What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is that the one with June Lockhart as Timmy's mother?

I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with dinner tonight.

I'm leaning towards seafood, but seafood doesn't always fill me up unless it's breaded, like perch,, so it would need a really good side.
And while a clambake would be good, I don't want to put my face over all that steaming food. I don't want as "hot" of a dish.
And the heatwave (even though I am air-conditioned) has me leaning towards something that doesn't take a long time to either prep or cook. Not unless it's totally new to me, then I might put in the extra effort.

I'm not locked into seafood though, so any suggestions are welcome.

Damn it! I just missed an opportunity to run off some door knockers :mad:
I'm sitting here at work and saw the car come in and turn around. No doubt they knocked at the house and disturbed my dogs' rest :mad::mad::mad:
Even though I know they are *normal* people, some of my customers are Jehovahs, That door to door thing really ticks me off and I like to let them know it.

Damn it! I just missed an opportunity to run off some door knockers :mad:
I'm sitting here at work and saw the car come in and turn around. No doubt they knocked at the house and disturbed my dogs' rest :mad::mad::mad:
Even though I know they are *normal* people, some of my customers are Jehovahs, That door to door thing really ticks me off and I like to let them know it.
Back in the 80s, on a day that I was ill and had very little brains, an older lady JW wouldn't go away. My ex saw the situation. He took off all his clothes and came and stood next to me. She was fumbling in her bag for some propaganda. When she looked up she said, "Hoh boy!"; stuffed her publications back in her bag; and ran down the stairs. She never came back. In fact, we never had any JW visits again in that flat. :LOL:

Last edited:
I love it! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
With my luck though, seeing as how I wouldn't have an SO standing next to me, she'd take it as an invite to come in :ohmy::angel:
And the one I saw get out at my neighbor's house after they left here I'd be in big trouble if you know what I mean ;)

I love it! :LOL::LOL::LOL:
With my luck though, seeing as how I wouldn't have an SO standing next to me, she'd take it as an invite to come in :ohmy::angel:
And the one I saw get out at my neighbor's house after they left here I'd be in big trouble if you know what I mean ;)
Wanna be careful of that.

Now I'm reminded of another story from that flat. The flat was on the third floor, so the outside door was on the second floor and there were inside stairs to my flat. One morning someone rang the bell. I was asleep and it woke me. I buzzed him in and he said he wanted to read my electric meter. "Can I see some ID?" He pointed at the Q (for Hydro Quebec, our electric company) on his collar. I said, "That's a Q, not ID. I want ID with your picture on it." He replied, "This is good enough." Me, "Fine, wait here."

I went and got the Riot shotgun. It's a short barrelled, 12 gauge, pump action shotgun. By the time I got to the door, he was hurrying down the stairs.

I think he really was from Hydro Quebec. After that, whenever someone wanted to read my meter, the person always had ID out and facing the glass door, before they rang my bell. There must have been a note in my file. :LOL:

I just realized that this must all have happened in the late '70s, because by the '80s, we were living up north in a log cabin.

No one comes in unless I recognize them or they show properID...when I set up appointments for cable, etc. I make sure they know that when I set it up. LOL! I don't have to reach far for protection.

No one comes in unless I recognize them or they show properID...when I set up appointments for cable, etc. I make sure they know that when I set it up. LOL! I don't have to reach far for protection.
I didn't feel I needed protection. I was just giving him the option of not going back for his ID.

Is that the one with June Lockhart as Timmy's mother?

No. The series started in the late 50's and Tommy Rettig played Jeff. His widow mother was played by Jan Howard and Grandpa lived with them also. Then a couple of years later, the mother got married and they sold the farm. That is when J. Lockart and her husband bought the farm. Jeff's family couldn't take Lassie with them so they left her there for Timmy and the new family. It was on every Sunday night at 7. :angel:

I hate when people say they can't take their dog with them.
Were they moving into an apartment with restrictions?
It's not like insurance companies had a "hot breed" list back in the fifties.

So the Lassie I grew up with was a cast off dog. I may never recover.

I put that akin to finding a home with just one bedroom and telling your children you can't take them with you. No room for them. :angel:

:LOL: What always got me was that Lassie was played by a variety of boy dogs. They must have had terrible gender identity issues. "Hey, girl, Timmy's in the well again!"

Last edited:
:LOL: What always got me was that Lassie was played by a variety of boy dogs. They must have had terrible gender identity issues. "Hey, girl, Timmy's in the well again!"

There were several reason for the gender skullduggery! Female Collies are smaller and their coasts don't look as full on camera. Male Collies are stronger and easier to train than the females. And lastly, most purebred Collies have not been spayed (or neutered) and their cycle of pending motherhood interferes with filming schedules.

But most of all it was all about the fullness of the coat and promoting the breed. TV was a perfect vehicle for this. :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, the boy dogs were prettier.

Just got back from the pool, 2 hours without rugrats! Then came the swarm. I held my ground/water and finished my book on my Kindle in its waterproof case. Best investment I've made.

Last edited:
Sorry Pac. Only in the sciences. but for common sense, the girls take it all the way. We also have a higher tolerance to pain. Men are babies when it comes to pain. When they get the flu, they complain that the hair on their arms hurts and they cry. :wub:But we still love all of you. Men are just so adorable. And so helpless. Most of the time we love taking care of you. :angel:

Sorry Pac. Only in the sciences. but for common sense, the girls take it all the way. We also have a higher tolerance to pain. Men are babies when it comes to pain. When they get the flu, they complain that the hair on their arms hurts and they cry. :wub:But we still love all of you. Men are just so adorable. And so helpless. Most of the time we love taking care of you. :angel:

Addie, I will mail you DH the next time he gets sick. I do not love taking care of him. He is not adorable when in that state, he is a whiney twit. Thankfully, he rarely gets sick. Lucky for him, he knows better.

As has been oft said, if men could have babies, there would be no babies.

Last edited:

That makes Lassie a Famous Rescue Dog!!!

You women! At the drop of a hat you cart out the same old wise cracks about men. Men have to be stronger!

...to put up with all the crap women dish out.

Back
Top Bottom