What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had a very good morning riffling through my storage unit. Found 2 cookbooks that I was sorely missing and an old family walnut framed mirror. I needed to see this mirror to get measurements to decide where it can hang. It is very heavy and needs blocking in the wall to support it and the framing starts this week. I was afraid it was too wide to go where I wanted it, but I am sure it can hang right beside the front door:). Also rustled up some items for a friends daughter who is moving to her own apartment and needs everything. I am currently going through my things and getting rid of items I wished I hadn't paid to move:wacko:.

Darn, wish I'd seen this earlier...would've hit the road early enough this morning to arrive on time for dinner! Can hardly wait to see the pics, the recipe sounds really good!

It's a nice recipe. I make it a few times a year.
I actually managed to skewer the meat yesterday without getting a splinter buried in my finger :mrgreen:

What a lovely sleep I had, feel a bit out of it as the alarm went off, I was fast asleep and in the middle of a great dream too!

Have a few things I need to get at the shop today, apart from that, an easy one...it is going to be 19 degrees too, a warmer one :)

I'm packing up the leftover food that is for supper heading to a friend's house to share it. She has had to work all weekend and has baby squirrels to feed at midnight and four a.m.

You always marinate it overnight? Did you use belly or butt?

This is the first time I'm going to cook it just marinating it a little over 24 hours. Usually I go the full two days. The recipe calls for 24-48 hours. Actually, since I have six skewers, maybe I'll cook three tonight and three tomorrow night, or for lunch.
I buy pork butt steaks and use those.

This is the first time I'm going to cook it just marinating it a little over 24 hours. Usually I go the full two days. The recipe calls for 24-48 hours. Actually, since I have six skewers, maybe I'll cook three tonight and three tomorrow night, or for lunch.
I buy pork butt steaks and use those.

Yum, Pac! So, what time is dinner?

Just got back from the pool. My peace and quiet was shattered by a mother who allowed her 5 y.o. and 8 y.o. kids to jump into the pool, and they CANNOT SWIM!!! They were screaming and shrieking and crying and flailing around. Mom, who didn't even have a bathing suit on and stayed high and dry, asked if I could pull them back to the side. I should have known when the mom asked me which end was the deep end when they first got there. Apparently they'd just moved into a nearby subdivision that shares our pool. I had to establish rules (walk on the pool bottom, do not go beyond here, no running around the pool deck, and no, you may not jump off the diving board), and had to keep a close eye on them. They'd brought a lot of floaty toys, but should not have, as those float into the deep end. I told her to sign those kids up for swimming lessons, or at the very least, get in the water with them!

Yum, Pac! So, what time is dinner?

Just got back from the pool. My peace and quiet was shattered by a mother who allowed her 5 y.o. and 8 y.o. kids to jump into the pool, and they CANNOT SWIM!!! They were screaming and shrieking and crying and flailing around. Mom, who didn't even have a bathing suit on and stayed high and dry, asked if I could pull them back to the side. I should have known when the mom asked me which end was the deep end when they first got there. Apparently they'd just moved into a nearby subdivision that shares our pool. I had to establish rules (walk on the pool bottom, do not go beyond here, no running around the pool deck, and no, you may not jump off the diving board), and had to keep a close eye on them. They'd brought a lot of floaty toys, but should not have, as those float into the deep end. I told her to sign those kids up for swimming lessons, or at the very least, get in the water with them!

What an idiot...what would she have done if you were not there?

I would definitely complain to the management of the subdivision(s). Time for a letter to everyone is able to use the pool with the rules and regs.

We used to have the rules posted, no one ever read them :LOL: We're self-managing. I do plan to bring it up at the next Rec meeting.

We probably also need a sign like the other subs do, "No Lifeguard, Swim at Your Own Risk.". Pools here are considered an "attractive nuisance" and we could get sued if someone fell, or drowned.

Last edited:
Yes indeed! Nice lady, but so clueless. And this is not uncommon here. Dump your kids in the pool, turn your back, and expect them to sink or swim. Then we would get a hefty lawsuit if anyone got hurt.

Last edited:
I'm packing up the leftover food that is for supper heading to a friend's house to share it. She has had to work all weekend and has baby squirrels to feed at midnight and four a.m.

How precious! And unfortunate that Himself and I don't live close to her - I'm always up at midnight, and usually at 4:00 AM. I suppose I could learn to be a squirrel sitter. After all, I'm plenty squirrely myself. ;)

IMHO as long as you have the same right, to post a flyer about your church and what it offers, I really don't see an issue.

Now that I'm old and can't run very fast, I have learned to choose my battles carefully. :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

It says right in our lease that the public bulletin boards are for posting community events only. For personal postings there is a board in the Community Room for such postings. And it is loaded with such religious postings. I have no problem with them. So these are in violation of our lease. It is just that no one has the guts to do anything about the violators. I have been removing them. Technically, even the thank you notes from those that have lost a loved one are in violation, but considering all, let it be. Sometimes you have to close both eyes. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom