What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh shoot, I knew that. Well, glad you have an alternative.

What a pain. Thankfully, it's not winter.

Power just came back. I will switch back to the computer in a couple of minutes. We have an old computer running Linux as a firewall for the home WiFi network and it has to finish rebooting.

Last edited:
Made the bed, put a load of washing on, had breakfast, drove Steve up to the bus interchange to go to work and now about to start some ironing

The Today show has been running a tease for a segment on lab grown meat.

I don't think I will ever be ready for ground meat that has been produced in a test tube.

Maybe it's time to start rereading those dusty vegetarian cookbooks! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

When that story showed up on our TV I said to Himself that it looked like a good argument for vegetarianism. Or bacon. ;)

I went to the doctors this morning, then over to mums for a coffee and this afternoon been relaxing in the lounge watching TV :)

Surprised myself this morning. I was up at 9 a.m. Made my phone call to Winthrop. I asked my nurse to look up my last blood work and to check my thyroid numbers. I am so tired all the time Right now I am on minimal dosage. (That was something I kept putting off.) I even checked my sugar reading. I never check it first thing in the morning. I don't even check it even once a day. In spite of my munching on animal crackers last night, it was nice and low.

I got good news when I called Winthrop. The secretary's husband is a photographer and does it for a hobby. One time she showed me some of his work. There was one picture that haunts me. It is a picture taken at Winthrop Beach during a storm. It is a picture of a wave hitting the wall and at the peak of the wave, just before it crashes down over the wall. There is not even a drop of water coming down before it crashes. That picture haunts me. I think of it all the time. He caught the wave at the perfect moment. She had him print one for me and framed it. I am so excited I am almost in tears. It is in black and white. I usually go to Winthrop for my vitals check at the end of the month. I am going next week so I can get my picture.

Today is going to be a good day! I have to go down to the Community Room for the Summer Birthday cake. Not my favorite thing to do, but I am in a really good mood and will be nice to everyone today. :angel:

Can't wait until the new router gets here. It would be nice to stay connected for for a change. 15 min tops just doesn't cut it anymore. Then and I mean maybe then my comp will get the upgrade. Parts are here. Waiting. Nobody feels the need to do it. They wouldn't hesitate fix things if it were them waiting patiently on the sidelines. Ok that was my grumble for the day. It's over. Sheesh all I want to do is plot our road trip out across the U.S. That's what I've been working towards lately.

Now that I've just typed that up. It's crossing my mind they might not want me to go. Awww touching...It's not going to work. We have the Mothership.
Going my way?

I just watched a video of a young man making a lobster dog. YUM. The only thing I would change is that he used a boxed cornbread mix. I think I would use a large egg role wrap to cover the lobster. It would be more crispy after frying.

Every time I take my meds in the morning, even after I have eaten, I feel so light headed. I am going back to taking them at night. I had plans to go to the beach and sit at my table under the shade of the tree and read. But now I don't dare to take on the traffic to cross the street. Even at the traffic lights.

Well so much for my plans. I am going to try and take a nap. Hopefully I will feel better when I wake up. :angel:

Just a bit ago, after lunch, I licked the bowl, literally, for the last little smidge of Princess Fiona's lemon curd from Sunday's batch. Nah, she doesn't mind at all. It was sooooo good. If I weren't so lazy it would have been lemon tart.

Just a bit ago, after lunch, I licked the bowl, literally, for the last little smidge of Princess Fiona's lemon curd from Sunday's batch. Nah, she doesn't mind at all. It was sooooo good. If I weren't so lazy it would have been lemon tart.

Isn't it wonderful? Try it with lime, lovely!

I simmered the turkey carcass and dark meat from yesterday, have a bunch of broth cooling in the fridge.

Trying desperately to limit my time here at DC so I can get real world stuff done. So...after this post I'm heading down to the basement to continue sorting through cr...stuff, getting ready to, hopefully, have a garage sale next month. Seems the pollen in the air is conspiring against gardening today. *shrug* Both jobs need doing so here I go to Spiderville...

Heading out to clean the chicken coop in case I have to provide witness protection services to Marg and the other two that by-law wants to seize and kill.

So they are going to take your chickens and kill them. Are they going to take them home and eat them???

So they are going to take your chickens and kill them. Are they going to take them home and eat them???
Not my girls at risk, they are safe. A couple on the other side of Ottawa (which is the size of PEI) have had by-law visit and threaten their three girls. We have offered to hold them in "chicken protection" program while they battle with by-law and the City. My girls are SAFE.

I'm so glad that recipe is making you lick the bowl!:)

We are about to have dinner, tonight we are having beef schnitzels and vegetables with a cheese sauce :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom