What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am playing referee today.

Yesterday, after a talk with TB, I decided (on my own but I got the feeling he agreed) to adopt a little kitten who had been abandoned in front of the vet's office. Violet loves cats (more than they love her) and I think TB and I were lonely too for another pet but didn't want a dog.

When I came home with the kitty, I was relieved to know I had read TB right as he scooped her out of my arms. It was his turn to name our latest pet and when he watched her for awhile he agreed with the nickname she got at the vet's office....Monkey! She climbs and flips and is so fast it really suits her.

The refereeing comes in with the fact that Violet wants to make friends, but is also very jealous of her and Monkey is too busy checking out her new home to want to be bothered with this big creature following her around. I am in my craft studio now because Violet is asleep on her bed here and Monkey is off somewhere exploring. Violet needs her rest for her pain and hips so I put the cat in the bathroom for time-outs. But right now they are both getting what they want/need!

I will post pictures of our new family member as soon as I learn how to use my new camera. :)

Sitting here using SO's iPad because my MacBook Pro is having its hard drive replaced. I wish I hadn't skipped that last backup!

Congrats on your new Monkey, LP!

Just got back from the pool with floaty thing and Kindle. No rugrats today! Unbelievable, since it's the first good pool day in a long time.

Yesterday, after a talk with TB, I decided (on my own but I got the feeling he agreed) to adopt a little kitten who had been abandoned in front of the vet's office. Violet loves cats (more than they love her) and I think TB and I were lonely too for another pet but didn't want a dog.

When I came home with the kitty, I was relieved to know I had read TB right as he scooped her out of my arms. It was his turn to name our latest pet and when he watched her for awhile he agreed with the nickname she got at the vet's office....Monkey! She climbs and flips and is so fast it really suits her.

The refereeing comes in with the fact that Violet wants to make friends, but is also very jealous of her and Monkey is too busy checking out her new home to want to be bothered with this big creature following her around. I am in my craft studio now because Violet is asleep on her bed here and Monkey is off somewhere exploring. Violet needs her rest for her pain and hips so I put the cat in the bathroom for time-outs. But right now they are both getting what they want/need!

I will post pictures of our new family member as soon as I learn how to use my new camera. :)
Good for you two. I know you will love the little fur ball and she will have a grand home. Enjoy.
ma

Wow, you're too young to have bum hinges! Although two dear friends of mine (one male, one female) had knee replacements done when they were in their later 40s. Hmm, you're still too young. ;) Hope everything works out good for you. :flowers:

Thanks so much CG :)

Yes, I was thinking too young too :(

I will find out more once I have seen my knee surgeon, I have an appointment on the 9th August, so not too long to go now :)

Thanks again for caring :)

I luv your cat and her name :LOL:

If I were to have a cat I'd want one with a personality just like your lil Monkey. I'm not even a cat person. If it were to be, I'd swoop one up like her in a flash. We would be the same.

Will cat sit if you need one. She would have to promise not to teach me anything new.

Munky

Thanks so much CG :)

Yes, I was thinking too young too :(

I will find out more once I have seen my knee surgeon, I have an appointment on the 9th August, so not too long to go now :)

Thanks again for caring :)

Did you play a lot of sports, Kylie?

Monkey?! What kind of name is that for a cat? lol
(no offense Munky)

I'm sitting here "coming down".
I've been in high gear since 4:00.
Just got the new grill on the porch and am having a talk with Bud...

Monkey?! What kind of name is that for a cat? lol
(no offense Munky)

I'm sitting here "coming down".
I've been in high gear since 4:00.
Just got the new grill on the porch and am having a talk with Bud...

LOL!:ROFLMAO:

None taken. Enjoy your Bud. While I enjoy trying to get Wiser.. :LOL:

Munky.

Procrastinating...I should be packing my bag to get ready to go to Omaha tomorrow afternoon.

We had a lovely dinner tonight, curried sausages and rice, but we used a new recipe, it was ever so tasty :yum:

I did a huge amount of ironing today, some washing, some housework...nice to now be relaxing :)

Off to the recliners now to relax and watch some TV!

Enjoying my coffee and listening to a squirrel yell at a magpie. Watching the kitties as they track the birds at the feeder. Morning TV for the kitties.

Enjoying my coffee and listening to a squirrel yell at a magpie. Watching the kitties as they track the birds at the feeder. Morning TV for the kitties.
When I had two cats, my neighbour hung a bird feeder in my yard, where the cats could see it. She called it kitty TV.

Just took grandson Josh to the city pool. He just finished his swimming lessons yesterday in the advanced beginner. His teacher wrote such a nice note on the back of his certificate. She said that he did a great job on his lessons! And awesome work on his front crawl swim and sidestroke ( I told him he gets that from me :)) I loved doing the side stroke. He is also going off the high dive now.

Today I am making a lovely large Lemon Tart for dessert tonight, it is so nice :yum:

We are getting a new gate put up around the side of the house After getting a few handymen around to see if they could fix the existing one...they were all saying different prices, one was $120 for example

We thought why not pay a bit more and get a whole new gate made, so we got a couple of quotes and one was $330 which we thought was pretty good, so he is coming over next Wednesday to do it :)

We are having my lovely mum over for tea tonight, we are making Jamie Olivers Linguine alla carbonara di salsiccia (sausage carbonara) such a tasty dish, looking forward to the dinner :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom