What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The closest DQ to me is 45 miles away. :angel:
In a small town (6,000) just north of us, the DQ made 39,000 blizzards for Childrens Miracle Network. :angel::angel:

We just got home from the drive in movie. It's 1:30 a.m. Time to get to bed.:angel:

We have had a lovely dinner...we made a lamb casserole that Matt Preston made on Masterchef Australia...it is so delicious and the lamb was so tender..it certainly is a keeper :)

Now we are about to head out for a walk

I just got back in from checking out this rifle I received yesterday. Built in 1895 and it still shoots pretty good.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 148
  • 10.JPG
    10.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
I just got back in from checking out this rifle I received yesterday. Built in 1895 and it still shoots pretty good.

Nice "shootin' arn," pacanis. The shoots pretty good part has something to do with the person doing the shooting, too. Nice grouping.

Did you go to a gun show or get it from a private individual? Glenn loves guns. He'd definitely like this one.

Yes, Vit, the stamp is very good on this one. And it's one of the more intricate stampings.

Private individual, Katie. All the way from Texas.

Thanks. I'm a sucker for old Russian rifles.

Nice, Pac! My Dad had the best gun collection. Mom got it in the divorce settlement :LOL: My brother has it now, lots of Civil War guns, bayonettes, pistols, etc.

The only name I even recognize is Tom Brady. Do we still have a team? :angel:

I don't even bother learning the names on my team... or their coach, or their GM, or their owner...

Nice, Pac! My Dad had the best gun collection. Mom got it in the divorce settlement :LOL: My brother has it now, lots of Civil War guns, bayonettes, pistols, etc.

I don't go that far back. Maybe a Sharps some day, but I can do without the muzzleloaders. I have a couple Springfield Trapdoors, an 1873 and an 1884 and that's really far enough back for me.

Very nice rifle Pac. My oldest is an M1 Garand from WWII. It was re-barreled in the fifty's by Springfield with a "star" gauge barrel. All other components were replaced with "national match" grade parts. I also have the grenade launcher attachment and the Pacific theater 18" bayonet to go with it.

Shoots like a dream. Still my primary hunting weapon.

Very nice rifle Pac. My oldest is an M1 Garand from WWII. It was re-barreled in the fifty's by Springfield with a "star" gauge barrel. All other components were replaced with "national match" grade parts. I also have the grenade launcher attachment and the Pacific theater 18" bayonet to go with it.

Shoots like a dream. Still my primary hunting weapon.

I've read about those star barrels and their accuracy. Very nice. I always look for the star when I'm browsing.
My Garands are also a WWII Springfield and a Winchester M1D with the long bayo, flash suppressor, cheek rest and all the other goodies the DCM shipped with them.
And I envy you being able to hunt with a semi in Texas. Apparently people in PA aren't smart enough to not fire them all off at once.

we spent the day at the fair. Tried some scuba diving where they had a large pool set up, fun!, thinking about pursuing it, maybe getting certified. Alot of walking around, to much junk food. Nice to get home & relax.

Back
Top Bottom