What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Procrastinating about getting into the shower. I need to get off this computor & get ready for mass.

Today is our daughters special day that we celebrate every year. 14 years ago today we legally adopted her from the state of South Dakota. It was a closed adoption with no contact from the birth parents by their choice. We always do something special on this day the 21st of July.

That is one lucky little girl! She gets two birthdays. And she has you and DH for loving parents. :angel:

Ooo, an Aerosmith fan, huh? :)

And now, thanks to you Katy, I have a new earworm to deal with. :LOL: Better than the insurance commercial I had to deal with earlier, so it's all good.

Now really! How is this my fault??? :ohmy: (Also, what's an earworm?) :LOL: (Don't worry, I know what it is now - I went to look it up! I seriously thought it was some kind of horrible bug!)

And for the record, I am not an Aerosmith fan! :p :p In fact I am a musical philistine. :)

I am just about to head out, lots of things to get at the shops today, then dropping by mums to see her, it has been 3 weeks, cant wait to catch up :)

Now really! How is this my fault??? :ohmy: (Also, what's an earworm?) :LOL: (Don't worry, I know what it is now - I went to look it up! I seriously thought it was some kind of horrible bug!)

And for the record, I am not an Aerosmith fan! :p :p In fact I am a musical philistine. :)

Earworm is a perfect description. A tune that just wiggles around in your ear and head and you can't get it out. :angel:

She is our whole world! I really believe that kids define the word "love". Thanks Addie!:angel::angel:

SB, one of the nicest things about being adopted is knowing that you were truly wanted because you were "chosen." And someone loved you enough to make sure you had very loving parents with a nice home who could give you all the things you deserved and she couldn't give you. Your daughter has three people who truly love her. :angel:

SB, one of the nicest things about being adopted is knowing that you were truly wanted because you were "chosen." And someone loved you enough to make sure you had very loving parents with a nice home who could give you all the things you deserved and she couldn't give you. Your daughter has three people who truly love her. :angel:

I hope to be able to thank them from the bottom of my heart someday.:angel::angel::angel:and 2 for you & your daughter:angel::angel:

I have had a wonderful day, most of it spent with mum :)

I got a few things at the supermarket this morning, then headed to Big W for a few bits and pieces

I have been driving around all day in lots of rain, it has been raining on and off all day, quite steady rain too

Took mum to do some grocery shopping as she had nothing in as she has been away for 3 weeks

Had a lovely tea and now relaxing with a cup of tea, soon to head into the lounge and watch some Masterchef :)

Love "TheKitchn"! Please let us know how your mozz turns out, OK? It's something I've thought about trying, but basically I'm too lazy to do. :-p

It turned out very well if I do say so myself! I used two tablets of the rennet and it thickened up nicely. My hands got tired of stretching it, so it was a little rough this morning, but it tastes great!

ForumRunner_20130722_113915.jpg

It turned out very well if I do say so myself! I used two tablets of the rennet and it thickened up nicely. My hands got tired of stretching it, so it was a little rough this morning, but it tastes great!

View attachment 18305
w00t! I've been wanting to make mozzarella for a few years, but I'm too lazy and I'm not sure where to find milk that isn't UHT pasteurized. I'm pretty sure I can get rennet at the health food store and maybe even citric acid, but a wine making store would certainly have the citric acid.

Back
Top Bottom