"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > The Back Porch > Off Topic Discussions

Old 10-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #6391
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
That is wonderful Katie

You sound as happy with your Glenn as I am with my Steve
I am so glad you both have such happy marriages. Katie, I remember Buck so well and your relationship with him so when you got so "giddy" about this new man in your life I was both happy and wary... Will he treat her okay? Will she find the happiness she had and deserves again? As you talked about Glenn I knew everything was better than okay!

TB (my new name for my DH because he doesn't want his name public and I have been LP all my life and he is a TB by name and as in Teddy Bear ) is my "reward" after a very wrong marriage. TB and I were friends, boss/bookkeeper and eventual business partners for 10 years (to the day) before we got married. We have had some really tough times through our 11 years of marriage but we have and continue to learn and grow from our mistakes. This one's a keeper!

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #6392
Certified Cake Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie1969 View Post
Addie, I am thinking of you xxx
+1

It isn't just Mothers and their children. I sat by so many days during the last three years helpless as my Dad dealt with pain, delusions, loss of abilities, etc. It sure isn't easy. Addie, I hold the most respect for you (and babetoo) for fighting through.

http://beinglydia.com
LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #6393
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Good afternoon everyone. Last night Son #3 and i exchanged some long emails. I found a picture of a panoramic view of the Boston skyline at night. My daughter saw it years ago and never saw it again. She had fallen in love with it. So I sent it to my son and asked him if he could print it out on legal paper and then send it to me. I wanted to take it to Kinko or Copycat to have it enlarged, mounted and framed as a present for my daughter. Her wedding anniversary is this month. My son said he would take care of it for me.

Then we got into a long conversation of how I was handling my daughter's health problems. We both came to the conclusion that I cannot do this alone. So I am going to speak to my social worker at Winthrop and see where I can go from here. Some days I am good and then there are days when just wiping down a counter is too much effort. That is so not me. I don't get depressed. I get angry and fight back. Only this time there is nothing to fight back at. It is not like I can go scream at the doctors to fix this problem right now!!! My child is sick and I can't help her. I can't even give her an aspirin. She is 5'8" tall and I am only 4'8" tall. I no longer can hold her on my lap and tell her she will be all right. So I have to get some help in dealing with all of this.

This is one of the problems of the elderly when they live alone. I so understand what babetoo is going through. But I will come out of this. My biggest problem and help is that I have too much medical knowledge.

I received some news Saturday night from my girlfriend in Atlanta. Her ex husband was diagnosed last year with a type of cancer that that the survival rate is even less than that of my daughter's cancer. He came up to Boston, they made up the recipe for his chemo and sent him back to Atlanta for his doctors there to administer it. Then in August he came back up here for his radiation treatment. He was half way through it, when he hit a couple of hiccups. He had to have three emergency surgeries. So once he recovered from all of that, they took another look at his tumor. When he came up in August it was the size of a golf ball. They took another look after the surgeries and it is now the size of a small pea. In the words of his doctors, "Let's kill this baby once and for all." They started the radiation from the beginning. He has beaten all the odds. I wouldn't have given you two cents for his survival. So if he can beat his cancer that has less survival rate than my daughter, there is hope. They both oddly enough have the same team of doctors at Massachusetts General Hospital.
I bet that picture willbe a nice suprise for your daughter & she will really appreciate it. You sound like the best mom ever.

Keep the faith addie! Keep thinking positive that will help keep her up as well. I will be keeping you in my prayers. Take care.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #6394
Chef Extraordinaire

Thank you to all of you. I have an appointment in Winthrop Thursday morning and I am going to set up some meetings with my social worker. I know I can't handle this all alone. This is one time when I don't have all the answers. Then in the afternoon I have an appointment for my pre op workup for my eye surgery. I need to be concentrating on that. This has been going on since March.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #6395
Master Chef

Quote:
Thank you to all of you. I have an appointment in Winthrop Thursday morning and I am going to set up some meetings with my social worker. I know I can't handle this all alone. This is one time when I don't have all the answers. Then in the afternoon I have an appointment for my pre op workup for my eye surgery. I need to be concentrating on that. This has been going on since March.
Best of luck and good thoughts going your way.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:25 AM   #6396
Master Chef

Quote:
Thinking of you! Loads of love and hugs xoxo

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:01 AM   #6397
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claire View Post
Best of luck and good thoughts going your way.
+1
Old 10-24-2012, 10:19 AM   #6398
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady
+1
+2 Glad you are finding some help to get you through everything.
Old 10-24-2012, 03:24 PM   #6399
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Had the car washed today. They got rid of all the leaves too.

Now I'm going to buy some baguette and onions for tonight's supper and potatoes for tomorrow's supper. Really went through that last bag of potatoes quickly
Old 10-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #6400
Chef Extraordinaire

My thoughts are with you Addie!

Good morning/evening guys

The weather has changed and we have a lovely cool day today YAY!!

Have just got up, had a nice hot shower and ready to go grocery shopping soon.

Then we will be planting our little seedlings..it is raining at the moment, but that is fine...planting with some showers never hurt anyone