What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope so, too. We had to get out the sling we had used after our dog had knee surgery in order to help her get up and down the outside steps; we put a baby gate at the bottom of the inside stairs to keep her from going up.

I'm relaxing with a glass of wine, watching Chopped.

A food for mobility?
I'd be interested in hearing what this is. That's a new one on me. Most foods that simply have glucosamine don't have enough to do any good. This must me a new Canadian food or something. It probably has codeine in it, lol.

Good idea on the steps, Linda. I saw a couple geriatric dogs get in a vehicle (SUV) yesterday that used the running board as a helper. It made me wonder why I don't have running boards on my truck, which is high and awkward for my dogs.

A food for mobility?
I'd be interested in hearing what this is. That's a new one on me. Most foods that simply have glucosamine don't have enough to do any good. This must me a new Canadian food or something. It probably has codeine in it, lol.

Good idea on the steps, Linda. I saw a couple geriatric dogs get in a vehicle (SUV) yesterday that used the running board as a helper. It made me wonder why I don't have running boards on my truck, which is high and awkward for my dogs.

My dogs like the running board on the suburban too! It sure helps them out.

This morning I am hitting the shops with mum :)

We are going clothes shopping and whatever other shopping takes our fancy...going to have some lunch out too...looking forward to it :)

I hope it's nothing serious, LP.

Man, what haven't I done today?
The big project though was picking up the items I need to put my mailbox back up; 7 ft of 4" steam pipe and 160 lbs of concrete... yep, this one won't get knocked over so easy by the plows in the winter or the grape picker just yesterday :devilish:

Now that would be a fun hole to dig, but only if I got to hang around and watch someone hit the mailbox...:mrgreen:

Thanks, LP.
Royal Canin. I should have guessed.

I'm not a pet owner so don't know a lot about pet foods. I had never heard of Royal Canin before reading bout it in this thread about a half hour ago. I just saw a Pet Smart ad on TV featuring Royal Canin. First time ever!

Now that would be a fun hole to dig, but only if I got to hang around and watch someone hit the mailbox...:mrgreen:

Our mailbox and post were hit and run some years ago, totally smushed, so we put up an 8 inch thick post with mailbox and embedded it deeply in concrete. Same neighbors' guests hit it again a couple years ago, and must have gotten a nice dent in their vehicle from it. It knocked the mailbox off, but the post still stood.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for your concern for my furbaby

Violet is getting old and her arthritis is getting worse. Sounds like the same diagnosis I received not long ago :ermm:

The new vet is so nice, so gentle and Violet was terrified of him! But then she has only ever been to one vet clinic and everyone knew her and was friends with her. Here they had a cat that paid no never-mind to Violet and she couldn't figure it out. She loves cats.

Anyway, he put her on a new medication, tramadol (which I have taken) and another liquid one to help reduce inflammation and pain. He wants her to be walked - no running - which will be a tall order for TB because she wants to run the moment she gets out the door and we will be starting her on a new food that is for mobility in older animals. It is so hard to think of her as "old", but she just turned 9 and is considered a medium to large dog. She also has to lose some weight. Oh, and the final mission impossible is to get her to not jump up onto anything - the bed, the couches, the bench outside so she can see over the fence, etc.

We will do all this for 2 weeks and take her back in. If she is still having troubles they will take new xrays and go from there.

I am relieved because I was expecting worse. I am glad he is taking an interest in her case. They have ordered her file to be sent over and I believe we will stay with him. It is closer for both Violet and I and they are smaller so give better hands on care.

Violet is taking a well earned nap. "Mom" is looking at her dwindling bank balance. :wacko:

I'm so happy that the answer was simple for Violet. Maybe the both of you should be taking the slow walks.:)

I'm not a pet owner so don't know a lot about pet foods. I had never heard of Royal Canin before reading bout it in this thread about a half hour ago. I just saw a Pet Smart ad on TV featuring Royal Canin. First time ever!

Karma! :cool:

Violet is peacefully sleeping - they said the new medication would have that effect. I put a step stool against the bed where she usually jumps up and she actually used it! We don't have stairs, thankfully. I can't climb them any better than she can.

Last edited:
And do they have mobility enhancing food for humans? I don't think so. Once again we get the short shrift. Sheesh. :(

I don't know if she needs any help with her mobility when it comes to food. She was lying on her bed behind me and I dropped a piece of watermelon on the other side of me. Before I could reach to pick it up she was there and swallowed it whole. No wonder she has health problems! :wacko::LOL:

I hope it's nothing serious, LP.

Man, what haven't I done today?
The big project though was picking up the items I need to put my mailbox back up; 7 ft of 4" steam pipe and 160 lbs of concrete... yep, this one won't get knocked over so easy by the plows in the winter or the grape picker just yesterday :devilish:

Pac, I used to live next door to a home that was right on the curve that divided the road into three separate streets. His end post to his fence got knocked down at least once a month as cars sped around that curve. After a year of this he built a normal looking post that was hollow, filled it with cement and put a cap and finial on it. It looked lovely. After two cars careened into that post, with some serious injuries, the city finally reduced the speed of all three roads and posted a dangerous curve sign. It was a longtime before another car hit that still standing post. He had to replace the wood, but not the cement.

Sometimes you just have to take action into your own hands. Here's hoping your solution works. :angel:

Funny how things happen that way. Now you'll probably see it all over the place.

I'm hoping, too, Addie. I figure if it looks like something that won't give or break they will give it a wider berth.

I'm hoping, too, Addie. I figure if it looks like something that won't give or break they will give it a wider berth.

Or if it is a private contractor and they have to replace that damaged snow blade, they will think twice before they just willy nilly plow their way into a bigger paycheck during each snowstorm. Here's hoping every mailbox looks like a potential equipment killer and they give it a wide berth. :angel:

Pac, when one of the occupants of the car that hit that cement post tried to sue the homeowner, the court held that a man had a right to protect his property and that there were plenty of signs posted telling them of the danger of speeding on that stretch of road. Just maybe if enough pieces of equipment hit your post and take on some serious damage, someone will take notice and educated the drivers of these pieces of equipment.

You should spread the word to any of your neighbors of your solution if they have had their boxes knocked down also. :angel:

Funny how things happen that way. Now you'll probably see it all over the place.
When I bought my first Volvo, I started to see Volvos all the time. ;)

Back
Top Bottom