What are you doing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good luck, Shreddy!

I just got back from an all day out of town meeting (zzzzzzzzz). Thankfully, the lunch they served was good, and was the only redeeming quality.

Shreddy has lost a kg (2.2 pounds) since his last visit. He doesn't like the special cat food, but he has started eating more of it. He isn't happy about it, but he is accepting it.

The vet said that she thinks the scan and radioactive iodine costs about $1,300. That's less than a ten months' worth of this special cat food. I will phone the vet clinic that does this tomorrow. It doesn't always work, but when it does, it cures the hyperthyroidism.

She also said that, yes, they do have the medication that can be applied to a cat's ear instead given as a pill, but the dosing is less accurate. I pointed out that if I crush a pill and put it in his food, which he doesn't finish, that's not very accurate dosing.

I should have results of his latest blood work tomorrow or at the latest, Wednesday.

Why are you crushing the pill? Cats are easy to pill. Just set the cat in your lap, open the mouth and toss the pill in so it hits the back of the throat. Instant swallow.

Why are you crushing the pill? Cats are easy to pill. Just set the cat in your lap, open the mouth and toss the pill in so it hits the back of the throat. Instant swallow.
Yeah, right. That works with some cats. Shreddy isn't as bad as Sucha was. The vet patiently showed me how to pill the cat. Then she showed me to rub the cat's throat until the cat swallowed. Then the pill flew across the room. :LOL:

I don't want to put an almost 18 year old cat through being pilled twice a day. Heck, I don't want to put the 63 year old lady (me) through that twice a day. :LOL:

The cat that loves me most in the world has 20 very sharp points she employs if she wants to get down...the longest I've ever been able to hang onto her is about 2 minutes. Trying to pill her...I would need EMS twice a day.:rolleyes:

Just got home...been to the shops...again!

Went to the chicken shop and bought some of their lovely chicken sweet chilli and mango spring rolls :yum:

Then dropped by mums for a coffee and chat :)

Good luck, Shreddy!

I just got back from an all day out of town meeting (zzzzzzzzz). Thankfully, the lunch they served was good, and was the only redeeming quality.

I hate meetings. One of the benefits of doing Temp work is that you don't have to attend meetings. :angel:

Good thing I had nothing to do earlier today. Tonight is going to be a bear, fires all over, homes lost. Montana has just signed a state of emergency.

I installed a programmable thermostat so it automatically does all the setting changes on a preset schedule. It can be overridden to deal with exceptions.

In our home the exception IS the schedule! :LOL: Since we have a forced-air furnace with A/C we have one zone. I'm the "automatic" part of our thermostat. In our previous home it wasn't an issue: roll out of bed, wind my way around the frame of the door, and practically bump into the thermostat just beyond the door opening. Now I run down the hall, down the steps, through the living room, turn it up, run back up that path, and hop back into bed until the house warms up. Good exercise, and no gym fee. :)

We have just had dinner, we made some pork mince pasta and had some sourdough loaf with it, very nice :yum:

Now going to watch some TV :)

Dang windows 8 ...I swear, I'm going to download Firefox to this computer. Taking a breakfast break...have prepped enough for 200 people. There are 8 inch long embers flying through the air and the the wind has finally shifted the fire back on itself for a bit.

Well, back to it...

F748A4E5CF1E06C634F68E4389D7DC25_292_292.jpg

Last edited:
Dang windows 8 ...I swear, I'm going to download Firefox to this computer. Taking a breakfast break...have prepped enough for 200 people. There are 8 inch long embers flying through the air and the the wind has finally shifted the fire back on itself for a bit.

Well, back to it...

Yikes!

Take care of yourself. I'm so proud to know someone like you, who takes time out of a busy life to help other people.

When I got my Win 8 machine, I ran lots of stuff, including FireFox from a USB key, using PortableApps.com - Portable software for USB, portable and cloud drives. I didn't need to use IE to download FireFox. Extremely handy, and free. I used it on my sister's computer when I was visiting.

I'm about to go to Réno-Dépôt, a local big box hardware store. I need a new toilet flapper. I also need some other stuff, but the toilet flapper is the reason I'm getting up off my bum to do this shopping.

Well, back to it...

Idaho is going up in flames also. This in not a good year for the western part of our country. Stay safe.

So glad I live in the city. :angel:

I just cut back the suckers growing at the bottom of my bay tree and weeded the herb garden a bit. Then I came in and turned on the a/c. It's not too hot, but it's freaking humid out there. Cooling down a bit now before I go back out.

I decided that I needed to stop at the pharmacy on the way home from the hardware store. My wrist is getting sore, so I wanted a brace. Since I was going to the pharmacy anyways, I put in an order for Stirling's 'scripts. Got to the pharmacy and the pharmacist recommended Votaren anti-inflammatory cream, since the only anti-inflammatory that has ever worked on me is Voltaren, and, in pill form it's only by prescription. I also bought 4 litres of milk.

When I got home, all I had from the pharmacy was the milk. :ermm: I checked the car. I checked my purse. I phoned the pharmacy and sure 'nuff, it was at the counter. She apologized and offered to have it delivered. It just arrived. Phew.

Time to try out the anti-inflammatory cream and the new brace.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom