What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tearing the house apart looking for my new waterproof cover for my new Kindle Paperwhite. I'm hoping I didn't leave it up at the lake.

It turned out very well if I do say so myself! I used two tablets of the rennet and it thickened up nicely. My hands got tired of stretching it, so it was a little rough this morning, but it tastes great!

Oooo, such a pretty lump of lusciousness! If it were mine I'd pair it with some tomatoes fresh off the vine. But it isn't mine...and I don't have tomato plants in my yard :( ...so I guess it's all yours!

I am turning off the computer, plugging it into its power cord, and going to try and accomplish something around this house. Anything. Got to stop having fun with my DC friends. Here I go. No stopping me now... *sigh*
images

It is so cold again here this morning!

Have the heating on, about to get on the exercise bike too, that will warm me up :)

Thanks so much Chops :) It is so nice to have her back!

It is so cold again here this morning!

Have the heating on, about to get on the exercise bike too, that will warm me up
:)

Kylie, last Christmas Poo and his wife bought me a Shawl. And I love it. When my shoulders are cold, all of me will never feel warm. If I put on a sweater, I am always pushing up the sleeves when I have to put my hands in water. Same thing with long sleeves on a nightgown or top. But the shawl is perfect. It covers my shoulders and leaves the bottom of my arms free. The pointed sides when I sit down cover my knees and keep my legs warm. I even wore it under my coat. It was perfect to wrap around my neck so I didn't have to wear a scarf. And it was just as warm as a sweater, but much lighter. With the shawl, I never have to push up the thermostat. :angel:

Last edited:
That sounds like a great idea Ads :)

I am the same when doing dishes etc, rolling up sleeves of my jumpers or hoodies

I did warm up nicely on the bike...had to turn the heating off after that as I was too warm :LOL:

Today I hit the shops again and bought Steve a new pair of work pants (slacks) and also some new office shirts and a new tie, a lovely burgundy colour :)

I then went and dropped in on mum again and we had a lovely iced finger bun each for morning tea :yum:

This afternoon I have been washing and ironing all Steve's new work clothes and watching some Eastenders :)

Watching Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. One place was making baklava with walnuts. Now I really want to try making maple walnut baklava.

Let us know how it turns out if you make it. I have never made it either, but would love to try to do that some day too. I am sure that would be a hit if I made it for brunch some time when we get together with friends. :yum:

Just got up, getting on the exercise bike soon then a nice hot shower :)

Have a few things to get at the shops again and then some pottering in the garden this afternoon :)

I took Stirling to the dentist and hit the health food store and an ethnic supermarket while he was being seen. Then we picked up his, now repaired, work server, which hadn't liked the lightning storms. On the way home we stopped at the health food store again and picked up some goat ice cream. It's the only one I could find that is made with cream and doesn't have stuff like "organic locust bean gum" and "organic guar gum". I just want real ice cream with no stuff that doesn't belong. It tastes better. Never mind all the junk that's in the stuff from the supermarket.

I took Stirling to the dentist and hit the health food store and an ethnic supermarket while he was being seen. Then we picked up his, now repaired, work server, which hadn't liked the lightning storms. On the way home we stopped at the health food store again and picked up some goat ice cream. It's the only one I could find that is made with cream and doesn't have stuff like "organic locust bean gum" and "organic guar gum". I just want real ice cream with no stuff that doesn't belong. It tastes better. Never mind all the junk that's in the stuff from the supermarket.

Sounds like you need to get an ice cream maker TL! (Do you eat ice cream regularly?)

Sounds like you need to get an ice cream maker TL! (Do you eat ice cream regularly?)
No, we don't eat a lot of ice cream. We used to be able to get Haagen Dazs, which was wonderful, but I can't find it this summer. Stirling and I have been saying that we need an ice cream maker, now that we can't just buy good stuff. I wonder what this goat ice cream will be like.

No, we don't eat a lot of ice cream. We used to be able to get Haagen Dazs, which was wonderful, but I can't find it this summer. Stirling and I have been saying that we need an ice cream maker, now that we can't just buy good stuff. I wonder what this goat ice cream will be like.

I can't say I have ever tried goat ice cream. But I can't see why it wouldn't be very nice. I look forward to reading your "review". :)

Katy, in England you can have your icecream left out of the freezer for some time cant you...I remember when I was there and Steve left it on the counter for hours

Over here it has to be put straight back into the freezer or else it will melt :LOL:

Katy, in England you can have your icecream left out of the freezer for some time cant you...I remember when I was there and Steve left it on the counter for hours

Over here it has to be put straight back into the freezer or else it will melt :LOL:

Oh Kylie! That's just mean! :LOL: But OH so true! You have to plan WELL in advance if you want ice cream from a tub in the freezer! (People have been known to "soften" their ice cream in the microwave.... not me, obviously.) ;)

That is what I thought, it takes a while to soften it as it is so cold

It is annoying in Summer here though, especially if you are out and about and you buy an icecream, you have to eat in quickly or it all melts down your hand :LOL:

This last fortnight, you would have felt right at home here Kylie! It hasn't been like England at all and ice cream has been melting all over the place! :)

Sounds good to me :)

I really loved England when I was over there on holiday!

What areas are close to where you live Katy?

Back
Top Bottom