What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When I drive in northern MN, I hardly see any Volvos. However, in my neck of the woods, they are every where. I attribute it to the number of embassies in Ottawa (and the number of used Volvos on the market when the embassy personnel get transferred).

I'm nursing a headache - thankfully it is going away. The police probably rolled up to the rock concert going on a couple houses away and unplugged the equipment. It's an every-summer event at that house. If it had gone on much longer I was thinking of nursing a stiff drink. :cool:

I don't know if she needs any help with her mobility when it comes to food. She was lying on her bed behind me and I dropped a piece of watermelon on the other side of me. Before I could reach to pick it up she was there and swallowed it whole. No wonder she has health problems! :wacko::LOL:
Sounds like the "hearing test" my kids' doctor suggested when I said I thought out son might have hearing problems (kids were about 1 1/2). Seems like our son never heard me calling him when he was busy with something. Himself's the same way ALL the time, so it must be a "Guy" thing. :glare: The doc suggested I put a dish of M&Ms on the kitchen counter, and when the kids were watching TV I should pick a couple up, then drop them back into the dish. Hmm, the kid could hear THAT sound! Goober didn't have problems with his hearing skills, it was a problem with his listening skills! :LOL:

My laptop got some type of virus, got it in to get it fixed yesterday but it wasn't fixed, Dh picked it up for me but didn't check it. So, back to the store again today, they assured me it would be right tomorrow. It will be nice to get it back. Our 14 yr old daughter & I are sharing dh's computer until then.

The registry on my laptop got corrupted. It is still in the shop...sigh.

I'm trying to get motivated to finish cleaning (trying not do to do "deep cleaning" but rather spot cleaning...so tell me why I feel the oven has to be cleaned NOW?) since I have house guests coming on Friday. Oh vey! I love having friends visit, but I am always so stressed about the house...and how clean it is/isn't. I hope they are coming to see me and not judge my housekeeping habits...I live alone! I don't care if there are bags of dog food in the back entrance because I haven't hauled them to the basement or a couple of boxes marked "Goodwill" that I haven't put in the car, yet. But my house guests might...

The registry on my laptop got corrupted. It is still in the shop...sigh.

I'm trying to get motivated to finish cleaning (trying not do to do "deep cleaning" but rather spot cleaning...so tell me why I feel the oven has to be cleaned NOW?) since I have house guests coming on Friday. Oh vey! I love having friends visit, but I am always so stressed about the house...and how clean it is/isn't. I hope they are coming to see me and not judge my housekeeping habits...I live alone! I don't care if there are bags of dog food in the back entrance because I haven't hauled them to the basement or a couple of boxes marked "Goodwill" that I haven't put in the car, yet. But my house guests might...
Unless it makes moving around hard or makes the house uncomfortable, don't worry about it. If your guests care about stuff like that, they would find something else to worry about if it wasn't there.

Unless it makes moving around hard or makes the house uncomfortable, don't worry about it. If your guests care about stuff like that, they would find something else to worry about if it wasn't there.

+1. They're coming to see you, not your house.

...I love having friends visit, but I am always so stressed about the house...and how clean it is/isn't. I hope they are coming to see me and not judge my housekeeping habits...

Have they been there before? That is my criteria. If they've seen my house in better shape (because I go crazy and clean like a maniac the first time someone is coming over) and they are now repeat guests I also figure they're coming to see me, not my house. Relax and enjoy the company. If anyone says anything about your housekeeping put them to work. ;) Have a good time with your friends.

We had a lovely dinner tonight...we went with a fast food theme, homemade lamb burgers and french fries YUM!!

Went to the doctors today to get my results back from my knee scans..it looks like I may have arthritis, so I am being sent to a knee surgeon, then I am going to have an MRI, just to have a deeper look at what is going on

Cooling down now, so time to hit the recliners with a hot milo and some Masterchef AU :)

Have they been there before? That is my criteria. If they've seen my house in better shape (because I go crazy and clean like a maniac the first time someone is coming over) and they are now repeat guests I also figure they're coming to see me, not my house. Relax and enjoy the company. If anyone says anything about your housekeeping put them to work. ;) Have a good time with your friends.
Yup--we've been friends forever. That does not, however, explain why I was waxing the shower at 4:00 a.m. or why I was pressure washing the deck at 6:00 a.m. to get the chicken poo off of it (I hose it down every night--there really isn't a lot of chicken poo on it in the morning)...or why, somewhere in between I started a batch of Kimchi...maybe I should have a bottle of wine open when they get here...

Yup--we've been friends forever. That does not, however, explain why I was waxing the shower at 4:00 a.m. or why I was pressure washing the deck at 6:00 a.m. to get the chicken poo off of it (I hose it down every night--there really isn't a lot of chicken poo on it in the morning)...or why, somewhere in between I started a batch of Kimchi...maybe I should have a bottle of wine open when they get here...

I think you should have the second bottle of wine open when they arrive, relax! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I'm thinking "Chicken Disorder" isn't your only Obsession. ;)

I think you should have the second bottle of wine open when they arrive, relax! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

:LOL: :ROFLMAO:

...Went to the doctors today to get my results back from my knee scans..it looks like I may have arthritis, so I am being sent to a knee surgeon, then I am going to have an MRI, just to have a deeper look at what is going on....

Wow, you're too young to have bum hinges! Although two dear friends of mine (one male, one female) had knee replacements done when they were in their later 40s. Hmm, you're still too young. ;) Hope everything works out good for you. :flowers:

I just got back from a run to the store. They moved two triple deckers this past week to the parking lot across the street. They are going to be building a new school for a charter school in the now empty lots. I have no idea what they are going to do with the two houses. But they sure do look out of place in the parking lot.

On the way back I noticed that my scooter needed to be charged. I kept praying that I could make it home without running out of power. I did. I made it. I need to remember to plug it in every night. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom