"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 PM   #6291
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Addie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Boston, MA
Posts: 19,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
What? I was hoping someone would take him for a week...

LLBean sells petites, this one doesn't drag behind me and the sleeves are not too long. I got the Black Watch plaid, it's very nice. I just hope it's not too hot to sleep in.
Okay, I will take him for the week. But only for you would I do this. And here's hoping that your night temperatures drop down to 10F.

P.S. I dont have any Snickerdoodles for him. I don't do sweets for my home. I give them all away. Would an apple pie do? Although I do have a two pie, pie maker. I will let him loose in the kitchen.
__________________

__________________
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:26 PM   #6292
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Kylie may I ask how long you have been married to Steve? You sound like a newlywed. If you are not, you seem to have found the secret to having a loving marriage. It is nice hearing about how the two of you do so much together.
+1
__________________

__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:30 PM   #6293
Sous Chef
 
Merlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 708
My husband is drinking, nothing new but trying to "reconnect with me" I am unemotional at this point but he managed to get a few remember whens out of me. We almost had a good time, out in the driveway, in his truck, talking and listening to a song or two. His reasoning was a song that stated something along the lines of Thank you for loving me blah blah "I can't say what I want to say to you but he says it all."
__________________
"Omit and substitute! That's how recipes should be written. Please don't ever get so hung up on published recipes that you forget that you can omit and substitute."
Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet
Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #6294
Sous Chef
 
Merlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am sitting here so upset with myself. I can't seem to get my sleep pattern under control. I woke up around nine this morning. Obviously it wasn't enough sleep. I called my daughter and talked to her for a while, did some little chores, and then promptly fell back to sleep. That was that dang thee o'clock wall. I woke up at nine p.m. tonight. I feel like I lost the whole day. the fact that I only had one cup of coffee yesterday may have something to do with it. I usually can go through a whole pot. And I still haven't had a cup yet. Have to make a fresh pot. I did manage to get my pill down before I fell back to sleep. Now I have to take my nighttime ones. If I don't fall back to sleep and before I can get a cup of coffee into me.

I am also really upset with my SIL. He caught a cold and promptly shared it with my daughter. This is the week she takes her chemo meds. He should know better. I don't care if he went to sleep at some homeless shelter. He knows her immune system is at its lowest when she is on the chemo. And sure enough she caught his cold. The good side (if there if one) is that today is her last day for the chemo for this month. Grrrr!.
I'm sorry Addie
__________________
"Omit and substitute! That's how recipes should be written. Please don't ever get so hung up on published recipes that you forget that you can omit and substitute."
Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet
Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:33 PM   #6295
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper View Post
You sound so happy now that you have your Steve back. I am so happy for you.
Thank you Chopper...I am really much happy I must say, it is great to have him home where I can look after him
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #6296
Sous Chef
 
Merlot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: WV
Posts: 708
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Kylie may I ask how long you have been married to Steve? You sound like a newlywed. If you are not, you seem to have found the secret to having a loving marriage. It is nice hearing about how the two of you do so much together.
It would be hard not to love Kylie, she is the most loveable person ever! So sweet
__________________
"Omit and substitute! That's how recipes should be written. Please don't ever get so hung up on published recipes that you forget that you can omit and substitute."
Jeff Smith, The Frugal Gourmet
Merlot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #6297
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 10,524
I just got off the elliptical machine in the garage, little bit cold out there. Feeling better now but I am usually ready for bed about this time but I am feeling wide awake now.
__________________
simonbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #6298
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
My husband is drinking, nothing new but trying to "reconnect with me" I am unemotional at this point but he managed to get a few remember whens out of me. We almost had a good time, out in the driveway, in his truck, talking and listening to a song or two. His reasoning was a song that stated something along the lines of Thank you for loving me blah blah "I can't say what I want to say to you but he says it all."
(((Hugs)))
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:35 PM   #6299
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Sorry to hear of this Addie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
I am sitting here so upset with myself. I can't seem to get my sleep pattern under control. I woke up around nine this morning. Obviously it wasn't enough sleep. I called my daughter and talked to her for a while, did some little chores, and then promptly fell back to sleep. That was that dang thee o'clock wall. I woke up at nine p.m. tonight. I feel like I lost the whole day. the fact that I only had one cup of coffee yesterday may have something to do with it. I usually can go through a whole pot. And I still haven't had a cup yet. Have to make a fresh pot. I did manage to get my pill down before I fell back to sleep. Now I have to take my nighttime ones. If I don't fall back to sleep and before I can get a cup of coffee into me.

I am also really upset with my SIL. He caught a cold and promptly shared it with my daughter. This is the week she takes her chemo meds. He should know better. I don't care if he went to sleep at some homeless shelter. He knows her immune system is at its lowest when she is on the chemo. And sure enough she caught his cold. The good side (if there if one) is that today is her last day for the chemo for this month. Grrrr!.
__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:36 PM   #6300
Chef Extraordinaire
 
Kylie1969's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 13,936
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Kylie may I ask how long you have been married to Steve? You sound like a newlywed. If you are not, you seem to have found the secret to having a loving marriage. It is nice hearing about how the two of you do so much together.
Addie, next Tuesday 23rd October is our 8 year wedding anniversary

Yes we are certainly a happy couple and love and care for each other a lot, we are very close

Thank you for your lovely comments xx
__________________

__________________
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt
Kylie1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.