"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #6271
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Even when I worked nights I would hit that wall about 7-8 hours into my shift, I've learned to do something just a bit more active at that time. I usually save memos and deliveries for that time. Gets my out of my chair and around the facility. By the time, I'm ready to go home, I've re-charged and ready to roll.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #6272
Certified Cake Maniac

I don't work, go to school or have had a recent surgery. But I still hit that wall every day just after DH leaves for work around 2:00 pm. By this time I have been up 7 hours, fed dogs, emptied and filled dishwasher, made dinner (which we eat at 1:00 pm), made sandwiches for his work "lunch" and my stay at home meal, cleaned up from all of that, packed him up, got him out the door and then Whap! There is that wall. I either sit in my recliner or lay on the bed for a half hour or so. Then there is shopping, laundry, etc. But that first part of the day seems to be the worst!

So can I come to the slumber party? I have nothing to read, but I promise I will sleep!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:04 AM   #6273
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPBeier View Post
I don't work, go to school or have had a recent surgery. But I still hit that wall every day just after DH leaves for work around 2:00 pm. By this time I have been up 7 hours, fed dogs, emptied and filled dishwasher, made dinner (which we eat at 1:00 pm), made sandwiches for his work "lunch" and my stay at home meal, cleaned up from all of that, packed him up, got him out the door and then Whap! There is that wall. I either sit in my recliner or lay on the bed for a half hour or so. Then there is shopping, laundry, etc. But that first part of the day seems to be the worst!

So can I come to the slumber party? I have nothing to read, but I promise I will sleep!
Of course, everyone is invited!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:26 AM   #6274
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you Chopper and SB

Today I have just done some washing and a bit of gardening. Then Steve and I watched some Masterchef and we were both nearly falling asleep on the lounge

Other than that...not a lot, just trying to relax this afternoon without falling asleep
Old 10-19-2012, 08:51 AM   #6275
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Thank you Chopper and SB

Today I have just done some washing and a bit of gardening. Then Steve and I watched some Masterchef and we were both nearly falling asleep on the lounge

Other than that...not a lot, just trying to relax this afternoon without falling asleep
Heck, sleep when you can for the next few days. Three days before Steve goes back to work, start adjusting your sleep schedule back to normal.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #6276
Master Chef

I bought a jar of Lotus Biscoff Creamy Spread today and I was wondering if you have to refrigerate it after you open the jar? I found some sites on the internet using this spread in some wonderful looking desserts. Has anyone else tried this product?
Old 10-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #6277
Certified Cake Maniac

I made the last of three red velvet cake layers this morning (did the others last night while DH was working. Today they will be filled and stacked and carved into a horseshoe!

Now I am waiting for him so we can go out and get the supplies for the cake I will make for him. It is his BIL's 60th birthday party and I am making a wheat/dairy/soy/egg free cake to take for DH. It is the same one I made for my birthday (sorry, didn't get pictures), though I am changing up the egg replacer and the frosting.

I will also be cleaning off my work table in my still unfinished studio so I can do the decorating out of sight. The poor guy loves cake, frosting and fondant!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:15 PM   #6278
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm recuperating from the grocery shopping.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:44 PM   #6279
Chef Extraordinaire

Good morning everyone!

We had the most wonderful sleep last night YAY

It cooled down and was lovely snuggling into the quilt

Have just had a nice hot shower, washed my hair and had a lovely hot coffee out in the garden...now time for breakfast
Old 10-19-2012, 06:17 PM   #6280
Chef Extraordinaire

getting ready to go to fancy (more money) eye doctor. just a consult, so we shall see , what we shall see. lol