What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sounds good to me :)

I really loved England when I was over there on holiday!

What areas are close to where you live Katy?

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit!

Um, as for what is "close", well Stone Henge is about 30 miles to the west. Winchester (with a very fine cathedral) is about 16 miles to the south. London is around 49 miles to the east. 30 miles to the south is the coast. North is a scary place that we "southerners" don't go.... :rolleyes: (though I have been to Scotland!) I'm kidding!! I've been to Manchester, Liverpool and York and lived to tell the tale. :)

I did try to put my town on the "map" on here, but (just like trying to put a profile picture up earlier today) it was a failure.

Where did you visit when you were here? Any favourites?

I can't say I have ever tried goat ice cream. But I can't see why it wouldn't be very nice. I look forward to reading your "review". :)
It's lovely. There is just teensiest aftertaste of goat sometimes, but not in a bad way. No billy goat aroma/taste. It's not quite as rich as cow ice cream, but I have noticed that with other goat milk/cream products.

It's lovely. There is just teensiest aftertaste of goat sometimes, but not in a bad way. No billy goat aroma/taste. It's not quite as rich as cow ice cream, but I have noticed that with other goat milk/cream products.

I had a feeling it would be okay! :)

Not because I have had goat ice cream. But I have had goat's cheese - and that can vary from really mild to quite strong. (I prefer the milder varieties so I am sure the ice cream would be very nice.)

I guess the acid test is - would you have it again?

I had a feeling it would be okay! :)

Not because I have had goat ice cream. But I have had goat's cheese - and that can vary from really mild to quite strong. (I prefer the milder varieties so I am sure the ice cream would be very nice.)

I guess the acid test is - would you have it again?
Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to trying the chocolate.

Goat milk fudge is good. I'm not sure how I'd like the extra bite/something in ice cream, but I'm curious to hear how it was.

Goat milk fudge is good. I'm not sure how I'd like the extra bite/something in ice cream, but I'm curious to hear how it was.
It was good. There isn't that bite. Whoever is keeping those goats knows to keep the billy goat away from the nanny's or maybe doesn't have one. As I mentioned, there is a subtle "goat aftertaste" some of the mouthfuls, but not all. It just wasn't as rich as good cow's cream ice cream.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit!

Um, as for what is "close", well Stone Henge is about 30 miles to the west. Winchester (with a very fine cathedral) is about 16 miles to the south. London is around 49 miles to the east. 30 miles to the south is the coast. North is a scary place that we "southerners" don't go.... :rolleyes: (though I have been to Scotland!) I'm kidding!! I've been to Manchester, Liverpool and York and lived to tell the tale. :)

I did try to put my town on the "map" on here, but (just like trying to put a profile picture up earlier today) it was a failure.

Where did you visit when you were here? Any favourites?

Katy, I went to York too, that was nice there :)

Also Bakewell, Castleton, both in the lake district

I went to Liverpool, Bridlington, Sheffield (where I stayed with Steve) Nottingham, Melton Mobray and of course London :)

We also went to Ireland (Steve and I) and stayed in Dublin

So love the UK :)

It was good. There isn't that bite. Whoever is keeping those goats knows to keep the billy goat away from the nanny's or maybe doesn't have one. As I mentioned, there is a subtle "goat aftertaste" some of the mouthfuls, but not all. It just wasn't as rich as good cow's cream ice cream.

So that's 3 out of 4 Baa's???

That is what I thought, it takes a while to soften it as it is so cold

It is annoying in Summer here though, especially if you are out and about and you buy an icecream, you have to eat in quickly or it all melts down your hand :LOL:

Which is why I always order mine in a cup. You could always try my SILs method - she likes the cone but doesn't like the melt, so she asks for hers in a cup with the cone on top for the really hot days. :LOL:

More like 4 out of 5 baa's.

It's quite good with triple sec. ;)

taxy, EVERYTHING is good with triple sec. ;)

Not been up long, about to get organised and go and do the grocery shopping

Need to get a few things for mum too, so I will be going to her place after the shops :)

Not been up long, about to get organised and go and do the grocery shopping

Need to get a few things for mum too, so I will be going to her place after the shops :)

Happy Thursday Kylie! I'll be there in an hour and a half or so!

About to watch two episodes of Hell's Kitchen. Then off to bed probably.

Last edited:
Thanks Katy :)

Do you watch or have watched Kitchen Nightmares too? We love both the UK and US versions of it, we love Gordon, he is great, so funny!

Thanks Katy :)

Do you watch or have watched Kitchen Nightmares too? We love both the UK and US versions of it, we love Gordon, he is great, so funny!

I watch anything with Gordon in it! :) So yes, both the UK and US Kitchen Nightmares. Though he doesn't do the UK version any more. (It wasn't as entertaining as the US version in any case.)

Yes, we watched all 5 seasons of the UK version and then when that finished we started watching the US one :)

Have you watched all Gordon's cookery shows, there was 20 of them? We have got them all lined up to watch :)

Back
Top Bottom