacon into little bits and adding garlic and herbs and EVOO...

But no.

I may need to cancel my ticket... how can a "wrapped" mushroom compare to a stuffed one? :neutral:

I did both. So it's double good. :)
I stuffed the mushrooms with cream cheese, cheddar cheese and chopped pickled jalapenos, then placed it on a strip of bacon that had been halved and arranged in a +. Bring up the ends and secure with a toothpick. Grill until done. Yummo! :LOL:

:LOL: Andy and Katy, glad I'm not the only one. GPS is my friend. I do OK outside, it's INside big buildings that I get lost! I refer to myself as "directionally disabled."

Wait until you cross the Continental Divide and all the rivers go the wrong way...we even have one that flows north.:wacko: I also can't figure it out if I am inside, Shrek is always correcting me about which way things are...I just know if they are to my left or right when I go out the kitchen door.:LOL: Somehow though, I never get lost around town once I'm in the car. I know the best way to get there.

Here you go, Katy.
About 4-8 o'clock are some stuffed and wrapped mushrooms.

Attachments

• Q1 9-6-09.jpg
    Q1 9-6-09.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 174
Wait until you cross the Continental Divide and all the rivers go the wrong way...we even have one that flows north.:wacko: I also can't figure it out if I am inside, Shrek is always correcting me about which way things are...I just know if they are to my left or right when I go out the kitchen door.:LOL: Somehow though, I never get lost around town once I'm in the car. I know the best way to get there.

I've never gotten the "go north, then west, then south" thing. I've only recently somewhat mastered "left" and "right". And the Muddy Red flows north (up) too!

I did both. So it's double good. :)
I stuffed the mushrooms with cream cheese, cheddar cheese and chopped pickled jalapenos, then placed it on a strip of bacon that had been halved and arranged in a +. Bring up the ends and secure with a toothpick. Grill until done. Yummo! :LOL:

*swoons*

We have been to the chippie and bought back and eaten our fish and chips...gee it was good, but we are soooo full right now

This afternoon we went for a walk...we braved the cold weather!

It was raining, very, very cold...I was rugged up in a turtleneck jumper, a coat a beanie, the umbrella and yet my face was frozen...I needed a balaclava :LOL:

I spent this morning putting together a boxed flower bed. Ready to plant crocus sativus (Saffron). Seems cheaper to grow and prepare my own, rather than spend close to £5 for a tiny amount, which may only serve 2 recipes.

For £5 I've purchased close to 40 bulbs, which if they all grow will produce roughly 2 tablespoons worth of saffron strands.

I've written a rough draft of a novel, which has roughly 30 odd recipes all using saffron. So it will help me edit, without sending a crazy amount of money. The novel revolves heavily around the spice

I've never gotten the "go north, then west, then south" thing. I've only recently somewhat mastered "left" and "right". And the Muddy Red flows north (up) too!

Now that is one I never have a problem with. The Atlantic is always east and I know Revere is north. I live one block from The Atlantic and just two blocks from the Revere line. :angel:

Okay old timers, here is a blast from the past.

I have been watching the Original Lassie series with Jan Clayton and Tommy Rettig. Do any of you remember the ice box they had instead of a fridge? And Jeff's friend Porky? :angel:

This afternoon we went for a walk...we braved the cold weather!

It was raining, very, very cold...I was rugged up in a turtleneck jumper, a coat a beanie, the umbrella and yet my face was frozen...I needed a balaclava :LOL:
Here you go, a pretty pink balaclava:

columbia_balaclava_lg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom