What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's 10:30 am, I still don't know what I want to do today.

It's 12:30 here and I haven't figured it out, maybe a nap will set things right! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

There should be rules. This is a "What Are You Doing?" thread. If you're not doing anything, you shouldn't be posting. Have you no decency? It's people like you who probably also go the the What's For Dinner thread and say you don't know what you are going to cook for dinner.

Honestly!

I'm about to go out to the garden and pick some basil and parsley and make some pesto. I'm also going to make some fresh mozzarella today. I'm so glad Taxy mentioned that you can make ricotta from the whey left after making mozzarella! So I'm going to make that, too. Yummo! :yum:

There should be rules. This is a "What Are You Doing?" thread. If you're not doing anything, you shouldn't be posting. Have you no decency? It's people like you who probably also go the the What's For Dinner thread and say you don't know what you are going to cook for dinner.

Honestly!

:ROFLMAO: Touche!

I just got back from a buddy's house. I wanted a second opinion on a pistol I just received and sure enough, it's the original finish. Hard to believe a 1944 issued weapon can look this good and still be all original.
Then I stopped at the hardware store for some reflective tape and numbers for my newly installed mailbox and some K-cups for me. I had to start the morning with a Diet Coke today :shock: I'm all set for tomorrow though.

I just got back from a buddy's house. I wanted a second opinion on a pistol I just received and sure enough, it's the original finish. Hard to believe a 1944 issued weapon can look this good and still be all original.
Then I stopped at the hardware store for some reflective tape and numbers for my newly installed mailbox and some K-cups for me. I had to start the morning with a Diet Coke today :shock: I'm all set for tomorrow though.

How about a photo of the new acquisition?

It was 10:30 am and I was telling you what I was doing...sitting on my butt and remarking on how I had no idea what I wanted to do.

Honestly!

It was 10:30 am and I was telling you what I was doing...sitting on my butt and remarking on how I had no idea what I wanted to do.

img_1292971_0_eaf502c4ae65780627448360eda2e1b2.gif
:LOL: :ROFLMAO: My Sides Hurt!!!

Guess I'll be "doing" some work. :ohmy: I'm going to have a shot of caffeine and look for a kick to the butt so I can head to the dungeon again and sort all that crap (WHERE did it come from???) for a garage sale next month. If you don't hear from me later tonight, send a search party...but don't let them rescue me unless I've made real progress.

For those of you who remember Maynard on "The Dobie Gillis Show", here I am! At about the :47 mark ~
DG - MAYNARD G KREBS - WORK - YouTube

Do you do Groupon or Social Living? One of them has a deal for K-cups going on right now. Are the cups available in a generic version or do you have to use the brand name?

It is freezing here this morning 0.1 degrees brrrrrrr, heating is on straight away as I can hardly type my fingers have gone numb :LOL:

I am just getting something from Target today, but other than that, I am staying home for the rest of the day...only reaching 14 degrees today, best inside all snug and warm :)

Do you do Groupon or Social Living? One of them has a deal for K-cups going on right now. Are the cups available in a generic version or do you have to use the brand name?

No, I don't do those. The local hardware store has the Kuerig brand at pretty good prices from what we compared in one of the coffee threads.
I've been meaning to check out the Canadian ones (that's what I should be doing), but the only time I remember to call them is when they are closed :rolleyes:

Forgot to quote - this is for Kylie.

Curious - do you turn the heat off every night? Is there a particular temperature when you turn it off and back on, or below which you leave it on?

I know people who say "I won't turn on the heat till November (March for you)" or "I won't turn on the heat till the temperature at night is below 60ºF (about 45ºC)."

With our thermostat, we can set the minimum temp where the heat will go on or off.

Last edited:
Hey GG,

We dont leave the heating on overnight as once in bed under our thick Winter quilt we are nice and warm :)

When I get up in the morning, usually if it is below 12 degrees, I will turn it on...but some mornings I get up and you can just feel it is really, really cold and I just whack it on :)

We have gas heating, so it is lovely and warm...I normally turn it off after a couple of hours, but this morning I think it will be on for a few more ;)

Forgot to quote - this is for Kylie.

Curious - do you turn the heat off every night? Is there a particular temperature when you turn it off and back on, or below which you leave it on?

I know people who say "I won't turn on the heat till November (March for you)" or "I won't turn on the heat till the temperature at night is below 60ºF (about 45ºC)."

With our thermostat, we can set the minimum temp where the heat will go on or off.

Hey GG,

We dont leave the heating on overnight as once in bed under our thick Winter quilt we are nice and warm :)

When I get up in the morning, usually if it is below 12 degrees, I will turn it on...but some mornings I get up and you can just feel it is really, really cold and I just whack it on :)

We have gas heating, so it is lovely and warm...I normally turn it off after a couple of hours, but this morning I think it will be on for a few more ;)

That is how I grew up, the heat was turned back about an hour before we went to bed and turned up again in the morning. In the morning we used to fight over who was going to stand on the hot air vent to get warm, we would stand on it until our feet began to burn! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I installed a programmable thermostat so it automatically does all the setting changes on a preset schedule. It can be overridden to deal with exceptions.

I remember the first programmable thermostats from Honeywell. You had the week and the weekend. And you had to choose between a 5, 10 or 15 degree variation. And how far in advance to start doing its thing. I think they were 100 bucks wholesale back in the early eighties. They've come a long way.
I remember a report coming out by the nineties that said you should not vary the temp by more than 10 degrees or the recovery would burn any fuel you saved.

We have forced hot air here and I hate it. As a kid we had a wood burning stove and you had to stoke it. I learned to cook on that stove and tell the temperature of the oven with just my hand. There were vents in the ceiling so the heat could rise upstairs. We also had a wood stove in the LR. Then we got an oil burning stove when we left the farm. That heated the whole apartment. Then when I got married I had a six room apartment and had a gas stove at each end. The kitchen stove was a dual stove. Gas for heating and gas for cooking and baking. That stove really threw out the heat. Then I moved into an apartment with central oil heat. Prefer central gas. The source is always there whether you have the money or not. And in this part of the country, they can't shut off your utilities from Nov.1st to May 31st. Even if you don't pay your bill.

I have to laugh at Spike. They don't charge interest on your unpaid bill. By the end of winter, he gets his final bill and it is around $350.00. He feel since they don't charge interest, he can put his money to better use in the winter. So he pays it in full by June 5th. Works for him. :angel:

I know. You are going to ask how can his heating bill be so low. He turns it off when he leaves the house in the morning. And at night just before he goes to bed he sets it on 55ºF. Spike hates the heat. I have never heard him complain of being cold or it being too cold outside for him. He doesn't put on a jacket until around the middle of Nov. Then it is a light one. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom