What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Geez, Addie... next time tell me to roll up my pant legs :wacko:
Women do not have a higher tolerance to pain than men. They may very well have less, or at least they like to talk about it all the time. Just go back through this thread. So there :LOL:

Seriously (to Linda).

And you guys were no help at all suggesting something for dinner to me :mellow: Time to scrounge. I'm getting tired of eating Hershey's Kisses every time I walk past the kitchen :rolleyes:

I'm having a BAT sandwich...BACON, Avocado and Tomato.

Sadly, I don't have two of the three :(

I'm seeing how much stuff I can fit in my 10" CI skillet right now. And watching the Clint Trilogy. I wish one of these times they'd start them earlier or even reverse the order (it's not like they were a series). I doubt I'll last through The Good, the Bad and the Ugly... :(:(:(

Sadly, I don't have two of the three :(

I'm seeing how much stuff I can fit in my 10" CI skillet right now. And watching the Clint Trilogy. I wish one of these times they'd start them earlier or even reverse the order (it's not like they were a series). I doubt I'll last through The Good, the Bad and the Ugly... :(:(:(

They are about $5 a piece on Amazon right now...then you could watch them in whatever order you wanted.

The BAT sand was good...not enough bacon:rolleyes:

Relaxing on the computor. Had a great day off. Got the dog in for grooming, went out for supper then a nice long walk with dh, great day!

We went for a long walk, not as cold out there today :)

Have just had a lovely pizza for lunch, feeling quite full now :yum:

I spent this morning putting together a boxed flower bed. Ready to plant crocus sativus (Saffron). Seems cheaper to grow and prepare my own, rather than spend close to £5 for a tiny amount, which may only serve 2 recipes.

For £5 I've purchased close to 40 bulbs, which if they all grow will produce roughly 2 tablespoons worth of saffron strands....

I planted those in a garden bed in our first house, maybe 10 or so bulbs. They bloomed for a few years, then we moved. The new owners probably had no idea why they had crocuses blooming in autumn! I used a pair of tweezers to pull the tiny strands from the flower, then put them on paper towels to dry before I put them in a jar. Had enough for a couple pots of soup each year.

We watched the final of Masterchef UK today and the lady I wanted/thought would win did actually win :)

The 3 finalists were all brilliant cooks, the talent is amazing :)

I planted those in a garden bed in our first house, maybe 10 or so bulbs. They bloomed for a few years, then we moved. The new owners probably had no idea why they had crocuses blooming in autumn! I used a pair of tweezers to pull the tiny strands from the flower, then put them on paper towels to dry before I put them in a jar. Had enough for a couple pots of soup each year.
Labour, that's the reason saffron is so expensive. Back in the middle ages, it was in recipes for everything. Labour was cheap.

Procrastinating about getting into the shower. I need to get off this computor & get ready for mass.

Today is our daughters special day that we celebrate every year. 14 years ago today we legally adopted her from the state of South Dakota. It was a closed adoption with no contact from the birth parents by their choice. We always do something special on this day the 21st of July.

Procrastinating about getting into the shower. I need to get off this computor & get ready for mass.

Today is our daughters special day that we celebrate every year. 14 years ago today we legally adopted her from the state of South Dakota. It was a closed adoption with no contact from the birth parents by their choice. We always do something special on this day the 21st of July.

Aww, congrats to the Simonbakers and daughter! Have a great time!

Just finished tidying up after breakfast and am about to go outside to do the daily morning watering of all the plants. Of course, Bella will be there to, um, supervise.:rolleyes:

We have to water at least twice a day this time of the year. The temp has been dancing around the 100+F mark for a week now with no end in sight. Yesterday there was a slight breeze and by mid-afternoon all the potted plants were bone dry and some had begun to wilt.

However, on the positive side, looks as though we're nearing the end of the Japanese beetle attack. They've been here over a month and have nearly totally denuded our beautiful ornamental plum trees. I checked the beetle traps early last evening while it was still light and they weren't as full as they have been. It will be interesting what I discover when I go outside in a few minutes.

The trees will recover but I feel bad that they get so savagely attacked.

I love it when Rob's gaming friends come over, I get help from him to clean the house!

He never liked to vacuum because my Kenmore canister was too complicated :LOL: I got him his own upright and now he does most of the vacuuming!

So that's what we are doing, some much needed detail cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom