What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was trimming branches from my maple shrub... until I saw this :shock:
attachment.php

Whoa, that's some multi-family housing unit there pac! Stay safe when you go after those buggers.

Geez, my "What are you doing?" isn't anywhere near as exciting. I'm about ready to shut down here and head out to the grocery store. Seems someone around here likes to eat.
seating_fork_100-101.gif
You settle down Himself, I'm leaving already...

I'm putting together my new flame thrower. Too windy to try it out today.

Just got done shucking some marginal local corn that DH bought as a United Way fundraiser. Sadly, it looks beautiful, but was gummy when we tried a couple ears yesterday. It's destined for chicken corn soup.

Shrek found a wasp nest outside our front door, under the deck of the apartment upstairs. It was new only about 3 inches long. I got a can of spray, he waited until ot was dark last night and sprayed it from the doorway. The only place to aim from and be able to see it. It appears to be dead today.

Glad Taxlady and Stirling were able to get their nest with much humour. Stirling, all he needed was a shield and lance.

Glad Taxlady and Stirling were able to get their nest with much humour. Stirling, all he needed was a shield and lance.

Not sure Stirling would be able to move with a shield and a lance. Reminds me of Ralphie's little brother in the snowsuit in "A Christmas Story".

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear.

We had good luck with some stuff from Raid for hornets. You wait until dusk or dark, when the wasps are less active, then you spray them from 10 feet away. I had Stirling do it, all wrapped up and with all but his eyes covered. Turned out that it wasn't necessary.

IMG_1454.JPG

That is good though, better to be safe than sorry ;)

Have been up, had a nice hot shower and now enjoying some breakfast :)

We are heading out for a walk a bit later, other than that, a lazy day at home

Just come back from a walk, the weather is amazing today, sunny, warm and blue as skies :)

Having some lunch now, a bit late for us, but better late than never ;)

I'm doing my last nebulizer of the day for my asthma. This new one seems to be working much better. I was in the ER Tuesday and almost admitted until the doctor figured out that the more ventilin they were giving me the worse my symptoms were getting - rapid heart rate, high bp, vertigo, etc. He ordered the new one stat and I started to feel better as soon as the treatment was done.

I have to stay away from major triggers until things settle down. I am hoping for rain!

I also am really happy I finally got connected with DC again. I have been having problems with my new computer and our network, but I am back. I haven't got the voice software going yet but the touch pad and the keyboard are easy for me to use.

PF I don't know if you felt the vibes, but I sent you 1001 blessings a short while ago. I was getting all my laundry together. My hip started to hurt, but as usual I ignored it. I figured I would sit down very shortly. I went to the bathroom to get the dirty towels, and by the time I got near the kitchen, I could feel myself going down. That beautiful red stool was right there for me to reach out to and it kept me from banging my head on the counter corner. I slid out the steps and pulled myself up and sat on that fantastic stool until the pain subsided. All is well, Angel of Mercy! :angel: And a few for you! :angel::angel::angel::angel:

I have noticed this past month that the pain in my left hip used to travel only over to my spine. I would sit when it got to there. Now the pain starts in both hips and heads right for the spine. So I am going to have to make some adjustments as to when I recognize when it is time for me to sit instead of pushing through. Unfortunately there is nothing they can do. I have stents in both groins. This is a circulation problem. And it cannot be corrected. Many years ago I had an MRA done on my circulation. The vascular doctor showed the results to both me and the Poo. Even I was able to see how bad I was. My aorta was almost completely blocked. There was no blood flowing in either leg. And those were the good spots. Why I was still alive was a mystery. :angel:

Have recently finished our pork belly for tea, gee it was delicious!

It turned out perfectly, the crackling was crispy, crunchy and golden brown and the pork was moist and tender...loved it!

Now going to go and watch some Kitchen Nightmares :)

I'm watching the tube. It's drizzling here, so I'll mess with the hive tomorrow morning instead.
I'll have to see what size ladder I'll need.

I'm doing my last nebulizer of the day for my asthma. This new one seems to be working much better. I was in the ER Tuesday and almost admitted until the doctor figured out that the more ventilin they were giving me the worse my symptoms were getting - rapid heart rate, high bp, vertigo, etc. He ordered the new one stat and I started to feel better as soon as the treatment was done.

I have to stay away from major triggers until things settle down. I am hoping for rain!

I also am really happy I finally got connected with DC again. I have been having problems with my new computer and our network, but I am back. I haven't got the voice software going yet but the touch pad and the keyboard are easy for me to use.
I'm glad they figured out about your nebulizer. I hate having to go to ER.

Is your new computer running Win 8? If so, I sympathize. I have been having problems with it and getting on our home network. (Okay, some of that was getting used to our new anti-virus and internet security software, Kaspersky.)

PF I don't know if you felt the vibes, but I sent you 1001 blessings a short while ago. I was getting all my laundry together. My hip started to hurt, but as usual I ignored it. I figured I would sit down very shortly. I went to the bathroom to get the dirty towels, and by the time I got near the kitchen, I could feel myself going down. That beautiful red stool was right there for me to reach out to and it kept me from banging my head on the counter corner. I slid out the steps and pulled myself up and sat on that fantastic stool until the pain subsided. All is well, Angel of Mercy! :angel: And a few for you! :angel::angel::angel::angel:

I have noticed this past month that the pain in my left hip used to travel only over to my spine. I would sit when it got to there. Now the pain starts in both hips and heads right for the spine. So I am going to have to make some adjustments as to when I recognize when it is time for me to sit instead of pushing through. Unfortunately there is nothing they can do. I have stents in both groins. This is a circulation problem. And it cannot be corrected. Many years ago I had an MRA done on my circulation. The vascular doctor showed the results to both me and the Poo. Even I was able to see how bad I was. My aorta was almost completely blocked. There was no blood flowing in either leg. And those were the good spots. Why I was still alive was a mystery. :angel:

Must be why I woke up smiling instead of frowning. I'm glad that stool is working for you.:angel::angel:

Wow, Addie and PF, I go away for a short bit and you fall to pieces! You have my love, thoughts and prayers.

Taxy, I am running Windows 8. The one saving grace on this new machine is that it is a full notebook AND a tablet in one. So there are times when the touch pad works easier and if not, I just have to open the top and I have a notebook with good sized keyboard. As for the connections, it is really our house and not the computer. Because of the layout, the wireless doesn't work from front to back so we have two networks in the house. I didn't quite realize this (and they are both similarly named) and wasn't changing back and forth.

This is my computer ASUS TAICHI

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom