"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-19-2012, 10:37 PM   #6301
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
My husband is drinking, nothing new but trying to "reconnect with me" I am unemotional at this point but he managed to get a few remember whens out of me. We almost had a good time, out in the driveway, in his truck, talking and listening to a song or two. His reasoning was a song that stated something along the lines of Thank you for loving me blah blah "I can't say what I want to say to you but he says it all."
Merlot, both my husbands were drinkers. So I can certainly relate. After a while you shut down. You go through the motions of a marriage, but not the emotions. My first marriage was 12 long years. Then he died of Alzheimers. My second lasted 14 years and he died of cancer. The alcoholism only hastened his death. Both times (and I hate to say it) I felt releif. Both husbands attended AA. But it didn't stick with either of them. Though they kept trying. I just wish folks would attack drinking like they have smoking. Have you ever heard of anyone having a cigarette and then getting behind the wheel and wiping out a whold family in a crash?

Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #6302
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Okay, I will take him for the week. But only for you would I do this. And here's hoping that your night temperatures drop down to 10F.

P.S. I dont have any Snickerdoodles for him. I don't do sweets for my home. I give them all away. Would an apple pie do? Although I do have a two pie, pie maker. I will let him loose in the kitchen.
Deal, I'll tell him to pack.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #6303
Chef Extraordinaire

eye lid operation in the works.

Quote:
Babe, think of eyeglass frames as jewelry for your face. You deserve a nice new piece of jewelry.
i have worn glasses since i was 16 and have had a lot of pretty frames.

this dr. is an eye surgen. for some reason my spell check isn't here.

any way, he will get approval from insurance and we will go from there. will fill in the blanks when i know more
Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 PM   #6304
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbaker
I just got off the elliptical machine in the garage, little bit cold out there. Feeling better now but I am usually ready for bed about this time but I am feeling wide awake now.
SB, can you move it inside? I have my rowing/recumbent bike machine in front of the TV upstairs, and it makes it so much easier to use, especially during Big Bang or other fave programs.

I would be freezing my butt off in our garage, and your weather is similar to ours!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:45 PM   #6305
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot View Post
My husband is drinking, nothing new but trying to "reconnect with me" I am unemotional at this point but he managed to get a few remember whens out of me. We almost had a good time, out in the driveway, in his truck, talking and listening to a song or two. His reasoning was a song that stated something along the lines of Thank you for loving me blah blah "I can't say what I want to say to you but he says it all."
Sorry to hear of this Merlot

I hope you are OK!
Old 10-19-2012, 10:50 PM   #6306
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Deal, I'll tell him to pack.
I just want you to know I am not looking for a husband. Not even someone else's. You will get him back in a hurry as soon as the week is up.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:51 PM   #6307
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawgluver View Post
SB, can you move it inside? I have my rowing/recumbent bike machine in front of the TV upstairs, and it makes it so much easier to use, especially during Big Bang or other fave programs.

I would be freezing my butt off in our garage, and your weather is similar to ours!
It's not so bad out there it's a small garage attatched to our small ranch home. It's about the only place it will fit. By wintertime it may end up in the middle of the living room though. I usually go to the gym but sometimes it just doesn't work out that way.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #6308
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
I just want you to know I am not looking for a husband. Not even someone else's. You will get him back in a hurry as soon as the week is up.
I just want three days of the bed all to myself and the bathroom! I'll be missing him by the second day.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:49 PM   #6309
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
What? I was hoping someone would take him for a week...

LLBean sells petites, this one doesn't drag behind me and the sleeves are not too long. I got the Black Watch plaid, it's very nice. I just hope it's not too hot to sleep in.
Sometimes I have to force my daughter to think. She will see an item of clothing she wants to buy for me. Then she will ask, "Ma, what does the P stand for?" Well, it doesn't stand for wet undies.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:20 AM   #6310
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Wearing my new flannel nightgown, getting all warm and cozy...I may resurface in a week. Just started a one week vacation from work.
Hibernating are we? Have fun.

Alas, I wish I could wear flannel - made myself these wonderful oversize pj's and top for my recovery time after one of my surgeries. Put it on once and that was it - it doesn't breathe and my claustrophobia went bizerk!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is online now   Reply With Quote