What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just made myself a cup of hot Mystic Spiced Chai tea. Then I buttered bread and put a little sugar on it for a treat. My mother used to make me the buttered bread with sugar when I was not feeling well as a child. I was home sick a lot with asthma, thank goodness I outgrow it the asthma but I still like the buttered sugar bread. :<)

Just made myself a cup of hot Mystic Spiced Chai tea. Then I buttered bread and put a little sugar on it for a treat. My mother used to make me the buttered bread with sugar when I was not feeling well as a child. I was home sick a lot with asthma, thank goodness I outgrow it the asthma but I still like the buttered sugar bread. :<)

My mother made me hot cocoa and toast with butter and sugar. :chef:

I got Shrek's doctor called to change some of his meds to one's Medicare will pay for. They decided they would not pay for some of his Extended Release and his co-pay was going to $40 instead of $4. Now I have to get him on the mail-order medications...I wish he would do these things himself, but he won't and I end up paying out of MY pocket.

I got Shrek's doctor called to change some of his meds to one's Medicare will pay for. They decided they would not pay for some of his Extended Release and his co-pay was going to $40 instead of $4. Now I have to get him on the mail-order medications...I wish he would do these things himself, but he won't and I end up paying out of MY pocket.

you have his and hers pockets?

Princess, I'm right there with you. My husband just won't deal with the beaurocracy of the various things we have to deal with, him being retired army. Right now there are 4 different organizations (he's starting medicare as of his birthday in another month) I'm trying to sort. When I do leave it to him, he has temper tantrums. I can't remember what it was (health insurance? car? banking?) but the customer service gal told me my husband had to make the call himself. I told her, in a very kind voice, that if she really preferred to deal with him, I'll get him on. But we can both pretend I never told you I was his wife, and we can pretend that I'm a man, and no one will yell at you today. She complied.

Just finished giving a potential customer directions....I hope she makes it:ermm:.

You got the wrong one when I have to give directions...

Interesting. You both enjoy a haircut. I have hated getting haircuts since I was a little kid. I wonder if it's gender related.

I guess there is some gender-relationship, but I'm a gal and hate going to a beauty parlor, period. I actually go to the town (small town, pop 3000) barber, who "gets" me. I don't want to be messed with. I don't want to be blow-dried unless it is frigid out. I used to keep my hair medium-long just for ease (just wore it in a French braid) and only had to have it trimmed annually. But for various reasons a couple of years ago the length had to go. She was shocked when my husband told her I was going short, and loaned him a stack of style magazines. I picked a couple, husband and friends picked a couple more. When I went in I showed her what others thought, and which I thought would work for me. She looked at the friends' and husband's selection and said, "You're right, these two won't work with your hair, and this will require more maintenance than you want to deal with. Your choice is it." I've had short hair for a couple of years now and should have done it a couple years before (when I was having skin disease problems). Yeah, now I have to show up every few months, but worth it. I know a couple of other "no fuss with the head" women, and they go to her as well.

Resting. Went through the pump house, removed recyclables & junk from under the deck & listed all the misc wood left over from when I built the house. My wife fixed me a sandwich of ham on Italian herb & olive oil thinwich.

Right now I'm monitoring my email closely because my best friend's mom is dying. She is rather stoic, but want to make sure I'm around if she wants to write or talk. It's a pull the plug type decision, and I think her sibs are going to cause grief about that decision and others to come. Just want to make sure I'm around if she wants to write/talk.

you have his and hers pockets?

Since he retired...yes. His SS doesn't make it too far, not enough for his medications. Nice to know I never get to retire.:huh: And he's no longer getting the disability SS he was getting before. When the bonuses and paychecks I earn go to pay for medicare payments and medications...yes, my pocket.

a hair cut always brightens my mood. i finally found a blond that i like so don't want a change there.

I just needed a change from the mouse brown gay I have been looking at. Figured the weight loss and 1 yr anniversary of my heart attack I deserved to go red for a while.:)

Princess, I'm right there with you. My husband just won't deal with the beaurocracy of the various things we have to deal with, him being retired army. Right now there are 4 different organizations (he's starting medicare as of his birthday in another month) I'm trying to sort. When I do leave it to him, he has temper tantrums. I can't remember what it was (health insurance? car? banking?) but the customer service gal told me my husband had to make the call himself. I told her, in a very kind voice, that if she really preferred to deal with him, I'll get him on. But we can both pretend I never told you I was his wife, and we can pretend that I'm a man, and no one will yell at you today. She complied.

Shrek just doesn't deal, he won't even make the call, but he does get upset when I start looking at all the paperwork he has, trying to find the one I need to make changes or follow up on. I want to get him on the mail-order plan through AARP, his maintenance medications will be $0 if we make the change. That is a $ number I can get behind, it will save us $2488 a year. Enough to make his Medicare payments for next year.

I did discover, finally, why my meds were costing $0, it was a mystery. My Medical Flex is being charged my co-pays. Mystery solved. Whew. I was worried it was a typo somewhere and they would be coming after me for all my co-pays at once. I used up my medical flex last year by this time, I forgot how it worked, but my heart attack ended up costing me only $800 out of pocket.

I guess there is some gender-relationship, but I'm a gal and hate going to a beauty parlor, period. I actually go to the town (small town, pop 3000) barber, who "gets" me. I don't want to be messed with. I don't want to be blow-dried unless it is frigid out. I used to keep my hair medium-long just for ease (just wore it in a French braid) and only had to have it trimmed annually. But for various reasons a couple of years ago the length had to go. She was shocked when my husband told her I was going short, and loaned him a stack of style magazines. I picked a couple, husband and friends picked a couple more. When I went in I showed her what others thought, and which I thought would work for me. She looked at the friends' and husband's selection and said, "You're right, these two won't work with your hair, and this will require more maintenance than you want to deal with. Your choice is it." I've had short hair for a couple of years now and should have done it a couple years before (when I was having skin disease problems). Yeah, now I have to show up every few months, but worth it. I know a couple of other "no fuss with the head" women, and they go to her as well.

I always tell the: I do not blow dry, it's comb wet and walk. I don't like playing with my hair and never learned how to style it. Heck, I grew up in Wyoming, the wind always blows. Anything I could do with my hair was wiped out before I hit the curb in front of the house.

The lady yesterday gave me a bob, it's cute! Even Shrek liked it. Another thing, all the sudden I have curly hair, it does what ever it wants...makes me crazy.

Oh, it can be insane. Though our military plan, at one time most daily, generic meds were costing $3/mo. I'd usually buy them 3 mos at a time. $9. One day I walked into the pharmacy (remember, small town, they all know everyone) and a 3 mos of something (blood pressure, cholesterol, and gout are his dailies) came up to $0.07! Seven cents? The checkout woman just laughed. I said I have to go back and talk to the pharmacist (who I think is her husband). They were laughing by the time I got back there. "We called TRICARE, we called the local carrier for them, and it isn't a mistake." SO I reached to the bottom of my purse and found some nickels and pennies. Who can figure this ^&((&&(**( out? Now all of a sudden the prices are all over the place, but still low enough that I'm not complaining (I often wait behind someone who is paying hundreds for what I'm paying dozens, but then husband went to Vietnam when others were hiding out). If my husband had to deal with this, he'd be dead from a stroke or something.

Back
Top Bottom